• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U confirmed [Hero Mode trailer]

D-e-f-

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsZDa2nBVgY
edit: original trailer from nintendo back online!

edit4: nothing is known about it other than what you see in that picture/end of the video!
yay misinformation: it's official now: Wind Waker HD is $50 and the Limited Edition Wii U deluxe bundle will be $299

wwhdwiiui0spv.jpg

edit: seems Nintendo pulled that trigger too early and removed the video already.

screencaps win again!

edit3: goes along well with this:

BY2K

Membero Americo
Personally I'm happy the Special Edition isn't that great. It means I won't have to buy another Wii U and sell the old one.

Jeels

Wish it were themed better than some random decal placement.

But this is great for people who wanted a Wii U + Windwaker this holiday.

losername

Banned
I want a Zelda gamepad. Looks nice. Shame it was enough of a struggle to convince me to buy one Wii U at a discounted price, let alone a second at regular price.

javac

Hmmm...I can deal with it I guess. And by that I mean not having the urge to sell my Wii U gamepad for this :p

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
don't find it bad at all. That being said, definitely not buying another Wii U (and/or trading my current one)

Now if it were a GOLD Wii U and Gamepad (like the Skyward Sword wiimote)

Yeah, even though it would be ugly as hell just for collectibility I would buy it.

Frostburn

As a Zelda fan and someone without a Wii U I would like a bundle but I don't want that control pad. Might have to just buy a normal Wii U Deluxe and the game separately when it comes out.

mishakoz

That is the laziest skin of a controller i have ever seen. At least the LoZ 3DS looked good... this... just looks like a sticker.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so wtf is hero mode??? no recovery hearts? Do you at least get a refill when you get a full heart piece?

holy brutal.

Ugly stickers on a controller = SE console? Iwata is overdelivering in value.

I've never seen a Nintendo console banded as an SE or LE with "stickers" or "decals" adhered, they always look printed-on to me, like you'd expect. In fact, I don't remember seeing that with ANY limited console by a proper manufacturer like Sony or Microsoft.

People are just saying decal/sticker to downplay its addition.

With that said, it looks okay, but doesn't exactly get me excited. Just makes the pad look "busier."

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Did Nintendo ever work out a way to transfer content from one Wii U to another?

Get someone to steal it
File a police report
Give Nintendo police report
???

I don't think so.

GamePad looks nice, glad it's not like the special Zelda 3DS, otherwise I'd have to buy it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's with the "m" in the .com? What a weird detail to miss, lol.

Edit : Oh, it just wasn't done animating, hah.

jmizzal

The fact that Nintendo is advertising Hero mode from the start tells me Zelda WiiU will also have it from the start

Top Bottom