• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls heads to Europe courtesy of Namco-Bandai

NekoFever

elohel said:
NAMCO?!

cooool, but weird

does atlus not do european stuff?

how are....publishers or w/e decided?

grats euro players, hope everyone who's been holding out gets to enjoy the game
There isn't a European branch of Atlus, and its games just come out when another publisher happens to pick them up. Persona 3 was brought out my Koei and Persona 4 by Square in Europe, for example.

Anyway, I imported the US version of this but I've just preordered the UK one. I missed out on the special edition, which I'd really like to have, and when it's the same price as any other release it's a no-brainer. Plus I want to support European releases for this kind of thing.

Peff

51nQIhP-RWL.jpg

51sWIiGEFjL.jpg

BEST OF 2009 GUYS!!!

Looks pretty cool, will probably double dip to play with some friends.

KZObsessed

white spine ffs...

Still, can't wait to finally play it.

I find it hilarious how SCEA said it was a mistake not publishing Demon's Souls yet SCEE goes and ignores it as well. Hopefully Atlus will still get to publish the sequel. Fuck Sony.

Lain

Isn't that basically the same as the NA packaging? I mean, artbook, ost etc?
If so, I don't think I'll double dip.

And press release (posting it separately to stop it becoming unreadable if I post it along with the image and it stretches out)

LYON, FRANCE – 16 April 2010 – NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S., one of the video game industry's leading distribution, marketing and sales companies, today announced an agreement with renowned Japanese publisher Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) for the distribution of the acclaimed action RPG title Demon’s Souls across the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions. Following its release in Japan and North America where it garnered high praise from media and a loyal audience of fans, the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) game will belaunched on June 25, 2010 as an exclusive European limited edition retail pack containing the soundtrack CD, a new artbook and brand new strategy guide.

“We’re very pleased to be working with SCEI to bring the fantastic Demon’s Souls to gamers outside of Japan and North America,” said Olivier Comte, VP Marketing, Sales & Publishing NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. “The game is exactly the kind of quality experience with which we are continuing to grow the NAMCO BANDAI Games portfolio of titles, and we will be working hard to ensure it’s at least as much of a success in our markets as it has already proven to be elsewhere.”

Beautiful, compelling, and unforgiving, Demon's Souls is one of the hardcore RPG experience PS3 owners have been waiting for since the platform's launch.

Revolutionary online features support your adventure like never before, presenting seamless interconnectivity that serves in every instance to enhance the single-player game. Team up with other players in simultaneous cooperative play, working together to topple some of the game's colossal bosses, or force your way into the games of skilled players and challenge them to PvP battle.

Leave hints and clues for those who will follow in your footsteps; either intentionally or through your own inadvertent demise, your bloodstains will allow your successors to view a replay of your death, hinting at how to avoid your gruesome fate. Unprecedented in its depth and subtlety, peerless in its relentlessly challenging gameplay, Demon's Souls is the ultimate action RPG.

UK website Eurogamer.net awarded the title a resounding 9 out of 10 - "absolutely compelling; dark, detailed, unforgiving, creatively cruel," and adding, "You can learn to love Demon's Souls like few other games in the world."

Gamespot awarded the game ‘Game of the Year 2009’ - “Brutally challenging and utterly engrossing, this innovative role-playing game is one of the year’s best.”

Featuring the game, a brand new hardback artbook filled with mesmerizing concept and game art images, a new strategy guide, plus the deeply atmospheric original soundtrack of the game on CD, the limited edition retail pack of Demon’s Souls is coming exclusively to EMEA and Asia Pacific on June 25, 2010, only for PS3. The European limited launch of Demon’s Soul’s can be pre ordered now from Play.com, Game.co.uk, HMV.co.uk and other leading retailers whilst stocks last.

roxya

They say it's available for preorder now, but it isn't on any of those sites.

And no, I'm not using shop to.

Requeim

Oh well, i don't regret importing the US deluxe version, but i'm getting this for sure

Black Phantom edition looks so awesome :D

i have never owned two copies of the same game, but now is the time i think

eXistor said:
Looks like I'm triple dipping.

Same here, first ever game i've felt compelled to tripple dip with - but hey, it's another excuse to play through Demon's Souls yet again and support From Software's best title yet.

Ikkarus said:
Now that you mention it the same goes for the "Only on Playstation" tab too.
We don't have that crappy tab on European PS3 boxes, SCEE rightly assumes that nobody cares if it is exclusive or not when contemplating a purchase.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Goldrusher said:
Looks like they forgot to put "PlayStation Network" on the box.
Ikkarus said:
Now that you mention it the same goes for the "Only on Playstation" tab too.
Uh oh. Those are two potential avenues for some pretty controversial revelations. Let's hope the box art is just incomplete.

That said, a 360 version would be pretty cool.

fanboi

Banned
Cataferal said:
Uh oh. Those are two potential avenues for some pretty controversial revelations. Let's hope the box art is just incomplete.

That said, a 360 version would be pretty cool.

Well the IP is owned by Sony right?

Requeim

fanboi said:

yeah

also, the only on ps3 thingy is never on the european boxes, we get to have a fugly playstation network sticker from time to time instead

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
fanboi said:
Didn't know that; I thought they simply owned distribution rights for Japan/Asia. No worries then. :)

The biggest reason to double dip would be the new servers. I've been hearing support for the Asian servers is only guaranteed to last another 6 months, meaning the assumedly dedicated European ones will grant an extended period for online players to make the most of the game.

Nickiepoo

Speaking of servers, I wonder how much of a chance there is that the euro servers will be cross compatible with those in the US.

Billen

Banned
If there are any of us Europeans who still haven't purchased this game, please dive into it once this releases. Easily one of the best games I have played in a long, long time.

Tonza

I already have the US special edition but I kinda want the PAL one too.

The game is really one of the most unique experiences out there, atleast for me. Amazing game.

Lince

Banned
51nQIhP-RWL.jpg

pre-ordered this baby, brilliant game for these summer mornings before the pool sun-bathing and drinking sessions, I wanted to clear my PSP / DS backlog but seems like July is already booked :p

Goldrusher

Azure Phoenix said:
We don't have that crappy tab on European PS3 boxes, SCEE rightly assumes that nobody cares if it is exclusive or not when contemplating a purchase.

51PqlTM03IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51FRPmKxDAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
612X4VkJcLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

edit: But maybe third party publishers aren't allowed to use it ?

I don't understand the Namco Bandai scum. They refuse to publish their own game in Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 yet they have no problem with Demon's souls. Wouldn't the majority of people who wanted this from outside the U.S have imported it already?

Top Bottom