• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

fep
(09-22-2017, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

JW anderson x uniqlo Trench and shirt ordered.

Aww yiss.

Nice grab.

I wanted the blue flannel in Medium, but that sold out super quick.
Very Berry Sunday
(09-22-2017, 03:42 AM)
I have some Outlier clothes to sell, like new too Non-WTF

Pic

Large
  • Ramielust - Sand
  • Ultrafine Merino T-shirt - Dusk Blue
  • Ultrafine Merino Longsleeve - Dusk Blue
Size 34, hemmed to 30
  • 60/30 Chino - Dark Brown
  • Strong Dungarees - Black
  • Slim Dungarees - Concrete
Clean Ways Shorts - Cobalt Size 30 WTF
New Ways Shorts - Clear Blue Size 30 WTF
New OG - Black Size 30 WTF
New Ways Shorts - Brown Size 32 WTF
Experiment 012 Vanishing Point Shirt Medium
Last edited by Very Berry Sunday; 09-22-2017 at 04:00 AM.
giga
(09-22-2017, 03:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

JW anderson x uniqlo Trench and shirt ordered.

Aww yiss.

Trenches are hard but if you can pull it off more power.

My pickups. Will prob return one of the sweaters but wanted to see which I liked.

Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(09-22-2017, 04:02 AM)

Originally Posted by fep

Nice grab.

I wanted the blue flannel in Medium, but that sold out super quick.

They're still sitting over here in AUS. Guess there's not as much hype compared to other countries.

Originally Posted by giga

Trenches are hard but if you can pull it off more power.

My pickups. Will prob return one of the sweaters but wanted to see which I liked.

The trench is reversible too for an even crazier design. Dunno if I can pull this off but I'm game to try.

Last edited by Antiwhippy; 09-22-2017 at 04:06 AM.
RS4-
(09-22-2017, 04:37 AM)
Yeah I might get the trench, I've been meaning to get one for years lol.
kiyomi
(09-22-2017, 12:44 PM)
Are they selling the JW Anderson stuff in store as well? I'd like to take a look at one of the duffles if possible.

Also sometimes you just have to smile. Poor guy looks so uncomfortable.
sixteen-bit
(09-22-2017, 01:35 PM)

Originally Posted by kiyomi

Are they selling the JW Anderson stuff in store as well? I'd like to take a look at one of the duffles if possible.

that expression, lol
Antiwhippy
(09-22-2017, 03:53 PM)

Only select stores, but they list it on their page. Seems to be the marquee stores of each city.
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(09-22-2017, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

that expression, lol

Wearing that much nasty pleather, who wouldn't look awkward?
EVOL 100%
(09-23-2017, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

how am i looking yo

Wear some goddamn socks man
QuantumSquid
(09-23-2017, 04:06 AM)

Originally Posted by EVOL 100%

i wear socks and shoes when i go out, that pic was taken at 2am this morning when i couldn't fall asleep and decided to try on some different shirt/pant combinations.
NinjaBoiX
(09-23-2017, 04:46 AM)

It looks like he's wearing packaging.

Hideous stuff.
EVOL 100%
(09-23-2017, 05:10 AM)

i wear socks and shoes when i go out, that pic was taken at 2am this morning when i couldn't fall asleep and decided to try on some different shirt/pant combinations.

I'm just messing with you man, I like the fit. Wearing socks in doors is for uncultured barbarians, who wears them in the house ayway. The shirt goes well with your skin tone. I like the texture too
QuantumSquid
(09-23-2017, 05:34 AM)

I'm just messing with you man, I like the fit. Wearing socks in doors is for uncultured barbarians, who wears them in the house ayway. The shirt goes well with your skin tone. I like the texture too

i know you're just messing :p

i've had the shirt for almost a year now and i haven't worn it once because i usually wear tan chinos that don't contrast with it at all. now that i've got these dark blue jeans i can start wearing lighter tops.
Easystride
(09-23-2017, 06:07 PM)
I'll probably get some flak for this, but I just tried out the athletic fit chinos at Target from their new clothing line, and I really like the fit. They make my butt pop like no other! We will see how they hold up to multiple washes, and wear, but for $22.00, I can't complain too much. Was going to try their athletic fit jeans too, but they weren't carrying them in the store.
QuantumSquid
(09-23-2017, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Easystride

I'll probably get some flak for this, but I just tried out the athletic fit chinos at Target from their new clothing line, and I really like the fit. They make my butt pop like no other! We will see how they hold up to multiple washes, and wear, but for $22.00, I can't complain too much. Was going to try their athletic fit jeans too, but they weren't carrying them in the store.

fit is everything my dude

you look better in $22 target chinos that fit you well than you do in $1000 balmain jeans that don't
RS4-
(09-23-2017, 07:33 PM)

Doing it wrong, has to wear shoes indoors.
travislopes
(09-23-2017, 08:17 PM)

how am i looking yo

Where's that shirt/sweater from?
rokkerkory
(09-23-2017, 08:22 PM)
Just ordered some more shirts from charles tyrwhitt... they have a huge sale going on right now. Some quality button up shirts for work / casual for like $35-50.
Very Berry Sunday
(09-23-2017, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

Just ordered some more shirts from charles tyrwhitt... they have a huge sale going on right now. Some quality button up shirts for work / casual for like $35-50.

How are Charles' clothes, do they have good materials? I remember buying $100 for 4.
Easystride
(09-23-2017, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Very Berry Sunday

How are Charles' clothes, do they have good materials? I remember buying $100 for 4.

I swear by their shirts for work. Just make sure you get non-iron material shirts as their other shirts wrinkle extremely easy. They have an amazing return policy too. You have six months to determine if you like it, and if not, you can return/exchange it for free.

I also have a couple of their non-iron chinos, which are pretty nice, but I just wish they came in a tapered look that was not slim fit.

Helpful hint, if you google T.M. Lewin (their competitor), you will find a CT Shirts link for shirts for $33 plus free shipping.
QuantumSquid
(09-23-2017, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by travislopes

Where's that shirt/sweater from?

H&M. this is the exact one i have: http://www.hm.com/us/product/38701?article=38701-P

it's from spring though so you can't get it anymore. they do have some new fine-knit cotton sweaters though, this one in particular seems pretty similar: http://www.hm.com/us/product/59709?article=59709-A
Last edited by QuantumSquid; 09-23-2017 at 09:16 PM.
MoodyFog
(09-23-2017, 10:16 PM)
Aaaand wrong thread.
Last edited by MoodyFog; 09-23-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Alucrid
(09-24-2017, 07:22 AM)
only ever owned one other camo item, but figure i'd give this a try

EVOL 100%
(09-24-2017, 08:55 AM)
Thoughts on Tubular Dooms?

I think they'd look good with my Zanerobe Sureshots
Rei_Toei
Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
(09-26-2017, 09:29 PM)
So this clothing store called Louie Supply popped up in my Instagram feed. Since I'm not seeing that many ads in Instagram anyway, let alone fashion, it had me a bit curious. And I kinda liked a shirt they showed, though the cords on the sleeves (do those things have a name, by the way) on this thing felt kinda gimmicky. And why's that label blurred?

However, I then looked around a bit more on their website and some alarms went off. A lot of their offering looked suspiciously like the schlock peddled by Yesstyle and the like. Their website, though, claims they're Canada-based.. I am le confused. A bit of searching let to this Reddit thread where experiences are pretty much terribad. People not too happy on Amazon too. Some hilarious designs can be found on their webshop though.
Last edited by Rei_Toei; 09-26-2017 at 09:43 PM.
QuantumSquid
(09-26-2017, 09:43 PM)
that shirt is awful. it's like a popover except you can't roll the sleeves down if you want to, and the fixed sleeve length means that it won't fall at the right part of the arm for a lot of people.

e: OH GOD I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE COLLAR. what the fuck
Last edited by QuantumSquid; 09-26-2017 at 09:49 PM.
kiyomi
(09-26-2017, 10:01 PM)
That blurred collar, jfc.

Someone got $630 to spare me? :'(
QuantumSquid
(09-26-2017, 10:08 PM)

That blurred collar, jfc.

Someone got $630 to spare me? :'(

you can get a schott leather jacket for that price, it would be a shame to spend it on waxed cotton.
kiyomi
(09-26-2017, 10:11 PM)
I can't afford either so the point is moot! I just love the BBS aesthetic and wanted to highlight it. It's a cool piece.
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(09-26-2017, 11:01 PM)
That Boris jacket is dope. I'd be considering it if that was an extra small 😍

that shirt is awful. it's like a popover except you can't roll the sleeves down if you want to, and the fixed sleeve length means that it won't fall at the right part of the arm for a lot of people.

The tabs unbutton and are hidden inside the sleeve when it's unrolled. You see that kind of (tacky) stuff on a lot of mall brands. I always assumed they're for doofuses who can't correctly roll up their sleeves.
DiipuSurotu
(09-26-2017, 11:25 PM)

Damn, even Hajime Tabata of Square Enix Japan is wearing Adidas Stan Smiths.
ExInferus
(09-27-2017, 09:10 AM)
I bought some underwear trunks online size M (my usual underwear size) and they sent me L size. I can't return them if I take them out the package so I was wondering if the difference in size between medium/large is that significant when it comes to trunks/boxer briefs considering that they are already really skin-tight? The difference seems to be "only" 2 cm bigger waistline.
Antiwhippy
(09-27-2017, 10:56 AM)
I must say the tartan cuffs on the jw anderson trench is pretty dope.
QuantumSquid
(09-27-2017, 10:41 PM)
went to a clark's store today to try on some desert boots

tried on some of their chelseas for fun and i think i want chelseas more than desert boots now

^ that's the one i tried on
Oxn
(09-27-2017, 11:04 PM)

went to a clark's store today to try on some desert boots

tried on some of their chelseas for fun and i think i want chelseas more than desert boots now

^ that's the one i tried on

Dsw had a sale yesterday and i ordered these. Hope they look good in person.

QuantumSquid
(09-28-2017, 05:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Oxn

Dsw had a sale yesterday and i ordered these. Hope they look good in person.

i can see those looking good with lightwash denim
Browny
(09-28-2017, 11:43 AM)
Any UK Gaffers bought anything from Samuel Windsor? Thinking of picking up a jacket and monk strap shoes...
Oxn
(09-29-2017, 12:23 AM)
This vest looks so hot right now. Not sure if i should cop for $150. Almost sold out. Kind of want it to sell out so i dont buy it.

NinjaBoiX
(09-29-2017, 06:02 AM)
^ I honestly can't tell if you guys are joking sometimes ITT.

Also, I thought that light blue Henley with the grandad collar that you were all losing your shit over looked pretty decent (those cuff straps are pointless and tacky though).
EVOL 100%
(09-29-2017, 09:10 AM)

Originally Posted by NinjaBoiX

^ I honestly can't tell if you guys are joking sometimes ITT.

Also, I thought that light blue Henley with the grandad collar that you were all losing your shit over looked pretty decent (those cuff straps are pointless and tacky though).

It looked like something like a clueless yuppie would wear
Socreges
smarter than the average commie
(09-29-2017, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by rockinreelin

This looks a lot like superdry. You want to go totes chav I see. Have at it man https://www.superdry.com/us/mens/jackets

I guess I should have known this community would kinda suck. That's my bad. Cheers
NinjaBoiX
(09-29-2017, 08:29 PM)
Just picked up an Autumn jacket for less than a third of what it originally cost, really versatile and fits like a glove (always a bonus for my short arse frame!):

Originally Posted by Socreges

I guess I should have known this community would kinda suck. That's my bad. Cheers

Hey man, don't let it get to you! Very few things in life are as subjective as fashion, I often look at some of the shit posted in here and wonder how high people are.

I just don't think I'm young and daring enough to try some of this stuff but hey, more power to you if you can rock it. I'm just a bit more traditional and vanilla I guess, if it fits well, looks decent and versatile and is a sane price I'll buy it.
kiyomi
(09-29-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Socreges

Not sure I can fulfil your peacoat wishes without knowing your budget. Since I'm not really sure that you're sure you know what you want, here are some random suggestions!

Do any of these speak to you?

The field jackets on Superdry were also kinda like what you posted, but it seems the chav connotation put you off. We're not all bad. Honest.
lenovox1
(09-29-2017, 10:38 PM)

Not sure I can fulfil your peacoat wishes without knowing your budget. Since I'm not really sure that you're sure you know what you want, here are some random suggestions!

Do any of these speak to you?

The field jackets on Superdry were also kinda like what you posted, but it seems the chav connotation put you off. We're not all bad. Honest.

And there's no chav connotation of the brand in the US or Canada. People either think it's a Japanese brand or they don't know anything about it. It's just a British Abercrombie and Fitch that utilizes limited Asian imagery. Decent quality.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(09-29-2017, 11:31 PM)
In case anyone is stupid.

EVOL 100%
(09-30-2017, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

[ㅁIMG]https://i.imgur.com/UQQQ0Bl.jpg[/IMG]

At that price I'd expect that shirt to wake me up in the morning, make me breakfast and a cup of coffee and send me off. JFC
Yuuichi
(09-30-2017, 05:16 AM)
I'm 99% sure it would be cheaper for me to learn how to make that shirt myself (complete with paying someone to teach me) rather than buying it
NinjaBoiX
(09-30-2017, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

I mean, it's not even a nice one, the fit is boxy and the pattern looks a little washed out.