• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Matt Frost
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:11 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamBoy

Morphite is on PS4 and I think that's where I would rather play it, even with the price hike. Virtual controls just leave me wanting.

Game looks awesome, though.

Having it on the go is awesome
killercow
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:01 PM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamBoy

Morphite is on PS4 and I think that's where I would rather play it, even with the price hike. Virtual controls just leave me wanting.

Game looks awesome, though.

The game supports MFi controllers right?
Pachimari
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:04 PM)
Ohhh interesting, I just found out the original The Sims game has soft-launched as a F2P title in Brazil. Here's to creating a Brazilian account when I get home.
killercow
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:10 PM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Ohhh interesting, I just found out the original The Sims game has soft-launched as a F2P title in Brazil. Here's to creating a Brazilian account when I get home.

It's not "the original" game but rather a new F2P game built with mobile in mind.
hardcastlemccormick
Banned
(09-25-2017, 05:27 PM)
hardcastlemccormick's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

The game supports MFi controllers right?

Yes. And Apple TV.

I didnít like how it controlled with the controller though, the analog stick calibration seemed off. I went back to touch controls (which are great)
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(09-25-2017, 05:41 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Having it on the go is awesome

Waiting on the Switch version with this in mind.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(09-25-2017, 05:59 PM)
jon bones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Ohhh interesting, I just found out the original The Sims game has soft-launched as a F2P title in Brazil. Here's to creating a Brazilian account when I get home.

let me know how it is, it is apparently the most pc faithful mobile sims game
awp69
Member
(09-25-2017, 06:29 PM)
awp69's Avatar
Fighting Fantasy Legends is on sale for $1.99 (from $4.99).

Fighting Fantasy Legends by Nomad Games
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/figh...134485161?mt=8


Decided to finally check it out.
Pachimari
Member
(09-25-2017, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by killercow

It's not "the original" game but rather a new F2P game built with mobile in mind.

Yeah, I found out. There's many currencies of what I can quickly see.
Ibuki
Banned
(09-25-2017, 11:16 PM)
Dropping in here since I just got an iPad Pro.

Looking at getting Hidden Folks, but I also have my eye on Darkest Dungeon. I've played the game before on PC, but it seems really good for my commute.
awp69
Member
(09-26-2017, 01:40 AM)
awp69's Avatar
If you want a cool way to test AR without spending anything, download YuME: Aliceís Dream. Havenít played around with it too much as far as gameplay, but whatís neat about it is that in addition to the islands and stuff you see on the surface, if you pan up to the ceiling with your phone you also see the sky (well, a fantasy version of the night sky).

And it appears to be completely free. No IAPs, no ads.

YuME: Alice's Dream by NetEase Games
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yume...279220869?mt=8

On a side note, if youíre looking for an easy way to link iOS apps, tap the little three dots next to it and one of the options you get is to copy the link. Much easier the previous App Store.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(09-26-2017, 01:53 AM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

If you want a cool way to test AR without spending anything,

IKEA Place is another, utilitarian, but very neat use of AR. I think it's only on the US store though.
PittaGAF
Member
(09-26-2017, 08:34 AM)
PittaGAF's Avatar
People who like card games like Solitarica, deck builders, Card Crawl etc....may or may not want to be excited about the upcoming Meteorfall.
I could play a beta version and itís pretty amazing.
Saucycarpdog
Member
(09-26-2017, 08:40 AM)
Saucycarpdog's Avatar

Originally Posted by PittaGAF

People who like card games like Solitarica, deck builders, Card Crawl etc....may or may not want to be excited about the upcoming Meteorfall.
I could play a beta version and itís pretty amazing.

Yep, I also happened to get into the beta and I'm loving it!!!
Oynox
Member
(09-26-2017, 12:53 PM)
Oynox's Avatar

Originally Posted by PittaGAF

People who like card games like Solitarica, deck builders, Card Crawl etc....may or may not want to be excited about the upcoming Meteorfall.
I could play a beta version and itís pretty amazing.

