• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free PUBG When you buy an Xbox X between Dec 17 and the 31st

Should give early access to early adopters... :(

Ehh, I've had fun with my X so far anyways

Good get for someone in the market.

MysteryM

Yep fuck over the early adopters. What with the bundles and now this, I've had every Xbox day one but not the next one. I'll happily wait a month. Lesson learned

thatJohann

Eww... not the best way to give a good first impression of the Xbox One X with a game that performs as horribly as this one. Bad idea.

Leonidas

Yep fuck over the early adopters. What with the bundles and now this, I've had every Xbox day one but not the next one. I'll happily wait a month. Lesson learned

It's just a $30 downloadable title.

Compared to the discounts some recent consoles have seen near launch this is minuscule. If you got the Scorpio Edition you got something the new purchasers of Xbox One can not get for $499...

Chrisdk

Good deal for people who are looking into buying an Xbox One X for christmas. You get a decent amount of games to try out with Gold, Gamepass and now PUBG.

Alebrije

So the people that got the Scorpio edition got nothing.....but later adopters ( JUST A FEW WEEKS LATER ) have the chance of a free game.....

BEAST.

Leonidas

So the people that got the Scorpio edition got nothing.....but later adopters ( JUST A FEW WEEKS LATER ) have the chance of a free game.....

BEAST.

Scorpio Edition early adopters got a stand and the ability to buy the SE at $499 along with the ability to use the console for over a month. You can't get the SE for $499 anymore...

Combined these things are of higher value to me than a $30 download.

Game runs fine. You have no idea what your talking about.

People who actually know what they are talking about disagree:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-pubg-settings-screen-revealed

Unless you define sub-30 FPS, buggy lighting and horrible draw distance/pop-in as ‘fine’. That’s on top of PUBG already looking like a fairly average game graphically, and completely riddled with jank... I mean charm.

The point being made is that this is a horrible showcase for the XB1X, which differentiates itself entirely by being a ‘powerhouse’ console. In many ways, it just proves that even 6TF can’t brute force the performance people were hoping for, and that the CPU/GPU matching is horribly unbalanced.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The point being made is that this is a horrible showcase for the XB1X, which differentiates itself entirely by being a ‘powerhouse’ console. In many ways, it just proves that even 6TF can’t brute force the performance people were hoping for, and that the CPU/GPU matching is horribly unbalanced.

Bullshit. I have a 970 and still rocking an i5-2500k and it runs fine on my PC. The game isn't optimized right now.

To be fair, I'm expecting optimization patches. If it's still like this when they consider the game released on the Xbox, then I'll complain.

Slash76

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-pubg-settings-screen-revealed

Unless you define sub-30 FPS, buggy lighting and horrible draw distance/pop-in as ‘fine’. That’s on top of PUBG already looking like a fairly average game graphically, and completely riddled with jank... I mean charm.

People who are actually playing it disagree. I'm having a blast since it was released, and not only me, my friend list is full of people playing it.I played The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne in PS4 when they were released, they had a lot of frames issues it didn't matter to enjoy the game. The same with PUBG in Xbox.By the way, it's a game preview released this week, I'm sure it will improve a lot in the next months.

Nice try but this is an entirely groundless statement loaded with logical fallacy and entirely bad fact checking. There are many games already playing at 4k 60fps on X1X. An early access game that wasn't designed by experienced AAA developers with the intention of being a graphical showcase proves nothing about the balance of the CPU/GPU or the brute force of 6 TF.

4k 60fps games off the top of my head

Halo 5
Battlefront 2
Call of Duty WW II
Forza 7

Furthermore, there have been several games that have shown DRASTIC frame rate improvements, including an unpatched/uncapped Witcher 3 running at double the FPS, 60 FPS.

