• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootcamp (PC/Halo universe) appears in Korean Rating Board [Up: Microsoft Confirms]

cluto

Spartan Kidz: Bootcamp

The first game in the epic Spartan Kidz trilogy. This is what we're all secretly hoping for, right?

Caayn

Am I the only one who is kinda scared with every new Halo information announced/leaked after Halo 4?

duckroll

I think the translation just screwed that up.. instead of saying "Halo 3 first-person" I bet it says "Halo third-person".

The description definitely says it's a third person action game set in the Halo universe. I don't even know any Korean, but you can break the words in the sentence down one by one and use a dictionary. The first word is Halo, the second word is worldview, the third word indicates the subject is based on what the previous two words say, the fourth word 3-person. Since the 3 does not come after Halo, but is part of the word saying third-person, I think it's pretty clear what it's saying!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Huh, didn't expect they would actually comment.

You should probably factor that into the nature, type and scale of thing it's going to be. I will say this though, and only this: it's cool and something I have always wanted to do.

You should probably factor that into the nature, type and scale of thing it's going to be. I will say this though, and only this: it's cool and something I have always wanted to do.
Contextualise that, what are some of the Halo things you've done that you didn't want to do :p

I know that's not what you're saying.

GrizzNKev

Banned

I'm appreciative that at least something Halo is coming to PC. At least it creates precedent for the other Halo games coming to Steam or getting re-releases or whatever.

Spartaner

Banned

The legend of Master Chief begins! The United Nations Space Command is engaged in a brutal battle against a growing tide of insurrection. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and under the threat of a prolonged war the UNSC initiates the SPARTAN-II Project, a military program seeking to create a squad of super-soldiers. And so a great adventure begins: Once, he was a 6-year-old boy named John. But his superior speed, intelligence and adaptability to the SPARTAN-II training allow him to rise above the rest, starting his journey to become the most legendary warrior the galaxy has ever known! Halo: Fall of Reach – Bootcamp begins the adaptation of Eric Nylund’s novel Halo: The Fall of Reach, based on the international videogame sensation Halo!

how this is skipping the xbox is beyond me ...

GrizzNKev

Banned
The legend of Master Chief begins! The United Nations Space Command is engaged in a brutal battle against a growing tide of insurrection. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and under the threat of a prolonged war the UNSC initiates the SPARTAN-II Project, a military program seeking to create a squad of super-soldiers. And so a great adventure begins: Once, he was a 6-year-old boy named John. But his superior speed, intelligence and adaptability to the SPARTAN-II training allow him to rise above the rest, starting his journey to become the most legendary warrior the galaxy has ever known! Halo: Fall of Reach – Bootcamp begins the adaptation of Eric Nylund’s novel Halo: The Fall of Reach, based on the international videogame sensation Halo!

how this is skipping the xbox is beyond me ...

Where did you get that?

Can't wait sir.

TDY5Jts.gif

Gui_PT

Can't believe you guys are making random Halo games instead of making a Palmer's Origins Halo game!!!

Can't wait to find out more about this

Cool stuff! I'm excited either way, it seems like it may something unique. If it weren't for the TPS/Action in the rating I would almost guess a Telltale style episodic game.

Any hints on when we can expect more info? Before e3, during or after?

I'm going to guess that you're stranded on a Halo (on a Halo somehow) and you play the role of a UNSC soldier. It's like an MMO where you can go to different parts of the Halo.

Vico

Cool stuff! I'm excited either way, it seems like it may something unique. If it weren't for the TPS/Action in the rating I would almost guess a Telltale style episodic game.

I'm actually expecting some kind of social hub set in a training camp, from which you can do basic coop missions.
Could be cool if we had to compete in laderboards, etc. to gain better ranks within the training camp.

Gui_PT

I'm going to guess that you're stranded on a Halo (on a Halo somehow) and you play the role of a UNSC soldier. It's like an MMO where you can go to different parts of the Halo.

I'd like to see that old Halo CE E3 gameplay trailer's wildlife actually happening

wwm0nkey

Still personally hoping for PSO: Halo Edition but either way I can't wait to hear more about it which I guess will be in the not too distant future.

Caayn

Still personally hoping for PSO: Halo Edition but either way I can't wait to hear more about it which I guess will be in the not too distant future.
That is a dream that will most likely never come true :( But one can dream right.

I think this could be a MOBA. It's third-person, a PC title and not related to the Reclaimer trilogy or Xbox One. The MOBA genre is one of the genres best suited for PC and wouldn't work well on a console due to the lack of KB/M, hence this being a PC title. Also, the simple story of why two sides are battling is in the title; it's bootcamp, they are training.

If this were a third-person shooter I suspect it would be an Xbox One title instead of a PC title. A new Halo title would draw in the fans to the next Xbox regardless of it being first or third-person. So why wouldn't they have this be an Xbox One title? It must be something that can't play well on a console, that something being a MOBA.

TheOddOne

All this says to me is that it's going to be very small scaled. Suprise me, Stink.

feel

I bet this throwaway side project delivers more than Halo 4.

I think this could be a MOBA. It's third-person, a PC title and not related to the Reclaimer trilogy or Xbox One. The MOBA genre is one of the genres best suited for PC and wouldn't work well on a console due to the lack of KB/M, hence this being a PC title. Also, the simple story of why two sides are battling is in the title; it's bootcamp, they are training.

If this were a third-person shooter I suspect it would be an Xbox One title instead of a PC title. A new Halo title would draw in the fans to the next Xbox regardless of it being first or third-person. So why wouldn't they have this be an Xbox One title? It must be something that can't play well on a console, that something being a MOBA.

You know, I can see something like this.

Caayn

Please no. Halo is suited as a PC title but it is not suited for the MOBA genre.

Top Bottom