• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia game to be at E3? (Pics inside)

pargonta

to be fair, you could argue the sepia tone and clothing style (with a little imagination) would lean towards a middle eastern setting and old era, such as persia.

Derrick01

Banned
There we go. :D

I always prefer a more realistic look but that is a compromise I could live it.

Just as long as it doesn't play like 2008. Play's not even the right word really, since you didn't really "play" in 2008 so much as ran around looking at all the art and letting the computer win for you.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, I don't think this is PoP, but I do wish we would get another one that is along the lines of the trilogy from last gen.

The Hermit

I have a really bad feeling about this. Memories of Warrior Within still haunt me to this day.

posts like this made me play the first Prince of Persion and forget about the rest. I really love that game, I don't want it to be crapped on by its sequels.

Zapages

AC Vita game, I thought dealt with AC3 more than anything... So its mysterious game or PoP?

Looks interesting... I don't know what it could be.

jett

D-Member
Generic bald guy?

iu2XYRbhaGmBg.gif

PLEASE don't be Prince of Persia

I always prefer a more realistic look but that is a compromise I could live it.

Just as long as it doesn't play like 2008. Play's not even the right word really, since you didn't really "play" in 2008 so much as ran around looking at all the art and letting the computer win for you.
I actually really liked the graphics in Forgotten Sands (other than neanderthal Prince).

I just like to see more creativity in artstyles, whether they're realistic or use fancy shaders.

dreamfall

Can we go back to the Reboot? I loved the Trilogy last generation (hell, Sands of Time remains as one of my favorite games ever) but the reboot title did so many things well. Stylistically, it was a joy to play through. Forgotten Sands really was forgettable, but it had some of the best platforming sequences from all of the titles. Is it wrong that I just want to get rid of combat completely?

Blizzard

Banned
PoP 2008 looked great, but I abhorred the game itself. I want something more like Warrior Within.
Wasn't warrior within the one that was generally hated as the worst of the sands of time/two thrones/warrior within sequence?

Or was two thrones bad? I thought warrior within was at least the one with the angsty hero.

rdrr gnr

Wasn't warrior within the one that was generally hated as the worst of the sands of time/two thrones/warrior within sequence?

Or was two thrones bad? I thought warrior within was at least the one with the angsty hero.
The drop off after Sands of Time was precipitous.

B.O.O.M

WW is my most favorite. It had the best combat mechanics in the whole series

Blizzard

Banned
There actually is a GAF Gold? I thought it was a very long-running joke.
Both are jokes. Wario's tag is banned (lol), not the normal banned text, which if I recall correctly would be grey anyway.

I think someone else (Drinky Crow?) actually is an account that posts with a banned tag, though.

Zapages

Why has PoP 2008 not come back yet. Dammit.

From what I remember: Someone posted the something along the following here a while back.

Ubi worked on the sequel for PoP 2008, but the things weren't working out as the game became too different than POP 2008 in terms of gameplay mechanics... So the team decided to do another reboot. Hence the third reboot of the series.

POP 1 -3 Original
PoP SOT
POP 2008
and
now this? maybe?

2008 looked soo good. Just give me that visual style again and it would still be fresh.

Maybe the game still have cell shaded feel to it, but this is just the CGI trailer for it. *shrugs*...

POP 2008 had realistic CGI trailer for it too...

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Tom Clancy's Mediterranean Recon

Derrick01

Banned

Warrior Within is a fine PoP game. People hate it because they made the prince all angry and "badass" and stuck godsmack in the soundtrack. But as an actual game it wasn't bad at all.

Top Bottom