• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusty PS3 Kid = Professional Actor

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TONX said:
You give him too much credit. For a kid who lives in Burbank? It's not exactly a dry area over there. I'd say he used it as an ash tray for a year.

fa real, I stay hella close to Burbank, hell I use to stay there and its not that bad. I'm telling you he must be cutting up wood in his house!

Ghostseed said:

hmm, me? Idk... im a guy.. i live in Burbank, im In OFY I love computers, cell phones, electronics.... and fixing all of the above.......... and breaking all of the above. I almost never check this thing, And this is what i make in my spare spare time, i measn teh spare time im not using to have spare time

...sounds great.

:/

It's dust, you guys. It's everywhere. You don't have to live in a desert or on a beach for dust to accumulate. It just does. And if you don't dust for a period of time, your shiny black piece of electronics will look like that one.

Seriously, you guys can't be this dense.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Segata Sanshiro said:
It's dust, you guys. It's everywhere. You don't have to live in a desert or on a beach for dust to accumulate. It just does. And if you don't dust for a period of time, your shiny black piece of electronics will look like that one.

Exactly he neglected to take care of his shyt, so warranty is void.

Segata Sanshiro said:

Not like that, you can't be that dense to believe it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

bullshit. I've got a ps2 that has been in constant use for 5+ years, never gets dusted and it doesn't look like that picture.

There might be some dense people around here, but I'd say they're in the group that thinks a ps3 can look like that after normal use in a normal environment.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Segata Sanshiro said:

ok dude, how in the HELL did the inside of the card reader slot get that dusty if it was untouched? it has a freakin' dust cover for it for pete's sake. period of time, my ass. The kid is either a faker, or a complete slob. but theres no way anyone is gonna say that it was just sitting there minding its own business and that amount of dust will just befall it.

Banned
belvedere said:
I still don't understand how a single dusty PS3 gets nationwide news coverage while the 360 RROD problems get slid under the rug.

The world needs something to do. Seriously dudes, take a step back and realise you're TALKING ABOUT A DUSTY VIDEO GAMES MACHINE!!!!!

But i'll humour you, why would someone be paid to go on the news with a dusty PS3? And how does someone make news by not cleaning a video games console?

Seriously, the human race has had it's time, we should just pass the baton to the cockroaches.

Fine. Believe what you will. I've done visits to houses with poo smeared on the walls. I don't think you guys really understand what shit can befall things when a living space isn't well-kept.

and G35, I've said before many times that his warranty should be voided. It's clear abuse of the product, which will void most any warranty.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Segata Sanshiro said:
Fine. Believe what you will. I've done visits to houses with poo smeared on the walls. I don't think you guys really understand what shit can befall things when a living space isn't well-kept.

and G35, I've said before many times that his warranty should be voided. It's clear abuse of the product, which will void most any warranty.

Oh I wasn't making a personal attack (on that regard) on the warranty in geenral, I was just speaking my mind in that part :)

loosus

Banned
Regardless of its authenticity, you have to admit that you would've loved to see the "WTF" look on the Sony technician's face. :lol

Segata Sanshiro said:
Umm, it really could have happened over time. Stop assuming your little corner of the world is the entire world there is.

Doesn't make him any less liable for it though. That is definitely system abuse and would certainly void his warranty.
That much dust? Really? I think he should be taken away from his parents then or something. because that household isn't healthy for them, let alone technicians. Come on Segata! I have never seen a piece of electronics that bad on the outside, and I think that's the problem. It's pure neglect.

When I opened up our old Pentium3 computer for fun the insides had giant lumps of dust. But the outside was clean, if you saw that much dust beginning to accumulate wouldn't you clean it? And even in the Card reader slots?

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yes. That much dust. It can happen. Worse even! I should take you to work with me sometime when I do my visits, Crush. It'd be fun!
:lol I don't want to be found dead in a garbage can.

What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking? The only place in our house that is like that is the furnace filter :/

teepo

i use to work a long side a console repair technician at a local import store in virginia and we got in about 100+ consoles a month needing repairs, and we've never seen any console as nasty as that. not even close, this is including the occasional colony of roaches that would nest inside the xbox. this story simply has too many holes. dust doesn't accumulate due to construction and that isn't saw dust either on the console. him being a "professional actor" with a rather shitty resume of being nothing more then an extra only helps establish his character as a kid who would do anything for money. this thread is a true test of certain people wanting to simply attack a company that opposes their views because they can. if anything, this thread will be helpful once i have time to read individual posts to start adding to my ignore list.

Looking at that ps3 you can tell he's never used the usb charger or any of the slots, if it he had used it there's no way it would be that dusty. My damn window seal doesn't collect that much dust in a years time.

Matter a fact, that shit looks like dust from throwing dirt around. No way is his house that dirty.

teepo

CassidyIzABeast said:
Looking at that ps3 you can tell he's never used the usb charger or any of the slots, if it he had used it there's not way it would be that dusty. my damn window seal doesn't collect that much dust in a years time.