I am in as well, I love the art design and the simple gameplay with enough depth to sink some straight hour into while maintaining this quick Card Crawl attitude.
PittaGAF
Member
(09-26-2017, 03:02 PM)
PittaGAF's Avatar
Meanwhile, The Witness continue to amaze me big time.

Iím at 204 + 4 and itís getting better and better.

The sense of wonder and mystery is one of the best I ever experienced.
I still canít believe it runs SO AMAZINGLY WELL on a 6S.


I feel like my IQ is raising 50 at each beam.

Also.....that fucking bamboo maze with those sounds and bird chirps is driving me crazy

So good.
okno
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:51 PM)
okno's Avatar
Downloaded The Witness last night and I'm absolutely loving it, but, and I feel like I'm missing something obvious, I can't find the options menu. I was hoping to change the controls, although it's not a deal breaker. It's a fantastic game.
killercow
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:51 PM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by okno

Downloaded The Witness last night and I'm absolutely loving it, but, and I feel like I'm missing something obvious, I can't find the options menu. I was hoping to change the controls, although it's not a deal breaker. It's a fantastic game.

Tap the notch on the top left corner. You can't change much about them though.
okno
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:28 PM)
okno's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

Tap the notch on the top left corner. You can't change much about them though.

Thanks! Somehow did not notice that despite playing for three hours straight. Inverting the look and bumping the sensitivity has made a huuuuuuge impact for me.
HotHamBoy
Member
(09-26-2017, 07:44 PM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar
Zen's Universal Classics 3 pack released today and is available to purchase on iOS/Android in addition to the PBFX3 platforms. The three tables are E.T., Back to the Future & Jaws. I bought all 3 on iPad ($1.99 each) and at first blush BTTF is definitely an underwhelming game with bland presentation and table design and really annoying callouts. The other two seem to have more potential (they certainly look nicer) but be aware: Zen DID NOT LICENSE THE ORIGINAL MUSIC FROM THESE FILMS so if not having the iconic themes playing is a deal breaker you might want to consider that.
awp69
Member
(09-26-2017, 09:24 PM)
awp69's Avatar
No 64-bit updates for Cave games but some ex-employees of the dev just released a new game on iOS. $7.99

AKA TO BLUE by Tanoshimasu Co., Ltd.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aka-...255167241?mt=8
kendrid
Member
(09-26-2017, 10:17 PM)
kendrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by jon bones

let me know how it is, it is apparently the most pc faithful mobile sims game

A month ago I played the recent built on my Android phone. It is very close to Sims 3. It is also very laggy and choppy with missing animations. I'd love to play it on my iPad.
8sanders
Murderer's Gut Feelingô
(09-27-2017, 03:04 AM)
8sanders's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

No 64-bit updates for Cave games but some ex-employees of the dev just released a new game on iOS. $7.99

AKA TO BLUE by Tanoshimasu Co., Ltd.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aka-...255167241?mt=8

Bought. It is legit. If you are a bullet hell shmup fan I highly recommend it!
bender
Member
(09-27-2017, 05:05 AM)
bender's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

No 64-bit updates for Cave games but some ex-employees of the dev just released a new game on iOS. $7.99

AKA TO BLUE by Tanoshimasu Co., Ltd.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aka-...255167241?mt=8

No 64-bit updates breaks me heart.

I'll have to check out AKA TO BLUE.
INTERNET
SERIOUS BUSINESS
(09-27-2017, 05:19 AM)
INTERNET's Avatar
Anyone know whatever happened to Sokobond on iOS?
awp69
Member
(09-27-2017, 07:58 AM)
awp69's Avatar
Since thereís some PS4 folks in this thread, thought Iíd go off topic to recommend Hob.

Gorgeous puzzle/platformer/adventure game with light RPG elements from the Torchlight devs. Has a Zelda-esque vibe and is just wonderful to explore.

Has some frame rate issues at times but itís easily one of my favorite games of the year.
More_Badass
Member
(09-27-2017, 08:01 AM)
More_Badass's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

Since thereís some PS4 folks in this thread, thought Iíd go off topic to recommend Hob.

