• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider (Capcom/Double Helix, PC/PS4/XB1/PS360, 2014) [Open World, Orig Devs, Video]

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Why? Why wouldn't there be a Wii U version?

Why would there be with sales what they are? Any 3rd party game announced right now is acting on faith in Nintendo.

sleepykyo

So does this qualify for the usual Capcom secret announcement "disappoint"?

I'm cautiously optimistic, since I forsee getting a Wii U sooner or later.

Prior to seeing KI footage, I'd type yes. But the footage has been decent and DH seems to acknowledge their past work has been awful. It is one of Capcom's better announcements of late.

FINALBOSS

Banned
All licensed games with next to no budget and development time blow.

DH hate is kinda ridiculous in here. I understand caution, but folks haven't even seen the damn thing in motion and are skipping town over a name I don't think much GAFers have even played the games from.

DH hate is ridiculous?

Have you played any of their games? It's all justified.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't see the problem.
If they didn't build their engine to work on Wii U, Capcom would have to give them enough money to port it over. If Capcom feels the game won't sell enough on Wii U to justify that, they might not spend the money.

vg260

I have no experience with Double Helix's games. But I'd like to see what they can do with proper budget and time. Was hoping for PS4 launch, but better they take their time.

PC vs. PS4 is the question. Next gen's gonna be such a tough call for every purchase.

TrueBlue

Maa4a.gif

Seems to sum up the thread quite well. :p

daffy

Banned
Megaman Legends 3 was made both possible and impossible by fan demand :lol

Just thought that was funny.. crying

iavi

Double Helix on the come up. KI has been massively impressive in its showings, and this has the potential. Day one on Steam.

NotLiquid

Why would there be with sales what they are? Any 3rd party game announced right now is acting on faith in Nintendo.

Wii U Downloadable Titles have usually been rather good for the kind of platform they're on. Depending on how well DuckTales Remastered does it might be a really missed opportunity.

Skab

Where did they say the second line? Not at the panel.

Interview after evo somewhere. We also know that they are related to Street Fighter in some way.

Have you?

Have you considered the circumstances most of those games are made under?

Hate is ridiculous, caution is not.

Also this.

KI looks great, has had quite a lot of praise coming from people who have actually played it/were at Evo. I'm willing to give DH a chance.

Sponge

Banned
Boo to the people dissing Double Helix at the Xbox One conference.

Not only are they taking good care of KI, they're doing Strider some justice as well.

Mr. X

Hey guys, have faith. Maybe this'll be Ninja Theory err Double Helix's big break to finally make a good game! Just look at Rocksteady and Batman AA.

Kappa

Coxy

All licensed games with next to no budget and development time blow.

DH hate is kinda ridiculous in here. I understand caution, but folks haven't even seen the damn thing in motion and are skipping town over a name I don't think much GAFers have even played the games from.

I've played Front Mission Evolved, have you? I'm betting no.

Double Helix is worrisome, but hopefully they're just the grunts putting the pieces together while proper Capcom boys are designing it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I have heard the "our top japanese men are deeply involved with this entirely western production!!" spiel from Capcom a little too many times. Hell, its even my tag.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey guys, have faith. Maybe this'll be Ninja Theory err Double Helix's big break to finally make a good game! Just look at Rocksteady and Batman AA.

Kappa

I understand not wanting to dismiss something immediately upon it being announced, but really: how often does that happen? A shitty developer actually making something good for a change.

Novocaine

Never played any of the other games Double Helix made, so I'm impartial to that. Shit or awesome, I'll play this anyway, because metroidvania.

Top Bottom