• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Yea, my friend's image in the party menu had a crown over it. Maybe "host" is wrong, perhaps it's "lead"? Playing on PC.

Why is it like that? After booting the game up at the same time as a friend, I'm a bit shocked we can't stay at the same point in quest progression. So I get to do the quests alone or do them twice, lol?

I don't know what he's having an issue with but it's only base denfenses that don't share completion the others do. Only thing is, if the mission objective is to collect a number of something you actually have to do that to get credit. Like the 5 tape missions each player needs to collect AFAIK. But quest completion is for all aside from solo Base defenses.

Grisby

So trying to do the early tutorial missions (which you don't seem to join at the beginning) with all the text popups while other players are running around is kind of terrible. Luckily it's pretty easy so far.
It's weird to think that the game we'll be playing a year from now will be vastly different than what we're playing now.
I've been thinking about this myself. I also find it kind of crazy that they've been developing this game for seemingly, like, years, and did not think to put some sort of crafting deal in the main menu. Crazy.

Spinifex

Just realized Ray is voiced by Ashly Burch. Didn't see any mention of this anywhere, I can't see her credited on IMDB or anything.

<- don't know how I didn't pick it earlier, I'm a huge fan of her work.

Ramirez

Guys, before I select a mission now, it keeps telling me I have empty gadget slots, what the hell are the gadgets?! I unlocked the healing AOE and airstrike in the skill tree, but I can't figure out how you equip them, lol.

CookTrain

Guys, before I select a mission now, it keeps telling me I have empty gadget slots, what the hell are the gadgets?! I unlocked the healing AOE and airstrike in the skill tree, but I can't figure out how you equip them, lol.

Select your character on the player... spotlight? screen, while a mission is waiting to start. You can add gadgets and tinker with other things.

Archpath1

On the waiting lobby screen there's a circle plus icon near the legs for gadgets select that then gadget button should be there

Excited for my base , using jump pad traversal, halo jump pad inspiration

horizontal jump pads + ninja double jump = heaven

You fly across large sections of the map.

Thanks, one of my only major complaints with the game is that you can't do everything in every menu, confusing as hell, lol.

You'll get used to it. And they'll probably improve it. It'll seem a bit less insane after a while.

Ramirez

Select your character on the player... spotlight? screen, while a mission is waiting to start. You can add gadgets and tinker with other things.

On the waiting lobby screen there's a circle plus icon near the legs for gadgets select that then gadget button should be there

Thanks, one of my only major complaints with the game is that you can't do everything in every menu, confusing as hell, lol.

Ramirez

So I finally unlocked star level 2, and now I find out I need a training manual. *flips table*

Is that a reward for finishing up the first area?

Loving this game so far but man some of things are confusing and not getting credit when not party leader sucks.

This legit has to be a bug only affecting certain people, I just did 2 missions with a friend and no issues whatsoever both got credit. Obviously as stated before the missions cannot be storm shield defense missions otherwise if you do the quest and are in the area when it gets done you shouldn't have an issue. Completing the mission is always giving us the Manila envelope completion after if it's not a storm shield base defense.

Can someone explain the point of the Survivor Squads to me?

The primary thing they do is buff 1 of 4 stats based on the squad. The amount they buff is in the upper right of their card. This odd influenced by their level and rarity.

If your leader matches the job, he contributes extra. If your assigned squad matches personality with the leader they get a bonus as well. Lastly, each non-lead survivor has a bonus that is active if paired with enough sharing the same bonus.

aerogod 2.0

Neo Member
Can someone explain the point of the Survivor Squads to me?

They just give you more stats. Its like wearing gear in other games. Each survivor has two indicators on the bottom of their card and if you match them up you get bonuses on top of the regular stats each provide

Tecnniqe

Banned
I wish there was an easy way to report griefing and various other things.

Had a first bad pug experience where two guys with close to similar names joined and started whining at us about wanting our weapon crafting resources and for us to make them our weapons and whatnot, since we refused as we need this ourselves they just say "well then we won't help" and just stood jumping on buildings during defending as the enemy attacked.

I know there is a block options you can find one they show up under recent players after a while but wtf?

If we didn't have decent enough weapons we'd fail and be forced to quit and just waste time.

It's only the one time really but this is an issue and there should be a rep system or reports to weed out there people before it festers in the community...

Pretty great outside that tho but more group permanent stuff would be absolutely needed sooner rather than later as having to do things like stormshield 3-4 times for a group is tedious :3

At least you get piñata &#128555;

I wish there was an easy way to report griefing and various other things.

Had a first bad pug experience where two guys with close to similar names joined and started whining at us about wanting our weapon crafting resources and for us to make them our weapons and whatnot, since we refused as we need this ourselves they just say "well then we won't help" and just stood jumping on buildings during defending as the enemy attacked.

I know there is a block options you can find one they show up under recent players after a while but wtf?

If we didn't have decent enough weapons we'd fail and be forced to quit and just waste time.

It's only the one time really but this is an issue and there should be a rep system or reports to weed out there people before it festers in the community...

Pretty great outside that tho but more group permanent stuff would be absolutely needed sooner rather than later as having to do things like stormshield 3-4 times for a group is tedious :3

At least you get piñata &#128555;
In the AMA, they mentioned they would be working toward rewarding individual participation better in the future. Dunno about a report system though.

Palmer_v1

I don't understand how the game decides to matchmake you if you pick he random one. I'm only power 18 or so, but it's putting me in 34s. I do so little damage. Not really sure what affects it, either.

Also running into people using an exploit that I hope gets patched quickly. It's a trick that makes your base(and yourself) basically immune to melee husks. You only have to kill ranged stuff.

bender

What time is it?
The frame rate is really rough anytime the action gets heavy.

Another server shutdown, cool breh.

There are a lot of hitches outside of action heavy sequences too but I think those are network related. It's really noticeable when someone is joining or quitting a match.

Base building is still fun and I've gone nuts with my starting zone. I'll try to post a video tour at some point.

Ramirez

There are a lot of hitches outside of action heavy sequences too but I think those are network related. It's really noticeable when someone is joining or quitting a match.

Base building is still fun and I've gone nuts with my starting zone. I'll try to post a video tour at some point.

Yup, and half the time my textures don't even load properly, lol.

Spoo

Love this game, but I'm feeling a little annoyed that I can't (won't) play as the class I really want to. I have an epic smoke / assassin / poison ninja card, so I'm using it even though I'd kind of rather play as one of the other characters. Yes, I have a rare card for them, but I want a purple at least before jumping lol.

Otherwise great game. RNG is just killing me.

Top Bottom