The better question is what does this deceit and attempts to create a false narrative say about your life. Why are you so invested in spreading lies about a video game console?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
All the more reason for me to return my somewhat faulty X and buy it again with the Microsoft Complete warranty for $39. :)

quickwhips

I'm actually playing the game so I know what im talking about when i say its fun and fine. Keep pushing agenda I'll keep having fun playing games.

Cool, I would be half tempted if the game was a little more complete. I think I will wait for the Crackdown bundle next year. Are people gonna cry over that too?!

quest

Not Banned from OT
Cool, I would be half tempted if the game was a little more complete. I think I will wait for the Crackdown bundle next year. Are people gonna cry over that too?!

I'm sure there will be plenty of posts concerned about xbox X owners lol. I rather have my scorpio edition than a free game it's the best looking console ever Imo.

bltn

I guess this is why it was released in this broken state. Release before Christmas or the deal with Microsoft is off.

Estellex

From that logic, can't you say that any discount or sales on games is fucking up early adopters?

Calibos

This is awesome really.

Great job MS!

People are missing the point of this...complaing about PubGs technical issues and saying it's trash on Xbox isn't doing anything but stroking your own egos. A million plus people are playing it already in game preview. Its running, people are having fun playing it even with the bugs.

Best part is, it will only get better from here. More players, more maps, more modes and a whole lot more optimization and bug fixing. It's only at version 0.5.24 compared to PC 1.0.0 for crying out loud.

Chicken dinners are already being served...It's an unstoppable train now.

Korso

I don't understand why some are complaining about this being bundled now and not being free to early adopters. You should know that by now. Early adoption is always like this.

Reallink

Nah I'm fine I got the console a month ago

Good for you, but there are probably half a million consoles (or more) sitting in the closet as a Christmas present. This is shady as fuck on MS's part.

From that logic, can't you say that any discount or sales on games is fucking up early adopters?

This is an official first party sanctioned promotion 1 month out from launch, not some Ebay bundle or 15% storewide Target discount code. The analog you're attempting to reference would be the 3DS price drop, which we of course know included a lot of apologizing, prostrating, and several free Ambassador games.

DirtyLary

This is awesome really.

Most powerful console.
Best looking and playing multiplats
Tons of showcase games this holiday.
Game pass
Backwards compatibility

And now the best game preview game and biggest game of 2017 for free with purchase of the X.

Great job MS!

People are missing the point of this...complaing about PubGs technical issues and saying it's trash on Xbox isn't doing anything but stroking your own egos. A million plus people are playing it already in game preview. Its running, people are having fun playing it even with the bugs.

Best part is, it will only get better from here. More players, more maps, more modes and a whole lot more optimization and bug fixing. It's only at version 0.5.24 compared to PC 1.0.0 for crying out loud.

Chicken dinners are already being served...It's an unstoppable train now.

Until the train stops at the PS4 when PUBG arrives.

Good for you, but there are probably half a million consoles (or more) sitting in the closet as a Christmas present. This is shady as fuck on MS's part.

This. Same boat. I bought 2 of these things- using one and one for a gift. Both outside of the return window. Pretty much the reason for the gift one was so they could play it with me (I game on PC). Would've been nice to not have to fork out another $60.

I'm happy for those getting in on the deal- good for them.

Just got shut down from the Microsoft Customer Support angle. They said "it's a download code in the box", but Bestbuy said it's a code that they email after purchase and to check with Microsoft. I'm going to try again with BB later, but not hopeful.

CRAIG667

Ditto, I've been playing on my S & X and sure, it's janky af but in a kind of charming way but most importantly the game is super fun and crazy addictive!

I've finished in the top 10 multiple times and came 2nd once yet 1st place feels so unattainable yet I will not give up lol

MysteryM

And yet I remember my free games from MS for the OG xbox when they discounted it early on.

I make a distinction between hardware and software, games typically drop in price quickly and yes you pay more if you buy day one. That's how its been for quite a while.

Manufacturers seldom stick in a free game a month and a half after releasing a £450 quid console. If its the norm, I'm happy to wait next time.

Top Bottom