• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Announcement: Code Redemption Temporarily Disabled

Kunan

I'm guessing this is also why flOw and escape plan didn't release yesterday? Weren't there a number of titles scheduled for Friday?

No, Sony is just fucking incompetent.

Huh. I thought for sure that would be the reason. Hopefully they'll have it back up by tomorrow or even later today.

Calm down, your code isn't going to dissolve at midnight. The weekend of the NA launch there were tons of things down and not working, but it was sorted out. Be patient.

While I agree, I can understand the frustration and anger. It's the weekend, the one time most people have some free time to play games at length and this happens? I'd be pretty angry if I had game codes to redeem and I couldn't because of what appears to be a random issue that isn't expanded upon by Sony or even given a proper ETA on when it'll be fixed.

Anyway, I do agree that some level of calm should be maintained. I'm sure it'll be up and running as soon as possible.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting their ps4s to wifi? It has been working since launch, but when I woke up today it wont connect at all. My xbone/ipad/pc all have their wifi connected and working atm.

jboss

Neo Member
Is anyone else having trouble connecting their ps4s to wifi? It has been working since launch, but when I woke up today it wont connect at all. My xbone/ipad/pc all have their wifi connected and working atm.

I had this issue a few days ago, and I resolved it by simply turning off the PS4 (not standby) and turning it back on - this was of course after 30 minutes of messing with my router. If you haven't had a chance to try it, give that a shot. If you have... I'm not sure :/

So hey guys, what happens if we put in multiple $49.99 PS+ card codes? Does it limit your account to a single entry? I got a few on sale but have yet to enter the codes into my account.

jwhit28

Has anyone getting the "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" tried contacting support? It seems like something we will all have to do before the codes will work.

Vooduu

Has anyone getting the "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" tried contacting support? It seems like something we will all have to do before the codes will work.

Yes, they'll tell you that the code is still valid and is because of network issues.

oQ5xAsV.png

Lol someone is lucky or trolling^

Zach

I tried once on my PS4 yesterday and it didn't work. I just tried today on my PS3 and it worked. Now where do I look to see how long I'm paid up? I just want to confirm since it's being wonky.

Cyrix

Neo Member
So is the problem just codes, cause I have a PS3 and I'm trying to sign into PSN for the first time on it and it's failing out instantly with error code 80710104 which seems to be a timeout error.

anyone else not even able to log in?

cj_iwakura

Yes, they'll tell you that the code is still valid and is because of network issues.

oQ5xAsV.png

Lol someone is lucky or trolling

They also told me I was pretty much screwed in regards to the lock out, and would have to wait until tonight.

Trying again won't 'extend' it or anything will it?

They've always lacked in software management. Always.

All this shit just makes me miss Xbox Live even more. Sony anticipated this many sales yet they go ahead and disable what people will probably use the most? Forget that, disable all the social features nobody gives a fucking damn about. I can't even download my game I bought from Amazon but I can sure as hell record a fucking clip. Bullshit Sony.

Yep a disgrace!

Especially when the quality if the streams are absolute shite!

Does anybody else not think so? What is the point when it's twice as bad as YouTube? Wtf? It ain't my internet either cos I've got 60 d/l and 13 u/l. Useless fucking feature due to quality...

I can't understand how some are not bothered? As in they are still playing online, reiterating what Sony are saying that we can stil play online etc

How? I'm not signing up for the free shit as they want cc details yet I've paid in full for a PSN + code.

So sony, we fucking can't play online!

Can't download resogun.

Can't play online.

Can't do sweet fa and I've just £800 as well as 3 hours on the phone at a cost of £5 cheeky bastards after planning a whole weekend with my son - something we do rarely.

There are no excuses. What is the god damn reason why we can't enter codes?

/end sorry for rant...

PerZona

Guys I have successfully redeemed my last code just a few seconds ago on my PS4. I had the same error message but after trying the 2nd time it works ;)

Vooduu

They also told me I was pretty much screwed in regards to the lock out, and would have to wait until tonight.

Trying again won't 'extend' it or anything will it?

I don't think so because once you're locked out, it won't register any codes you're given.
(I tried a random set of characters and it didn't even load or anything, just gave me the same error code.)

Now the better question is, how many more tries do you get before it will lock you out a second time. I'm just going to wait unfortunately.

I had this issue a few days ago, and I resolved it by simply turning off the PS4 (not standby) and turning it back on - this was of course after 30 minutes of messing with my router. If you haven't had a chance to try it, give that a shot. If you have... I'm not sure :/
This worked after a couple of power offs and just redoing the wifi settings.

Top Bottom