• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 144: Lightweight Title - Edgar vs. Bendo - 2.25 - Dancing On The Corpse's Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AiTM

Banned
Frankie threw Henderson around. Strength didn't seem to be the problem. Henderson is just a more dynamic and athletic fighter. And Frankie got careless when Henderson got him with the up kick. Henderson was on his ass kicking up because Frankie put him there.

He threw him around round 1 and 2, in 3-5, after hendersons weight started to take a toll on frankie, he couldn't do it anymore. Dealing with a bigger guy for 5 rounds wore him out, which wouldnt have happened with a guy his size. And alot of the fight you could see the size and the power just wear Frankie out. It was like he was fighting a welterweight.

The word damage is not in the judging criteria at all.

Isnt that the entire point of a fight? Who can inflict the most damage to the other person? In the real world.

Heel

Matt Hume deserves props for turning chicken shit into chicken salad time and time again. Hall of famer for sure.

I want to note I was laughed at for referring to Tim Boetsch as a "future top tenner".

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Matt Hume deserves props for turning chicken shit into chicken salad time and time again. Hall of famer for sure.

I want to note I was laughed at for referring to Tim Boetsch as a "future top tenner".

It was still pretty lulzworthy for the first 2 rounds. :(

ShaneB

iSbzLJJYkrfCs.jpg

Tied for 3rd. Not bad.

Heel

It was still pretty lulzworthy for the first 2 rounds. :(

Haha well I still picked against him, but Boetsch is an ox and knew Okami wasn't going to wrestlefuck him. He had a puncher's chance from there. Didn't account for Okami's handspeed, though. He was schooling him.

Through master Hume all things are possible.

I doubt he'll be the favorite but it's possible. I don't see Okami's style being very effective against Boetsch. He's a monster at middleweight.

well MMAGaf that was a fuckawesome card last night, it lived up to the hype.

get ready for next week where we have mms events on friday AND saturday. we'll get to see some great flyweights in action as well as an entertaining scrap between alves and kampmann on friday, and then on saturday we get to see if strikeforce can put on a good card with its new showtime deal, because the last one sucked balls.

frankie's baby leg kicks = conduit's baby leg kicks

heh... that also kinda ran through my mind.

But more-so during the fight I was comparing Bendo leg kicks to Frankie leg kicks. A tree trunk slamming the body of Edgar, compared to a tree twig whiplashing Bendo.

I love Frankie but ... ya.

Wow, what a card

How did Bader not break his arm on that slam?
Not sure who had the better music - Sexyama, Rampage or Bader?
Not happy about Pettis destroying Lauzon
Boetsch, holy shit what a comeback and those uppercuts were nifty
Hunt needs to get excited
Hioki looks really good
Japanese translator and her pencil were funny

JimiNutz

Banned
He talked to Ariel backstage on the Fuel aftershow. He was really sad. Said he had hurt his knee in wrestling training, and couldn't do much training, but wanted to go out there and thought he could honestly win anyway...he was wrong, no excuses.

Poor Rampage :(
I was so excited when he slammed Bader and was hoping it would gain him some momentum but for most of the fight he looked old and tired. If he did indeed hurt his knee in training then I suppose that explains it, but im not convinced that we'll ever see him looking especially good in the UFC again.
Would like to see him fight Shogun next. That could be a fun fight.

Bossun

Damn I don't want to see rampage get old.

He was so awesome. And he's so funny.

Edit : he does seem very nostalgic of PRIDE and Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom