• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
BGBW needs to remove Grimgar and put in Konosuba!

I agree with this statement. Grimgar just didn't hit me in the first episode. Perhaps I should give it another chance. In contrast, I'm up-to-date on Konosuba.

OniAi is good

7pgy3Qc.gif

Russ T

Banned
i know just the solution

please tusr you're my only hope

btw i'm also in favor of erasing grimgar's existence and promoting konosuba, konosuba is hot shit, and i need more of it right now, but there isn't more, oh god, i just made myself sad ):

not even sure who you are

i don't think I even know myself

I used to post in this thread a ton back in 2013, left
lurked
for two years now I'm shameless

also lately there just hasn't been too many anime that are interesting enough, personally. My backlog is massive as ever, though.

TUSR

Banned

lurked

also lately there just hasn't been too many anime that are interesting enough, personally. My backlog is massive as ever, though.

welcome back!

Cornbread78

lurked

Well hello there, you have posted a few time recently, but I think it's time to start watching anime again..

Start with Erased and Konosuba and go from there.

Quasar

Grimgar 9 - Nice rest episode. Its actually interesting to think in perhaps all my D^D days we never really had sessions where we just hung out and rested like this. Our rest time was when we planned / did recon.

Also this might be the first episode where I didn't want to throw Ranta off a cliff. Maybe because he had no lines.

They probably had the cover in the Japanese release due to rights in Japan, but in the US the Anime was done at the request of the studio which had the rights to the song for the US or something because I also recall the original being used

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They probably had the cover in the Japanese release due to rights in Japan, but in the US the Anime was done at the request of the studio which had the rights to the song for the US or something because I also recall the original being used

I'll admit I really didn't like the first or so episodes and didn't finish it. Madhouses animation was janky, the voices a lot of times weren't matching up with the lip flaps, and they couldn't even get the real Dean to voice his character! Then the actual episodes weren't good imo. Maybe I'll try and give it another shot.

Squishy3

The dub has Jared as Sam too, but I don't think Jensen Ackle's present until the last episode or something. The voice direction wasn't great from what I watched of it.

Oh, I got them mixed up.

I'll admit I really didn't like the first or so episodes and didn't finish it. Madhouses animation was janky, the voices a lot of times weren't matching up with the lip flaps, and they couldn't even get the real Dean to voice his character! Then the actual episodes weren't good imo. Maybe I'll try and give it another shot.
The VA was too busy or didn't feel like doing it. They got the other guy.

As to the quality it works better, and was largely intended, as a condensed version of season 1 to attract audiences to the main show. The animation itself wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad if you consider what we normally get in a season from all camps. It was average animation with a great artstyle and taking the best arcs from season 1 in animated form, cutting out a lot of fluff the show has to fit it into 20 minute episodes.

As someone who doesn't watch supernatural because it's too many episodes and I don't care to watch the whole thing it was great.
Please tell me they had tons of American rock songs as inserts. I'll start watching that tonight if somebody promises me that.

I always heard it was terrible too, so I never bothered.
I can't recall a lot of rock outside of the ED. I've been itching to rewatch it anyways now that I can watch it with a more critical eye since I first watched it when I was less cynical. I'll let yall know . I watched it subbed anyways, since I had heard the dub wasn't great.

Just finished watching Hyouka after taking a break from anime and I really loved it. The animation was beautiful at points and I loved the general tone and atmosphere of the show along with the cast. I've always liked KyoAni but this and Hibike were just really special to me. I don't know why I waited so long to get back to it, especially since I'm not keeping up with any ongoing series right now.

Also started Giant Robo and what a great show that is so far. More time to watch now with Hyouka done.

pbayne

So I have to watch the first four episodes of Sword Art Online (and Serial Experiments Lain) for University.

I said I wanted an excuse to watch anime during university. I don't think this is what I had in mind.

Sounds pretty sweet. I got to re-watch Welcome to the NHK for uni last year. It was pretty surreal.

Feel free to use my posts on Lain if they are useful in any way.

Damn.

I actually really wanna see that. The sloth in the trailer fuckin' killed me. If the rest of the movie is even half that funny, I'll love it.
Not really the movie isn't particularly hilarious. The sloth stuff is probably the highlight but there's a few clever jokes here and there. There's commentary on racism. I'd argue the movie has more heart than comedy

yami4ct

As someone who loves Sci-Fi, not getting into Legend of Galactic Heroes is probably one of my biggest shame points right now. Seeing as Viz is releasing Volume 1 now, any reason not to give it a go in that format? Don't know how people feel about the original novel series, but I have to imagine given the anime being so lauded, it's probably pretty good.

I also need some more night reading now that I'm wrapping Lier Game up.

Line_HTX

Did Liar Game ever get an anime adaptation? I only know of the Live Action, which was pretty awesome with its camera effects and zooming in.

As someone who loves Sci-Fi, not getting into Legend of Galactic Heroes is probably one of my biggest shame points right now. Seeing as Viz is releasing Volume 1 now, any reason not to give it a go in that format? Don't know how people feel about the original novel series, but I have to imagine given the anime being so lauded, it's probably pretty good.

I also need some more night reading now that I'm wrapping Lier Game up.

I just ordered the first book, and I'm currently watching the series so I should be able to give a good opinion in a while.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Did Liar Game ever get an anime adaptation? I only know of the Live Action, which was pretty awesome with its camera effects and zooming in.

Nope, no anime adaptation of liar game. If someone decide to adapt it, i hope they change the ending or adding some scene, because damn, that ending sure came out of nowhere. I get what the author intended to do with that ending, but the execution is not that good.

yami4ct

I just ordered the first book, and I'm currently watching the series so I should be able to give a good opinion in a while.

That Publisher's Weekly review was pretty rough, but it definitely sounds like the reviewer just didn't dig the source material. I'll probably wait and see what the general consensus on the translation quality is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom