• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which developer other than From Soft could make a Bloodborne 2 worthy of its legacy?

Theyre making it don't worry.

Please tell me you are some kind of business insider and not joking at all.

I need Bloodborne 2 to be real.

I..NEED..IT..TO..BE..REAL....

giphy.gif

Please hear my prayer Kos, even though you are dead.

Van Bur3n

Every Souls-like that isn't from From Software is leagues behind From's actual Souls games.

No one can make one worthy of what From have to offer.

Every Souls-like that isn't from From Software is leagues behind From's actual Souls games.

No one can make one worthy of what From have to offer.

Totally agree, even though I hated Dark Souls 2 I would still say it's a much better game than Nioh, which is considered the best Souls-like/Souls-clone to many.

Lol people in here are pretending like From/Miyazaki is the greatest developer of all time and no one can touch Soulsborne.

But there are faults in their games and there are devs who could do things better which doesn't really mean they would get it right either I suppose. However, the three most important aspects of Bloodborne for me are level design, theme/atmosphere, and boss design. The one developer I would say who achieves all of this on the same level if not better than from is Prime era retro. They are the closest it comes when it involves a dark themed game with awesome level design and great boss fights. People can talk about the combat of Blooborne but if you really think thats the hardest aspect to nail over the other three then you are sorely mistaken.

But could Retro even make a game like this anymore? I really don't know, as Nintendo themselves have seemingly lost confidence in them.

JayBabay

Personally i only want FromSoft to do it but i have seen a lot of people saying that if FS is not going to make BB2 then Sony Japan will/should do it.

Actually what i really want personally is FromSoft to completely focus on new IPs and Armored Core.I loved BB but i don't think it needs a sequel.

I agree with you, I would rather it be made by the same core team or don't bother. Also if there's one game that is worth replaying, BB would be it.

Dadasch

I would love to see Japan Studios take on it.
Love From Soft and Miyazaki but there has to be a way to dive into this mad world again...I just love it too much to see how it will never have a sequel.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Why even consider it? No one wants a Souls game from anyone but FROM.

And what developer would hand their legacy over like that?

I was going to say 'probably no one' but

Falcom could do it, I believe in 'em more than almost any other studio. They know how to write story, how to handle lore, how to do amazing boss fights, they do awesome action gameplay, and know how to make interesting monster designs. Plus they have an incredible sound team.

Yeah. Yeah, maybe.

Plenty of studios could, the formula is paint-by-numbers at this point. I say this as someone with the platinum for every game in the "Souls franchise", the level of variation between the games is about the same as the PS2 Armored Core sequels.

They shuffle around stats, remix the same boss fights/levels and occasionally throw around a new gimmick or two.

But this is all beside the point, they could hand off the sequel to a different studio and they could make the best ARPG of the decade and it wouldn't matter. You'd have a significant block of the fanbase shitting on the game simply because Miyazaki and Fromsoftware weren't involved. The fan community surrounding this series is among the most toxic in the industry.

Head.spawn

Ninja Theory.

I can see it now.

Bl⛤⛤dbornE 2

Main character looks like this kid, but photoshopped to be pale. He has a girlfriend side-kick (on the left) who shows up sometimes to take selfies with him... the whole plotline has been changed to be about the explotation of creatives by corporate america. Boss is their Hot Topics Boss.

There will be a gaf following who swear its better.

A Bloodborne without Miyazaki and From is not a game I want.
Indeed. If it isn't From I don't want it.

Team Ninja did great with Nioh in the gameplay department and I'm sure could make a fun game but I doubt they could tell a lore based story like From does.

Top Bottom