• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Hearts (R) Coming to the West

duckroll

tbh though Tales of Hearts had that weird initial DS version too since it was like 'real life Tekken style models' vs. 'anime version'... so perhaps it was just intended to be the experimental Tales where they just changed a ton of shit around that they normally don't do, lol.

The two DS versions were identical games except for the movies. One had lame CG movies while the other had animated movies. That was the only difference.

Hexa

People asked, they listened.

BNBKzpzCcAIUQVZ.png:large

I'd assume Tales of Innocence R is next.

And then they start trying for Valkyria Chronicles and Type-0.

I don't see Kingdom on there, but do you think it could be a screw up with a good amount of people asking for Kingdom Hearts so Hearts going up in the word cloud? Never thought of that before.

Seda

Tales of Hearts R was listed on Namco's Tales forum description until it was removed as a 'mistake'.

More fuel to the fire I guess. But as this thread has already indicated, seems like impressions on this one are mixed.

RalchAC

Isn't Vesperia like six years old?

Who hasn't played Vesperia in the year of our lord, 2014?

Considering it only released on the X360? A lot of people. Let's not act as if everybody in this world thinks buying 3 consoles makes sense. It doesn't for most people.

And if you add that it wasn't in localized in French, German, English, Italian and Spanish like Xillia you can add even more people.

Everybody that likes JRPGs should play it though.

If this is part of #jrpgvita I will be happy, but if it's only what #jrpgvita is then meh.....

Most games are getting localized. Even really niche stuff like Demon Gaze, Hatsune Miku or Akiba's Trip. The only stuff that we're not getting that I can think of are those Tales games, Phantasy Star Online (T.T), God Eater 2 and most visual novels.

Oh, and Soul Sacrifice Delta :(

kewlmyc

Why so much hate? Weren't people pissed for them saying in an interview that the Vita games weren't coming over? Now one might be coming over and people are saying it's shit and they don't want it.

Squire

Banned
Why so much hate? Weren't people pissed for them saying in an interview that the Vita games weren't coming over? Now one might be coming over and people are saying it's shit and they don't want it.

There are more than Tales fans posting ITT, breh.

Edit: beaten by the bird

zeopower6

The people who were pissed are probably happy, but there were probably also people who were like "ew good riddance" because the Vita versions were just so different from the originals in a bad way. :/

t26

Tales of Hearts R was listed on Namco's Tales forum description until it was removed as a 'mistake'.

More fuel to the fire I guess. But as this thread has already indicated, seems like impressions on this one are mixed.

Well most of the complains are from people who played the DS version and didn't like the changes. I think for most people who are going to play the game for the first time, they will have a different perspective.

zeopower6

No Type-0 :(

If this is the #JRPGVita, i don't even....... =/

#JRPGVita is not just one game though, it was a campaign and Hearts was the most requested title... sooooo... if this happens, chances of getting Innocence/Valkyria 3/Type-0 go up slightly. That's the way I see it anyway.

#JRPGVita is not just one game though, it was a campaign and Hearts was the most requested title... sooooo... if this happens, chances of getting Innocence/Valkyria 3/Type-0 go up slightly. That's the way I see it anyway.
Well, i do know that there were requests for multiple games, but they are obviously not releasing this year.(atleast not at retail, if we go by the list)

I don't really mind this one, but i had my eyes set on Type-0 this year. I have no idea why this title is considered worst though.

zeopower6

What 3DS version?

"3DS" tends to get thrown around whenever DS is mentioned lately, lol. I guess it's like forgetting to write the correct year after New Year's for a while but in reverse. It happens a lot with Ni no Kuni too.

Well, i do know that there were requests for multiple games, but they are obviously not releasing this year.(atleast not at retail, if we go by the list)

I don't really mind this one, but i had my eyes set on Type-0 this year. I have no idea why this title is considered worst though.

Type-0 probably won't happen until Japan makes a Vita version of it. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet tbh.

Dio

Banned
Tales of Hearts R has one of the better 3D combat systems in the series, and is a better game than Symphonia and Abyss. I'd like to play it.

If we're thinking about the same interview, people were pissed that Baba praised Hearts (DS ver.) but in the same breath said that a localization wasn't going to happen.

I've played the DS version of Hearts a few years ago, fun game. I'm not really hyped about the R version since some of the changes seem really lame (replacing field encounters with random battles, wtf), and the animations for the 3D models look too jerky. I was hoping if Hearts ever got a facelift a bit more effort would be put into it, imo.

Squire

Banned

I think a more likely scenario is Hearts releasing, bombing (bombing by Vita standards, so bombing hard) and #JRPGVita becoming no more than a forgotten hashtag.

Gxgear

Don't think I can afford to continue double dip on every Tales game if they keep doing this if true. Really wish they'd announce things in advance.

How in the Lord's name did this game become the #1 requested game?

Did people just see "Tales" and "Vita" and voted for it?

Damn im salty..

duckroll

Whoops, I meant DS.

Tales of Hearts is pretty much the last major 2D Tales game released, and I don't think anyone would be complaining if they remade it on Vita as a 2D Tales game like they did for Tales of Destiny R on PS2. Unfortunately they decided to outsource it instead and remade it as a full 3D game with pretty ugly models and changed the entire battle engine too. It's an incredibly disappointing decision especially for people who liked the original.

Boss Mog

I'f they wanted to release Tales game for the Vita they would've been better off releasing downloadable english versions of the PSP ports of Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one) and Tales of Rebirth.

Takao

Banned
How in the Lord's name did this game become the #1 requested game?

Did people just see "Tales" and "Vita" and voted for it?

Damn im salty..

Tales fans are a concentrated bunch, but I think the number 1 problem was that people took "#jrpgvita" to mean unlocalized Vita games, and not just JRPGs you want on Vita. SCEA's Third Party Production people were more clear in their intent, and it doesn't look like Tales made a huge splash.

Foffy

Banned
Hmm..if this comes, would it be better to wait for the DS version to be fan-translated? I've heard too much was changed for the Vita release, particularly for the worse.

Anura

Whoops, I meant DS.
The DS version had a fun and interesting 2D combat system, killer sprite work, was almost fully voiced, 50+ hours of content before we even include the secret dungeon or NG+ and several high quality cut scenes. It stands on its own with the other top-tier tales games and is perhaps the most high quality game in terms of production values on the DS.

It's good.

zeopower6

I think a more likely scenario is Hearts releasing, bombing (bombing by Vita standards, so bombing hard) and #JRPGVita becoming no more than a forgotten hashtag.

It'd probably do better than a few of the niche titles coming from Aksys/XSEED... and I don't think one title not doing well would affect the negotiations for others. Maybe Innocence since they're from the same series. I mean I'm sure they know that people will flock to Type-0 but they have to be waiting for some reason :/

I'll gladly take it. As playing long JRPGs in front of the TV is boring the hell out of me, playing it anywhere is already a plus for me.

Sandfox

Hmm..if this comes, would it be better to wait for the DS version to be fan-translated? I've heard too much was changed for the Vita release, particularly for the worse.

I refuse to believe that any of the current Tales of fan translations will ever be completed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Boss★Moogle;107938218 said:
Beggars can't be choosers, I'll take it.
Seriously. Inferior, superior, whatever. As long as we get it.

Shiina

If the alternative to this is Type-0 then I'd rather have this.

Tales fans are a concentrated bunch, but I think the number 1 problem was that people took "#jrpgvita" to mean unlocalized Vita games, and not just JRPGs you want on Vita. SCEA's Third Party Production people were more clear in their intent, and it doesn't look like Tales made a huge splash.

People asked Shahid what he actually meant but he never clarified.

Top Bottom