Matter a fact, that shit looks like dust from throwing dirt around. No way is his house that dirty.

my entire house burnt down and everything that remained in the basement wasn't even as bas as that ps3. my genesis and playstation were buried in ash and to this day, still reek of that god awful smell, but they still work properly.

MikeB

Banned
@ VALKYRAY

All sounds a bit too coincidental to me. Having scanned many PS3 threads I never read of anyone claiming to have had a similar experience. I am sure someone here would have said so or at least would have stated "I have read of a similar case, look here:.

It's strange to me FOX (a news agency continously putting the PS3 in a negative light) found just such a guy, which has worked for them before.

bumpkin

So does that mean it's not possible for someone to have a PS3 as dusty as that? The place I live in is out of control on the dust factor. I clean all the stuff on my entertainment center and vacuum the place once a week, and it's always a mess. I hate old buildings; or old buildings with elephants for neighbors who stomp everywhere and probably loosen ceiling particles. :lol

MikeB

Banned
MikeB said:
@ VALKYRAY

All sounds a bit too coincidental to me. Having scanned many PS3 threads I never read of anyone claiming to have had a similar experience. I am sure someone here would have said so or at least would have stated "I have read of a similar case, look here:.

It's strange to me FOX (a news agency continously putting the PS3 in a negative light) found just such a guy, which has worked for them before.

In any case, if this would indeed be some sort of rare coincidental it's clear FOX made an issue about a very rare incident. BTW did they report on the mass failing of XBox 360s ever since the console launched, before Microsoft acknowledged the problem to shareholders? Did they provide similar coverage and attention?

Even if some just accept that it could be possible for a system to get that dusty, what does it say about the owner that they'd ship something that looks like that for repair? Doesn't it just go to show how neglectful they are that they don't even bother to wipe it off before shipping it in for repair?

MikeB

Banned
bumpkin said:
So does that mean it's not possible for someone to have a PS3 as dusty as that? The place I live in is out of control on the dust factor. I clean all the stuff on my entertainment center and vacuum the place once a week, and it's always a mess. I hate old buildings; or old buildings with elephants for neighbors who stomp everywhere and probably loosen ceiling particles. :lol

People know the PS3 can collect dust (black=>easily visible), if this was just a FUD attempt making dust related claims is more effective rather than claiming it burned down your house (which was also reported in the past, but ended up confirmed fake).

B-Ri

isnt he the gay kid from that "war at home" show?

I think everyone deserves a punch in the face when a "dusty ps3" is blown bigger then the RROD pandemic.

Kujo

battleMAUS said:
and then he was like " i went to WIGGLE, uh press the eject button," if you watch his thumb im not sure what hes doing but thats not the motion to eject a disc from the ps3.
Yeah I found that a bit odd. If he has used a PS3, he should know that is not the way you eject a disc.

B-Ri said:
isnt he the gay kid from that "war at home" show?

I think everyone deserves a punch in the face when a "dusty ps3" is blown bigger then the RROD pandemic.
It's...it's not blown bigger.

What, did Sony earmark a billion fucking dollars for this problem today or something? Did this thread magically jump to the size of the "My Xbox 360 was put together by Fallapart Rabbit" thread?

There are probably more people posting in this thread than there are people who viewed that segment when it first aired.

Woo-Fu

Banned
How dumb do you have to be to ship something in for repair in that condition? He might as well have just taken a dump on it before sealing the box.

Woo-Fu said:
How dumb do you have to be to ship something in for repair in that condition? He might as well have just taken a dump on it before sealing the box.
Well I think we can all agree this guy isn't going to win any fourth-grade spelling bees or anything.

Slavik81

Shamrock said:
Well if you were to brake your system and admit to any of that then yes you would void your warranty. Sony asks a shit load of questions when you call for repair and the entire purpose of it is to get you to admit you somehow voided your warranty.
I went through two broken PS3s (both DoA.. Or maybe it was the game disks. I exchanged them both twice).

Not once did they ask me a string of questions to see if I voided the warranty. They asked me for things like the serial number, the error codes, the firmware and if I had patched the game or downloaded content for it.

So basically... no.

Azrael

Segata Sanshiro said:
It's...it's not blown bigger.

Among hardcore gaming media? No, it wasn't.

Among mainstream media outlets? Debatable.

What is beyond debate is this guy's dusty PS3 is getting a lot more attention by the media than the story deserved. That we're even arguing whether one broken (and clearly due to neglect) PS3 got as much attention in the media as 33% of Xbox 360's breaking down smells pretty fishy. There's no proof yet that this is viral marketing and FUD run amok, but you don't see some dude whose toaster broke getting interviewed on national TV.

SolidSnakex said:
Is it dusty like this?

6llsopc.jpg

thats just not dusty its fucking filthy. looks like it has grease covered in dust on it.

I'm an actor, my IMDB profile isn't nearly as good as his. But if any of you think this is staged its not. I play videogames. I'm an actor. Its not like this kid is Corbin Bleu. Hes just a kid who gets a few small acting rolls here and there. He probably hasn't made more than 10 thousand dollars in his whole acting career looking at his resume so don't think 500 dollars is nothing to him.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Woo-Fu said:

exactly, he could have easily cleaned it before he sent it.

Sonki.

Banned
TONX said:
ok dude, how in the HELL did the inside of the card reader slot get that dusty if it was untouched? it has a freakin' dust cover for it for pete's sake. period of time, my ass. The kid is either a faker, or a complete slob. but theres no way anyone is gonna say that it was just sitting there minding its own business and that amount of dust will just befall it.

It looks like its mostly from smoke. You should see people's computers if they smoke at their desk.

Lots of people smoke when playing videogames and that stuff gets everywhere.

Schrade

Good god at all the "omgz it's Fox news it sux0rs, they makez stuffz up lolz!1!!". Listen you tardbuckets... this is Fox Business Channel. Not Fox news. This is a new channel of theirs trying to make and fill time slots with stories like this that concern consumer products. There just happened to be a really stupid woman hosting the segment trying to get in on the "internet buzz story" of a consumer product.

If there's anyone you should be jumping on it's the Consumerist blog and the stupid blogger that's been making the big noise about this. It's totally ridiculous. If I were Sony I'd send that shit back too.

SCReuter

MikeB said:
Mind giving some examples? When PlayStation 3 first launched, it was nothing but positive press from FNC.

MikeB said:
BTW did they report on the mass failing of XBox 360s ever since the console launched, before Microsoft acknowledged the problem to shareholders? Did they provide similar coverage and attention?
Well, Fox Business News wasn't around during that time, but FNC did report on Microsoft dumping $1 billion into the RROD debacle.

Schrade said:
Good god at all the "omgz it's Fox news it sux0rs, they makez stuffz up lolz!1!!". Listen you tardbuckets... this is Fox Business Channel. Not Fox news. This is a new channel of theirs trying to make and fill time slots with stories like this that concern consumer products. There just happened to be a really stupid woman hosting the segment trying to get in on the "internet buzz story" of a consumer product.
And just to add to the conspiracy, the host is from NBC's Today Show!

I am sure this dude is a weed smoking loser!

How stupid can you be, just dust it of before sending the PS3 to them !

I hope Sony does NOT repair it for him

MikeB said:
In any case, if this would indeed be some sort of rare coincidental it's clear FOX made an issue about a very rare incident. BTW did they report on the mass failing of XBox 360s ever since the console launched, before Microsoft acknowledged the problem to shareholders? Did they provide similar coverage and attention?
yes, FOX coverd the 360's RROD fiascio. substantially even......

k79

Banned
inner-G said:
It just seems to me that FOX didn't provide 'fair and balanced' views of a problem with a foreign electronics manufacturer.

And this surprises you why exactly? ;)

MikeB

Banned
SCReuter said:
Well, Fox Business News wasn't around during that time, but FNC did report on Microsoft dumping $1 billion into the RROD debacle.

Presentation is very important looking at the video they made it look Sony was too cheap, meanwhile highlighting with text: "Microsoft set asside $1.5 Billion to replace XBox 360 spare parts". I can imagine it would have costed them more to face endless lawsuits if they wouldn have, when they finally admitted to the problems to shareholders.

"People are very outraged about this" states the video, one mere incident nobody has ever heard a similar case of before.... Yeah right! ;-)

MikeB

Banned
Blu-ray Is Doomed to Lose DVD Format War
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195275,00.html

Hhm, aren't Blu-Ray releases outselling HD DVD releases, even in the US?

From the article:
Both store, on a dual-layer disc, between 45 and 50 GB of data.

Ouch that's not well researched, why should we believe them on more complex matters? :lol

Fox employee fired for not wanting to lie:

Fox: “We just paid 3 billion dollars for these television stations… we’ll tell you what the news is. The news is what we say it is. If you refuse to present this story the way we want it to be presented… you will be fired for insubordination.” This attitude seems to speak volumes.

Rolf NB

TONX said:
You give him too much credit. For a kid who lives in Burbank? It's not exactly a dry area over there. I'd say he used it as an ash tray for a year.
The kind of dust around smokers isn't as light as this stuff. This is just your regular household dust, poured right out of the vaccum's bag after flipping open the card-reader port.

DrXym

Segata Sanshiro said:

Don't be silly. I have never, ever seen dust accumulate like that on anything I've owned even after years. Yes dust gathers and but not like that. And when it does it can be wiped off.

Either the guy has done something stupid with the system (e.g. tipped a bag of dust over it to get a free replacement), chain smokes, has left it somewhere smokey or has a skin condition.

In any event the condition of the console was preventable. Sony should tell him to get lost.

Top Bottom