Gorgeous puzzle/platformer/adventure game with light RPG elements from the Torchlight devs. Has a Zelda-esque vibe and is just wonderful to explore.

Has some frame rate issues at times but itís easily one of my favorite games of the year.

Yes, it is. It's really awesome so far, lovely atmosphere and a solid hybrid of genres

And after you've had enough calm enchanting adventuring, you can go play Ruiner and blast fools to pieces.
awp69
Member
(09-27-2017, 08:02 AM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Yes, it is. It's really awesome so far, lovely atmosphere and a solid hybrid of genres

And after you've had enough calm enchanting adventuring, you can go play Ruiner and blast fools to pieces.

Yep, picked up that too and really like it. But got sucked into Hob for hours tonight and am way past my bedtime. :)
killercow
Member
(09-27-2017, 09:18 AM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by INTERNET

Anyone know whatever happened to Sokobond on iOS?

Still getting ported but it might take a little while longer:
http://blog.draknek.org/post/1656197...obond-from-as3
SteveWD40
Member
(09-27-2017, 01:04 PM)
SteveWD40's Avatar
So, does anyone have a solid method of backing up iOS save games?

I have a Pro 10.5 and iPhone 7, I am reluctant to play any heavy games that lack icloud save states due to the loss of progress when you change devices.

I don't have a mac / PC for itunes backups.

I was optimistic I could use the new Files app to locate them saves and back them up to GDrive, but that is not possible.

If I bought a wireless HDD backup drive, could I do a full backup that way? or does it need iTunes for that?
colinp
Banned
(09-27-2017, 02:13 PM)
colinp's Avatar
Once Upon a Tower is really fun. Itís a really cool twist on Mr Digger/Dig Dug.

Great for quick bursts and F2P with purchaseable characters. I think you can unlock all the characters just by playing as well.
colinp
Banned
(09-27-2017, 03:07 PM)
colinp's Avatar
Is the Today feed from the AppStore missing for anyone else? All of the sudden itís disappeared.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(09-27-2017, 03:30 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by SteveWD40

So, does anyone have a solid method of backing up iOS save games?

I have a Pro 10.5 and iPhone 7, I am reluctant to play any heavy games that lack icloud save states due to the loss of progress when you change devices.

I don't have a mac / PC for itunes backups.

I was optimistic I could use the new Files app to locate them saves and back them up to GDrive, but that is not possible.

If I bought a wireless HDD backup drive, could I do a full backup that way? or does it need iTunes for that?

App offloading is a feature in iOS 11 meant for this purpose. Enable it for select apps via settings, it saves the documents and data part of apps but deletes the rest to save space.

It's under General > iPhone Storage >. Can either be enabled wholesale for all apps right there with a toggle or within individual apps' storage entry in the list below it.

Example:
colinp
Banned
(09-27-2017, 03:40 PM)
colinp's Avatar
False alarm! The News feed disappeared from the App Store because there was an update to iOS: 11.0.1. After installing the update itís back.
hardcastlemccormick
Banned
(09-27-2017, 05:18 PM)
hardcastlemccormick's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

App offloading is a feature in iOS 11 meant for this purpose. Enable it for select apps via settings, it saves the documents and data part of apps but deletes the rest to save space.

It's under General > iPhone Storage >. Can either be enabled wholesale for all apps right there with a toggle or within individual apps' storage entry in the list below it.

I donít think thatís what theyíre asking. They want a way to backup their save files off of the iOS device, even between devices or OS reinstalls.

The sad answer is I donít think a solution exists at the moment.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(09-27-2017, 05:21 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by hardcastlemccormick

I don’t think that’s what they’re asking. They want a way to backup their save files off of the iOS device, even between devices or OS reinstalls.

The sad answer is I don’t think a solution exists at the moment.

Yeah, I just meant that offloading is Apple's solution to that question. An "offloaded" apps' documents etc. will persist between installs of the OS as long as the same iCloud backup is used.
hardcastlemccormick
Banned
(09-27-2017, 07:27 PM)
hardcastlemccormick's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

Yeah, I just meant that offloading is Apple's solution to that question. An "offloaded" apps' documents etc. will persist between installs of the OS as long as the same iCloud backup is used.

I donít accept this as a solution to wanting access and backup options for save files. Using iCloud backup and telling iOS to wide local data for apps is a (hacky) workaround to migrate your saves to a new device, but itís no file access.

EDIT: Do you really need to tell iOS to delete the gameís local files to force it to back up corresponding save files on iCloud backups? I kind of figured it would have been doing that anyway, even before they added that feature. If not, thatís even worse.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(09-27-2017, 07:56 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by hardcastlemccormick

I donít accept this as a solution to wanting access and backup options for save files. Using iCloud backup and telling iOS to wide local data for apps is a (hacky) workaround to migrate your saves to a new device, but itís no file access.

EDIT: Do you really need to tell iOS to delete the gameís local files to force it to back up corresponding save files on iCloud backups? I kind of figured it would have been doing that anyway, even before they added that feature. If not, thatís even worse.

You don't have to offload to have documents/data be backed up in your backups. But keeping the entire app takes up more space while you're using your device.

As for accepting Apple's solution, well that is it as far as saving space on stuff that doesn't implement icloud save syncing that you want to get rid off while still saving the document/data part. :/

Apple added encryption onto the file system parts that store the save data in iOS 9 for security reasons so accessing those via third party apps isn't possible anymore unless jailbroken.
SteveWD40
Member
(09-27-2017, 11:20 PM)
SteveWD40's Avatar

Originally Posted by hardcastlemccormick

I donít think thatís what theyíre asking. They want a way to backup their save files off of the iOS device, even between devices or OS reinstalls.

The sad answer is I donít think a solution exists at the moment.

Yeah, I was thinking in the case of device loss or damage, not losing the save files when I restore from backup would be nice.
protonium
Member
(09-28-2017, 12:01 AM)
protonium's Avatar
.
bonesquad
Member
(09-28-2017, 03:29 AM)
bonesquad's Avatar

Originally Posted by protonium

The ď10 great games for airplane modeĒ list makes me want an ďalways onlineĒ indicator of sorts on app pages, which will never happen.

Where is that list? A nice chunk of my iOS gaming is done in airplane mode, and I would also love such a heads up before buying a game. Sometimes that's not an issue, but when I want to grab a game before a flight that is nice to know.
protonium
Member
(09-28-2017, 04:09 AM)
protonium's Avatar
.
hardcastlemccormick
Banned
(09-28-2017, 04:59 AM)
hardcastlemccormick's Avatar

Originally Posted by protonium

It was the daily list on the app store's today page, today.

Thanks for typing the list up. At least for me, my Today Daily List was ĒRule at Road Trips.Ē Iím guessing itís somewhat regional.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(09-28-2017, 12:52 PM)
jon bones's Avatar
made a thread for a new iOS game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439915
ParityBit
Member
(09-28-2017, 12:53 PM)
ParityBit's Avatar
I can't decide if I should just bite the bullet and update my Air 2 to IOS 11....
killercow
Member
(09-28-2017, 01:04 PM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by ParityBit

I can't decide if I should just bite the bullet and update my Air 2 to IOS 11....

I've seen it running on an Air 2 and it's pretty good so far.
More_Badass
Member
(09-28-2017, 01:35 PM)
More_Badass's Avatar
Anyone here check out Stormbound? Itís essentially Hearthstone + Clash Royale + Chess, very solid and polished
awp69
Member
(09-28-2017, 02:13 PM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Anyone here check out Stormbound? Itís essentially Hearthstone + Clash Royale + Chess, very solid and polished

Yeah, but how is the F2P aspect?
colinp
Banned
(09-28-2017, 02:16 PM)
colinp's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

Yeah, but how is the F2P aspect?

Yeah, I thought it felt very much like a Clash of Clans pay to win thing.

Red Tides looks gorgeous but personally I found it pretty dull.
ParityBit
Member
(09-28-2017, 02:18 PM)
ParityBit's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

I've seen it running on an Air 2 and it's pretty good so far.

I think I may just do it. Will it remove the stuff I have that are not compatible? or do I need to do it manually?

Thread Tools