• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

Been rotating between Splatoon on Wii U and this the last couple hours. See a bunch of Japanese players on Wii U but haven't played against any on Splat 2. Servers set up differently?

Having connection issues at times. Got the warning message saying it's suspicious. Lol.

Switch stock problems at Japan most likely.

Most of my teammates are Japanese btw.

sikkinixx

Why boot the game every time when you can just let it in standby?

On another note, during the segment I noticed that the audience in the background are the ones that are actually the ones placed looking at the glass door in Inkopolis Square. Nice touch.

Because I switch games. Or my wife plays something.

JustJavi

Been rotating between Splatoon on Wii U and this the last couple hours. See a bunch of Japanese players on Wii U but haven't played against any on Splat 2. Servers set up differently?

Having connection issues at times. Got the warning message saying it's suspicious. Lol.

I get only asian players, but I'm in New Zealand haha

XaosWolf

STOP GIVING ME PORT MACKEREL

8 fucking matches in a row on this stage and not a single win because the team seems to completely forget how to play as soon as the 1 Minute Left music starts.

CPCunha

I'm almost lvl 14 and i feel a bit better playing the game... so i wanna play with you guys. What's the best way to play with gaffers?

What is the best color flag you can get on your weapons for their winning streaks? The completionist in me needs to know. I've seen green for 5.0+ and red for 10.0+.

Jims

If there's one thing that I like about Salmon Run that the rest of the game doesn't quite do, it's forcing players to try weapons they don't normally play with and getting proficient with them :)

I agree! I was so bad about the chargers, the last time I played one (outside of single-player Amiibo) was the first week of the first Splatoon. I was like immediately, "I hate this so much, I am not playing them ever." After watching a bunch of streams of it, and now being forced to play it in Salmon Run, it's like, why was I so grumpy about playing these weapons? They're totally fine.

Blaster is a little rough in this mode, though. It falls in this middle range of being too slow to handle the rapid-stuff and not range-y enough to deal with others.

Lucent

Playing this has really reminded me how much it sucks that Nintendo hasn't gotten their **** together when it comes to playing with friends. You csn't grab a friend and THEN jump into regular matches. One of you has to play and then the other has to sit back and wait until the match is over to be included. And you're not always guaranteed to be on the same team. And the Nintendo app is so horrible it was better just to call each other.

Kudo

Playing this has really reminded me how much it sucks that Nintendo hasn't gotten their **** together when it comes to playing with friends. You csn't grab a friend and THEN jump into regular matches. One of you has to play and then the other has to sit back and wait until the match is over to be included. And you're not always guaranteed to be on the same team. And the Nintendo app is so horrible it was better just to call each other.

Kind of insane you can't just message your friends with simple preset messages like in Mario Kart you can do after matches, that would be so good.
Could just easily ask if people are up for teaming up and the preset messages could be localized for each language so it would overcome even language barriers.

Ogodei

Paintbrush works well on Port Mackarel. Easy to infiltrate enemy territory quickly and then you can paint all kinds of stuff.

Really doesn't work on more vertical stages though.

Beat story mode. Kind of agree that
DJ Octavio Featuring Callie
wasn't as epic as the first time around, but it was mechanically sounder, less frustrating than the Killer Wail spam that was DJ Octavio I.

Now i just need to go back and get like 10 more sunken scrolls.

bumpkin

My win/loss record is absolutely abysmal... I feel like every match I lose, my team is more preoccupied with killing the other players than they are inking the arena. It's kind of discouraging.

I'm doing great in ranked now.
I've been using a roller.

Fuck aiming. I'm just going to run your ass over.
Meanwhile, I'm splatting rollers left and right because they insist on trying to run me over instead of aiming the flick :p

The flick is the only reason rollers are viable at a high level btw

Kudo

My win/loss record is absolutely abysmal... I feel like every match I lose, my team is more preoccupied with killing the other players than they are inking the arena. It's kind of discouraging.

I do agree it's kind of discouraging to see your team mates flailing aimlessly.

My last 50 matches is 30/20 which I'm quite happy with, been trying out different weapons alot.
Heavy Splatling is quite fun in certain maps where you can get the Sprinkler in good spots.

K' Dash

I see camping is becoming really popular.

Really? camping in a fucking game with 3 min rounds.

At least every time a find a team with fucking campers they get destroyed, lucky me I get good teams when they show up.

Imur

Sometimes it's really hard to decide between Fashion and Stats ;(

I still have only * Clothes because all **-ones I could buy are really ugly. btw: how do I get even better Clothes? Random? Level? Success?

DrArchon

Annie needs to step the fuck up with the gear she's selling on SplatNet. Pretty much everything there is a shirt with two slots. Is it too much to ask to higher rarity head gear and shoes?

random25

Sometimes it's really hard to decide between Fashion and Stats ;(

I still have only * Clothes because all **-ones I could buy are really ugly. btw: how do I get even better Clothes? Random? Level? Success?

Once you are at high level you can add slots to your favorite clothing to make them better.

And yes, higher level lets you buy better gear at shops.

Annie needs to step the fuck up with the gear she's selling on SplatNet. Pretty much everything there is a shirt with two slots. Is it too much to ask to higher rarity head gear and shoes?

She sells 3 star gear from time to time.

Estoc

Try having several friends wanting to play together... It's guaranteed that one or two will be unable to enter.

The difficulty in playing with friends is honestly the worst thing about this otherwise great game. That, and limited online Salmon Run.

Gah, didn't play for 2 days and now everybody is level 18 and destroying me. Kinda discouraging me from playing since it's not matching me up with similarly leveled people.

Shauni

Hmm, this morning she had a leather jacket with 4 slots and a hat with 3. Or maybe that was last night? I can't remember.

bonesquad

The problem is not "git gud". At this moment there's too many veterans in rank, some C+ matches looks like they're playing in S+. Things won't get better until Switch's stock problem fixed and more newbies come in. You don't need to be good to carry C rank teams singlehanded and go to B- in Splatoon 1.

People need to hurry up! The game's been out 5 days already:)

I was just frustrated. I had a C rank meter almost full, and was in a Splat Zone match I was doing ok and the meter was under 10. But then suddenly everyone but me on my team got disconnected. I lost. I did get the 'we see you were missing players blah blah blah", but I played terribly next match and lost. Then my meter broke and sent me back to square one. Then I lost 2 more. I was not happy. Just thinking about it makes me not happy.

Back to Turf War until this clears up or until Salmon's Run reopens:)

DrArchon

She sells 3 star gear from time to time.

She's selling one 3-star piece now, and it's that shirt and tie combo with ink resistance up. Everything else is 1-star, and a shirt to boot.

I have to believe that there's just a bunch more shirts in the game than anything else. Otherwise there'd be at least a bit of parity, right?

ZeroX03

Banned
Picked this up. I felt it in the testfire too, but this game just feels a lot more fun to play than the first one? The Switch itself is part of that, but the multiplayer just seems a lot better. Can't articulate how or why.

Forcing myself to use motion controls to improve. It's great when playing portable but still feels weird docked.

I have not been able to complete a match all day due to connection errors. I have no idea what's going on. It's always in the last minute.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

random25

She's selling one 3-star piece now, and it's that shirt and tie combo with ink resistance up. Everything else is 1-star, and a shirt to boot.

I have to believe that there's just a bunch more shirts in the game than anything else. Otherwise there'd be at least a bit of parity, right?

Yesterday I believe she was selling a 3-star helmet together with a 3-star leather jacket sort of, and the other day she sells a 3-star boots. It takes a bit of frequently checking SplatNet to catch those stuff.

Wtf? I had 2 matches in a row where I only had 3 teammates and my meter still busted and I went down a rank. What's the point of that message if you still get penalized when someone on your team quits?

Shauni

Wtf? I had 2 matches in a row where I only had 3 teammates and my meter still busted and I went down a rank. What's the point of that message if you still get penalized when someone on your team quits?

It's really situations like that that make you realize the leveling system in Splatoon is pretty stupid.

Neiteio

2017072521381201-cba832q5l.jpg

2017072521555300-cba8o6pui.jpg

2017072522020700-cba8n2pkc.jpg

2017072521182400-cba8j5o5p.jpg

2017072520492900-cba8gspbm.jpg

2017072520251500-cba887okm.jpg

2017072520373700-cba8yso14.jpg

2017072505483200-cba8uvrtl.jpg

2017072505300601-cba8rko3u.jpg

2017072504042000-cba88opl5.jpg

2017072520080600-cba8xapso.jpg

2017072520085000-cba814plx.jpg

2017072418173100-cba8cjr3a.jpg

2017072504015100-cba8ljqph.jpg

2017072222322600-cba8akrfl.jpg

2017072222322900-cba8qzpou.jpg

I have not been able to complete a match all day due to connection errors. I have no idea what's going on. It's always in the last minute.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Had no issues the first few days but been getting them on and off all night. Super infuriating especially earlier when it dropped me a rank in Salmon Run and then later on this evening while I was playing Ranked so just had to call it quits for the night. Probably had a total of 5 or 6 matches like that today.

Pastry

Banned
Still astonished that this is billed as some sort of competitive shooter and I can't just plugged my headphones in and coordinate with randoms in ranked 😑

Ricky 7

I don't like the Roller in this game, it's vertical line of fire whilst jumping is so off putting. I know you can still jump and fire horizontally if you fire before jumping but it's just too inconvenient. Switched to the Dualies, it's the only weapon I can get win streaks with😓 not used to motion controls yet, not sure if I should go back to analog.

Jims

After the first Splatfest, the 1-star shirts will get better when the Sea Snails start rolling in. Then you can start adding slots and stuff to the lower-leveled stuff.

The 3-star gear is a bit of pain to level up, since they take so many experience points. Thinking with the new ability-scrubbing ability, it might be faster to just keep leveling up 1-star gear when the slots are unlocked.

But yeah, for now, it's kinda slim pickings until they give you the 3-slot shirts you want. :(

Does anyone think the rolling shouldn't be exclusive to the Dualies? It's an amazing mechanic to quickly get out of sticky situations and I don't want to play with any other weapon cuz of it.

Finally able to play in docked mode w/ the pro controller and this game looks great on the big screen. Also, playing the game w/ the pro controller is fantastic.

One thing that i'm realizing is that spawning at your base may be a better idea rather than jumping to another team mate spot. Seeing enemy's color paint way to close to the spawn point.

spiritfox

Does anyone think the rolling shouldn't be exclusive to the Dualies? It's an amazing mechanic to quickly get out of sticky situations and I don't want to play with any other weapon cuz of it.

Then dualies will have nothing over splattershots. It's the only thing going for them.

noquarter

Had the same thing happen to me. Really hoping that once I get out of C land the leveling system won't piss me off so much. Only so much fighting I can do when the team only has three people on it and the other team is actually working.

Also hoping that it helps weed out some of the people that are using charge weapons and like to sit on an edge away from the action. Don't know what the range is, but doubt it is the full map, at least get in the path of the tower or have the ability to hit a choke point.

Finally able to play in docked mode w/ the pro controller and this game looks great on the big screen. Also, playing the game w/ the pro controller is fantastic.

One thing that i'm realizing is that spawning at your base may be a better idea rather than jumping to another team mate spot. Seeing enemy's color paint way to close to the spawn point.
Yeah, while respawning it is a good idea to look at the map, but I rarely actually super jump, usually by the time you get there your team is gone and you are in a four on one in enemy ink.

And in Turf War, there are multiple paths that you can splat, so the first two or three times I die and don't even bother looking, will fill in more of the map near the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom