• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Jiraiza
Member
(09-24-2017, 11:11 PM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sinh_Magnus


Plenty of people have theorized that or similar.
The cannons did fire but Kea changed the worldline. I'm on the side that is only a coincidence though, I don't see them repeating the same twist And I agree, it was the best twist of the duology (and probably the saga) for me

I think it makes perfect sense when you think about it. The entire twist is basically contingent on the player knowing what happened in Crossbell. The Cold Steel series was meant to rope in new players into the universe, so it's not a big deal if they don't realize the significance of Millium and Crow being omitted in the prologue. But if you went into it as a veteran, it's just so egregious of a similarity with the opening of Zero that it has to be deliberate. And if you further take into account KeA's ability to change cause and effect, it certainly is within the realms of possibility that Rean and company meeting Crow and Millium was a side effect of KeA wanting the SSS to get involved with Estelle, Joshua, and Renne.

Man, such a great twist. I love it. But what hit me the hardest is the realization that there's a timeline where the SSS are actually dead. I doubt the games will ever bother with timeline fuckery, but it's just sad thinking about it. And the hardest hitting part was the final illustration with Randy on his knees. I imagine the implication is that he was the last one to go since he was the strongest in the group, but he basically had to see Lloyd, Tio, and Elie die and he couldn't do anything about it. That final pose spoke so much volume. Rough stuff, man.
encephalon
Member
(09-24-2017, 11:19 PM)
encephalon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

Nice. The twist in Ao still has me shook. If I had to compare it to something, it's on the same level I felt when I finished Automata earlier in the year.

Ao/CS1 spoilers:
Am I correct in thinking that the opening scenes of CS1 at Garellia Fortress is directly related, as far as how the scenario is concerned, to what KeA did at the beginning of Zero?

Sen iii is apparently opening the same way.
Sinh_Magnus
Member
(09-24-2017, 11:41 PM)
Sinh_Magnus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza



Man, such a great twist. I love it. But what hit me the hardest is the realization that there's a timeline where the SSS are actually dead. I doubt the games will ever bother with timeline fuckery, but it's just sad thinking about it. And the hardest hitting part was the final illustration with Randy on his knees. I imagine the implication is that he was the last one to go since he was the strongest in the group, but he basically had to see Lloyd, Tio, and Elie die and he couldn't do anything about it. That final pose spoke so much volume. Rough stuff, man.

Yes, it also hit me really hard. Ellie and Tio seemingly died close to each other, Lloyd probably didn't have time to react, and Randy survived but probably fell to despair. But even if the consequences of the twist itself were hard to accept, I really liked how the SSS admit that even if they don't want to die that way, Kea shouldn't be changing the world like that.

And then there's Renne's arc and Joshua and Estelle presence. At the final dungeon of Zero I thought they didn't appear at the beginning for weak reasons like not wanting to spoil the surprise. I honestly don't like when a story begins with sneak peek of the future, it happened with FFXV last year which I thought it was a great mistake. But with Zero/Ao? You have one of the best gaming twist there, and perfectly written along with an open character's arc for the series.

As for Cold Steel. I still in going to hold for now that in that game it was really a sneak peek and nothing else. Honestly it would be much better if that isn't the case, but I'm open for surprises.


Edit: Did you got to see Demiurge's special "game over" move?


Originally Posted by encephalon

Sen iii is apparently opening the same way.

O wow.
Last edited by Sinh_Magnus; 09-24-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Taruranto
<3 BioWare <3
(09-24-2017, 11:59 PM)
Taruranto's Avatar

Originally Posted by c1d

Ao translation now at 60%

Wait, what? I completely missed this, somehow.

This pretty much means all mainline Kiseki games will be translated in a couple of years. I remember when we weren't sure we were going to get SC.
Nyoro SF
Member
(09-25-2017, 12:13 AM)
Nyoro SF's Avatar

Originally Posted by encephalon

Sen iii is apparently opening the same way.

Lloyd_mouth_agape.jpg
H.Protagonist
[-_-]/
(09-25-2017, 12:16 AM)
H.Protagonist's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosblade

XSEED makes a twitter post with the word "evolution" in it and some people start getting hyped thinking it's a Sky/Zero/Ao Evolution tease. Shaking my head.

Nope. It's not a game tease. \[-_-]/
Palette Swap
Member
(09-25-2017, 12:26 AM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
I like how every other day they have to tweet “not a game tease” and some people manage to answer with “so you’re saying there’s a chance?”

That twitter account is dead to me though, pitting cats against Anton in the same poll was pure evil.
Thud
Member
(09-25-2017, 12:29 AM)
Thud's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

I like how every other day they have to tweet “not a game tease” and some people manage to answer with “so you’re saying there’s a chance?”

That twitter account is dead to me though, pitting cats against Anton in the same poll was pure evil.

Poor anton can't catch a break.
Jiraiza
Member
(09-25-2017, 12:32 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sinh_Magnus

snip

Man, can't believe this was the Ao trailer back then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJz7K0ZtSUI

Outrageous. And hype.

Edit: Hopefuly no one saw that fuck up. smh
Last edited by Jiraiza; 09-25-2017 at 12:34 AM.
H.Protagonist
[-_-]/
(09-25-2017, 12:39 AM)
H.Protagonist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

I like how every other day they have to tweet “not a game tease” and some people manage to answer with “so you’re saying there’s a chance?”

That twitter account is dead to me though, pitting cats against Anton in the same poll was pure evil.

Isn't that so appropriate for Anton, though? :3
chaosblade
Member
(09-25-2017, 01:43 AM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by H.Protagonist

Nope. It's not a game tease. \[-_-]/

I didn't think it was, but it seems like you can't post anything without someone thinking you're teasing something.

"That post about Senran Kagura contained the letters 'a' and 'o', XSEED is teasing Ao!"
H.Protagonist
[-_-]/
(09-25-2017, 01:58 AM)
H.Protagonist's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosblade

I didn't think it was, but it seems like you can't post anything without someone thinking you're teasing something.

"That post about Senran Kagura contained the letters 'a' and 'o', XSEED is teasing Ao!"

Yeah, I'm getting used to that. All I can do is try and keep things up front (even if I'm not believed). Won't stop me from using funny cat brochures!
Kvik
Member
(09-25-2017, 02:23 AM)
Kvik's Avatar

Originally Posted by H.Protagonist

Nope. It's not a game tease. \[-_-]/

IT'S NOT??!?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

XSeed daisuki
sbs2601
Junior Member
(09-25-2017, 03:21 AM)
sbs2601's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza


Man, such a great twist. I love it. But what hit me the hardest is the realization that there's a timeline where the SSS are actually dead. I doubt the games will ever bother with timeline fuckery, but it's just sad thinking about.

(Zero/Ao)That timeline has already been terminated by KeA; that universe doesn't exist anymore
Jiraiza
Member
(09-25-2017, 03:59 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by sbs2601

(Zero/Ao)That timeline has already been terminated by KeA; that universe doesn't exist anymore

I guess it depends on whether timelines work on the same concept as say, Steins;Gate. I don't think they really explored the concept all that extensively in Ao, so the possibility is still there, maybe?

Whole different can of worms if they choose to even think about exploring that idea, though.
encephalon
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:24 AM)
encephalon's Avatar
To clarify my post, per famitsu:

"You start the game in a seaside fortress, two months into the storyline - in June. As the students of the Thors Branch School make their way down the road, 'The Society's' orbal weaponry* and further fearsome enemies appear before the party. The scene ends and returns to April, leaving the player to wonder what was about to happen next."

When it comes to Zero, there were story reasons that were also attributed to this. But for all three games, it's more or less a means of telling the player "things are going to seriously ramp up!" and getting the player interested in what leads up to that event from the beginning.

Edited. *Orbal Robots? Robotic Weapons? War Machines? "Archaisms?"
Last edited by encephalon; 09-25-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Sinh_Magnus
Member
(09-25-2017, 08:20 AM)
Sinh_Magnus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

I guess it depends on whether timelines work on the same concept as say, Steins;Gate. I don't think they really explored the concept all that extensively in Ao, so the possibility is still there, maybe?

Whole different can of worms if they choose to even think about exploring that idea, though.

Yes I'm also thinking of that series when it comes to Ao.I guess it's because in both the twists and what they leave behind is usually sad and tragic.

Also, saw your post above about that trailer. I don't know if you have seen it, but the crazy trailer is this one. Spoilers for Ao everywhere.

Originally Posted by encephalon

To clarify my post, per famitsu:

"You start the game in a seaside fortress, six months into the storyline."

When it comes to Zero, there were story reasons that were also attributed to this. But for all three games, it's more or less a means of telling the player "things are going to seriously ramp up!" and getting the player interested in what leads up to that event from the beginning.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Well it's only a few days out of reach and then when we can begin to know what exactly is going on :p
Gu4n
Member
(09-25-2017, 08:37 AM)
Gu4n's Avatar

Originally Posted by encephalon

To clarify my post, per famitsu:

"You start the game in a seaside fortress, six months into the storyline."

When it comes to Zero, there were story reasons that were also attributed to this. But for all three games, it's more or less a means of telling the player "things are going to seriously ramp up!" and getting the player interested in what leads up to that event from the beginning.

Not six months, the sixth month: june. So-- (Sen III guess/spoilers, I guess)
- April: Field study to Parm
- May: Field study to Crossbell (?)
- June: Field study to Ordis/Juno
encephalon
Member
(09-25-2017, 09:06 AM)
encephalon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gu4n

Not six months, the sixth month: june. So-- (Sen III guess/spoilers, I guess)
- April: Field study to Parm
- May: Field study to Crossbell (?)
- June: Field study to Ordis/Juno

Good god, I'm sick and my mind must be somewhere else.
Novel Mike
Member
(09-25-2017, 02:11 PM)
Novel Mike's Avatar
Just saw the demo being played again, theres a dedicated tab for the costumes now, wonder how many will end up being in game/unlockable and how many we'll see as DLC, if I remember correctly there were quite a few costumes we didn't get in the US.
Sitrus
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:26 PM)
Sitrus's Avatar
The file size is up for Sen 3.

38.759 GB.

That was a lot larger than I thought.
PK Gaming
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:28 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar
Any plans for a Sen III import OT?
Nyoro SF
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:29 PM)
Nyoro SF's Avatar
My copy of the game won't be arriving until about 3-4 days after launch. Hope all you digital guys spoil tag everything properly as you 24/7 the game!

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

Any plans for a Sen III import OT?

Not a bad idea. Would literally be black bars the thread or maybe it could be open spoilers.
Thud
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:43 PM)
Thud's Avatar
Ys VIII has been good in taking my mind of this game. When the full animated opening is on youtube, I'll probably watch that for a year or two.

Falcom openings, so good.
MSMrRound
Member
(09-25-2017, 06:15 PM)
MSMrRound's Avatar
Anyone know if Falcom/Playstation said anything about a Chinese version of Sen III yet?

Given that Sen II Japanese/Chinese launched together on the same day last time, I'm kind of worried that I haven't really heard much news about it yet.
Fruity Insanity
Junior Member
(09-25-2017, 07:36 PM)
Fruity Insanity's Avatar

Originally Posted by MSMrRound

Anyone know if Falcom/Playstation said anything about a Chinese version of Sen III yet?

Given that Sen II Japanese/Chinese launched together on the same day last time, I'm kind of worried that I haven't really heard much news about it yet.

I haven’t seen anything about the KR version (which also came out with Chinese/Japanese Sen II), so probably not.

Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to play it in Japanese.......
Rhapsody
Member
(09-26-2017, 12:38 AM)
Rhapsody's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

I think it makes perfect sense when you think about it. The entire twist is basically contingent on the player knowing what happened in Crossbell. The Cold Steel series was meant to rope in new players into the universe, so it's not a big deal if they don't realize the significance of Millium and Crow being omitted in the prologue. But if you went into it as a veteran, it's just so egregious of a similarity with the opening of Zero that it has to be deliberate. And if you further take into account KeA's ability to change cause and effect, it certainly is within the realms of possibility that Rean and company meeting Crow and Millium was a side effect of KeA wanting the SSS to get involved with Estelle, Joshua, and Renne.

Man, such a great twist. I love it. But what hit me the hardest is the realization that there's a timeline where the SSS are actually dead. I doubt the games will ever bother with timeline fuckery, but it's just sad thinking about it. And the hardest hitting part was the final illustration with Randy on his knees. I imagine the implication is that he was the last one to go since he was the strongest in the group, but he basically had to see Lloyd, Tio, and Elie die and he couldn't do anything about it. That final pose spoke so much volume. Rough stuff, man.

I don't think it's a coincidence either (this is Kiseki after all, coincidences are
a rarity). Even in Ao, KeA has doubts when she lays eyes on Orchis Tower from what I remember. After the events that take place there, I think that's what causes KeA to finally join in with the plan so she can better protect the SSS. I really do think she used her power again at that point of the story.

Although I can't say I remember if KeA is able to see those events before they happen or only after. It's been awhile for me.
Aters
Member
(09-26-2017, 03:46 AM)
Aters's Avatar
Not gonna lie, the trophy list makes CS4 all the more plausible.
preta
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:00 AM)
preta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aters

Not gonna lie, the trophy list makes CS4 all the more plausible.

It's not happening, this has been confirmed several times. CS3 is the last Erebonia game, Calvard next.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-26-2017, 04:01 AM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

It's not happening, this has been confirmed several times. CS3 is the last Erebonia game, Calvard next.

Confirmed by who?
preta
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:07 AM)
preta's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Confirmed by who?

Kondo.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-26-2017, 04:08 AM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

Kondo.

Did he literally say there would not be a CS4?
Scrooge McDuck
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:27 AM)
Scrooge McDuck's Avatar
Per Zero-Ao, they could always change the title and still make it a direct continuation. Like Trails of Gun Breaker or something.

You know, because the one wielding the cold steel is dead.
Nyoro SF
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:32 AM)
Nyoro SF's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aters

Not gonna lie, the trophy list makes CS4 all the more plausible.

SEN THE 4TH HYPE
Jiraiza
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:46 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

FASTER!
Novel Mike
Member
(09-26-2017, 04:51 AM)
Novel Mike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

FASTER!

I'm just glad it unlocks like 11AM my time so I'll have pretty much the whole day to dive right in on Wednesday.
godisntheradio
Junior Member
(09-26-2017, 04:56 AM)
godisntheradio's Avatar
i started learning japanese at the beginning of the year purely because of kiseki, even knowing that will take at least +3~4 till i reach acceptable levels (i imagine kiseki aren't the easiest games to read)

at least maybe i'll be ready for next game

edit: it's gonna be hard to wait for the english release
SatelliteOfLove
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:09 AM)
SatelliteOfLove's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nyoro SF

SEN THE 4TH HYPE

:O
Jiraiza
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:14 AM)
Jiraiza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Novel Mike

I'm just glad it unlocks like 11AM my time so I'll have pretty much the whole day to dive right in on Wednesday.

Well, shoot, didn't realize the game's unlocking Wednesday morning, and not Thursday morning. Better tell my boss to add a day to my vacation...
ThatChairMan
Member
(09-26-2017, 05:24 AM)
ThatChairMan's Avatar
Oh geez, now to hope and try to avoid spoilers for the months/years it'll be before translation.
encephalon
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:14 AM)
encephalon's Avatar
I'm bracing myself for the existence of Sen iv. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Palette Swap
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:22 AM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
Trophy list is up

Spoilers are mostly bonds (who’s available) and chapter names.

(Epilogue title spoiler)”For whom the bell tolls” could refer to so many things, but it sounds kind of sinister
Gu4n
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:34 AM)
Gu4n's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

It's not happening, this has been confirmed several times. CS3 is the last Erebonia game, Calvard next.

I'm going to ask for a source here.

Originally Posted by Gu4n

Is this actually confirmed? In the actual interview I read 'See for yourself [whether it really ends]. (laughs)'.

encephalon
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:36 AM)
encephalon's Avatar
It blows me away how much work they put into Crossbell in Sen II. I guess they originally intended to reuse them for a vita/PS3 Sen III?
preta
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:37 AM)
preta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gu4n

I'm going to ask for a source here.

It was definitely an interview, I don't remember which one exactly.
Gu4n
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:45 AM)
Gu4n's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

It was definitely an interview, I don't remember which one exactly.

Time to dig around then, buster! I remember him saying he was given the chance to split the game in two instalments, but not that he actually did not.
encephalon
Member
(09-26-2017, 06:53 AM)
encephalon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gu4n

Time to dig around then, buster! I remember him saying he was given the chance to split the game in two instalments, but not that he actually did not.

It does seem to imply it didn't happen ...

I have no intention of clicking the trophy list to give me a clearer idea of how the story will play out, but I suppose the lack of a Sen IV wouldn't necessarily mean a clear ending to Sen III this time around. Crossbell is right next to Calvard and a cliffhanger ending in Sen III could easily be followed up in a Calvard game with a perspective change.
preta
Member
(09-26-2017, 07:02 AM)
preta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gu4n

Time to dig around then, buster! I remember him saying he was given the chance to split the game in two instalments, but not that he actually did not.

I don't even know where I'd begin to look, I have trouble finding most Kondo interviews. I definitely remember that it was from some months back, at least.
Gu4n
Member
(09-26-2017, 07:24 AM)
Gu4n's Avatar

Originally Posted by preta

I don't even know where I'd begin to look, I have trouble finding most Kondo interviews. I definitely remember that it was from some months back, at least.

It would be weird to confirm Sen III as the final Erebonia game only be extremely vague about it around the release. 2ch has been discussing the possibility of a fourth Sen game up until this morning as well.
preta
Member
(09-26-2017, 07:32 AM)
preta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gu4n

It would be weird to confirm Sen III as the final Erebonia game only be extremely vague about it around the release. 2ch has been discussing the possibility of a fourth Sen game up until this morning as well.

Well, that's why I had been taking his comments that he had given permission to go ahead on Sen IV to implicitly mean that it ultimately didn't happen that way.

Thread Tools