• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

People actually use Truth? Like, as a weapon?

I always thought it was to fulfill a "lol reference" quota.

I mean, I get why people hate the nerf, but I've always viewed it as the Dreg's Promise of Rocket Launchers.

oh yeah, it was easily the best rocketlauncer in Trials too if you were using legendaries like the Dragon pulse and a Matador as a shotty. No exotics to use anyways so it was an easy choice.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'll never forget hearing "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" for the first time ever in my life.

it doesn't matter what I say....the children are scared......don't have time

god did that turn into such a joke.

It still brings back memories of year 1 though. It's like an mmo.......great times mixed with plenty of bad as well. I still have a strong feeling for year 1 that 2 or now 3 have not delivered.

edit: I'm actually thinking about deleting a character lol, probably my warlock and restarting on it.

Since the game is already broken, why not go overboard and let everyone equip exotics on every slot? Now, that would actually be fun.

I've wanted a gamemode like this for ages now. Just one PvP game mode or modifier for strikes or something. The theory crafting alone makes it worth doing. There might be an issue though. Look at the latest patch. They accidentally gave all life regen skills a boost. What if theres no feasible way to allow all exotics equipped for one gamemode? Now obviously they should be able to make a separate gamemode where its possible. But maybe the way they set it up is so fundamental that it just can't be done easily, or at all. If they tried to do this and then every single mode in the game allowed full exotics... lol.

I feel like Destiny is a perfect game to play once in a while. If it's your primary game, you'll feel extraordinarily empty pretty quick.

Yep. I think a lot of us figured this out at some point. There are some things to love about Destiny, but Bungie just doesn't know how to make it a 'game of the forever'. With a dev team of over 1000, you'd think they could pull it off but they put the B team on the active game and the A, C, D, ... Z team on the game in dev. And it's still having issues with being complete for 2017.

123rl

Is this a glitch? I got the last Artifact that I needed and the stats are way out of proportion to the other ones

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

For comparison, one of my other Artifacts has Int+35 and Disc +93, lol. It just seems way too high

Is this a glitch? I got the last Artifact that I needed and the stats are way out of proportion to the other ones

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

For comparison, one of my other Artifacts has Int+35 and Disc +93, lol. It just seems way too high

It's felwinters so boosts your disc/str to maximise double nades/melee times, as you don't need intellect as you lose your super

glaurung

That's not even the best Felwinter that's been on sale. Here's mine:

felwinter334.png

123rl

It's felwinters so boosts your disc/str to maximise double nades/melee times, as you don't need intellect as you lose your super

Derp. That makes perfect sense. atm it's made my Disc. too high so I need some Int/Str armour to balance it out if I'm going to use it

I guess it's because I played Vanilla year 1 for a good 80-90
Hours and then didn't pick it back up until the collection. I think I got the most out of destiny taking long breaks from it, not really tired of it, and probably will play till destiny 2.

Only downside is I missed the more hype moments when everyone on GAF was playing and doing raids and stuff a lot more frequently.

But I'll make sure I'm here for destiny 2

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This game is still alive?

Damn!

Logged in to check the new update, all these Nerfs

The fuck?!

Hey let's make our game more unenjoyable!, they'll still play it, why make it fun

Haven't touched Destiny in for-fucking-ever, keep doing so till sequel I guess, nothing shows there interested in keeping the base happy

didevol

This game is still alive?

Damn!

Logged in to check the new update, all these Nerfs

The fuck?!

Hey let's make our game more unenjoyable!, they'll still play it, why make it fun

Haven't touched Destiny in for-fucking-ever, keep doing so till sequel I guess, nothing shows there interested in keeping the base happy

I stopped playing about 3 weeks ago, I thought it became pretty stale. I was hoping for a good patch on Tuesday to freshen things up.

Holy shitfuck, what have they done? Not going back anytime soon I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All of my high-level armour is Int/Disc, so I need some Int/Str to balance it out. My discipline is something like 540 when I use that Artifact. I know I don;t need Int :)
I think their point was likely that you can use Dsc/Str or just Str stuff too, to get your Strength up to max

Kalamari

Maybe Bungie knows they won't finish Destiny 2 in time so they are poisoning the franchise. Activision will end up with stock in a worthless company.

Lol he's talking about that thread where activision will get the rights to Destiny if they don't finish it by this year.

Still odd how it got all the way around to something bungie would do on purpose but yeah...

Mindlog

Where-into forthwith the splendorous reveal of patchery hatchlinghood was released unto worthy guardians most pleased chip chip cheerio rest assured we area listening to all feedback. Expenctationtude to hear more from us soon as the data rolls in! In the meantime our crystal balls portent a not near-future, but soon-future stream of revelation in which our next exciting content drop will be teased!

Warming up the BWU machine.

Wow, Reddit upvoted the hell out of that thread bringing up how stupid the health regen change feature was. Hunters ruin everything.

FyreWulff

There's no way they'll keep the bugged change for most other stuff. It breaks the entire instant base concept of the Defender Dome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would anyone be able to help get Angry Guy a NM clear tonight at 9PM Eastern? It won't take long. He knows the encounters, and we don't have to do CM.

Yannick

Neo Member
Hopped in the Crucible with a few members of my fireteam expecting the worst.

Most fun Crucible has been in a very VERY long time.

If anybody is on the fence about the Crucible after reading the patch notes, I highly suggest giving it a real shot. Very chill, much less stressful.

Shiv47

There's no way they'll keep the bugged change for most other stuff. It breaks the entire instant base concept of the Defender Dome.

But Deej said last week that "hundreds of hours of playtesting, iteration, and more playtesting" went into making these changes! We just need to let things settle and see how it all works out, long term. If that happens to stretch into Destiny 2 releasing, well, that's just how things are.

If anybody is on the fence about the Crucible after reading the patch notes, I highly suggest giving it a real shot. Very chill, much less stressful.

What weapon did you notice being used a lot? Or weapon type

FyreWulff

But Deej said last week that "hundreds of hours of playtesting, iteration, and more playtesting" went into making these changes! We just need to let things settle and see how it all works out, long term. If that happens to stretch into Destiny 2 releasing, well, that's just how things are.

Shit happens. I'm really annoyed that Defender is broken right now but I'm not lighting any torches until they decide if they're committing to the bugged changes. Or rather, I'd be pretty much done with Destiny because I only play a Defender Titan, and being made of paper after deploying an AoL dome would make absolutely zero sense.

Melchiah

Hearing this makes me even more annoyed by the "fix", since it's painfully obvious that PVP is their priority. The changes did no good for PVE, and certainly didn't make it more fun to play.

Hand cannon and wormwood sidearm is top notch. Hand cannons feel very good and the wormwood is first in class.

And of course, NLB/sidearm is a strong combo.

Hmm nice, I got a Lord High Fixer with luck in the Chamber and Rangefinder. Will have to see later, how I do with it

LTWood12

FWIW I think the patch is mostly a step in the right direction insofar as the hand cannon change, pulse changes, and special ammo in sixes. But they overstepped ignorantly with Hungering Blade (no one was complaining about it anyway) and in the process borked a whole lot of important abilities in the game. It frustrates me especially since they knew it was breaking all these other things and chose to push the patch anyway. They give zero regard to the affects to PvE and that's gotten annoying.

I'm worried they won't allocate enough resources to fix that, and if they do attempt a fix, i'm afraid that will just break something else.

In summary, the fix to hand cannons feels great and i've been wanting it for ages, so i'm willing to deal w/ the other stuff until it's fixed. But it's clear they probably need to stop w/ patches after the fix, because it's evident they don't have the resources allocated to vet them properly.

Game is still fun to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would anyone be able to help get Angry Guy a NM clear tonight at 9PM Eastern? It won't take long. He knows the encounters, and we don't have to do CM.
WM Normal mode in just under 3 hours! Come help out a fellow GAF Guardian :) You have my word it won't be a long run.

aarcane

Tried out a few different auto rifles, Monte Carlo is probably my favourite so far. It's easy to hit those crits, plus it constantly gives my throwing knife back to my gunslinger.

SF0MbF4.jpg

Seriously, it's like having a Tier 15 character. I've missed gunslinger, haven't used it in months but it feels good again.

Tomorrow is going to be hand cannon day. Finnala's Peril, TLW, Hawkmoon, even my old Timur's Lash and some other ones in the depths of my vault. Looking forward to it.

Angry Guy

WM Normal mode in just under 3 hours! Come help out a fellow GAF Guardian :) You have my word it won't be a long run.

Would trying to do the Outbreak Prime monitors conflate our run to fucked-up proportions? I'd like to try to get them, but not if it's going to fuck the run for everyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would trying to do the Outbreak Prime monitors conflate our run to fucked-up proportions? I'd like to try to get them, but not if it's going to fuck the run for everyone.
Nah, if half or more of the group understands how it works it barely adds any time. Would be fine to do that.

People actually use Truth? Like, as a weapon?

I always thought it was to fulfill a "lol reference" quota.

I mean, I get why people hate the nerf, but I've always viewed it as the Dreg's Promise of Rocket Launchers.

wat

Truth has been the best PvP Rocket Launcher since December 2014

I wonder as of today, where Destny 2 sits. Is it as polished as it should be, is it so far off, Do they know what its going to be?

I remember Destiny shipped was nothing like what it was supposed to be. I wonder where D2 is in the process.

Top Bottom