• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back in like 06 or 07 when my sister was always like 'Want me to make you a facebook account?' And I was like; " No I'm too busy watching split up parts of Naruto Shippuden episodes on Youtube." Those were the times, I got rick rolled so much.

So I just finished FMAB, I always caught it on and off on Adult Swim but I never actually sat down and watched it. Man, this weird Schrodinger shit going on with my feels right now. I'm both very content and wanting more. In the end I really loved it and my time with Ed and Al. Now all I can think of is how the endings to other long running manga/anime like One Piece or Ippo are gonna slay me.

BBboy20

did you share this thread and he saw it and you two made up?
lol. He called earlier tonight and asked what the verdict was; simply said "I'll always be your friend". He then pestered me to go to his family dinner for today's family dinner (guess it's a Far-Eastern thing to considered casually ude when declining an invitation) but I declined (because of what I witnessed last Weds) but he then pestered on. He wants to hang out all day today anyways and might still push me to have dinner with them tonight so...all I can hope for he or anyone else don't expose their ignorance and prejudice in front of me.

I'll surely go to the Friday family dinner since it is his last he'll be in town until July.

Barack Obama said:
I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people.
-_-

Jarate

Banned
lXSKi4Y.jpg

ckohler

So I just finished FMAB, I always caught it on and off on Adult Swim but I never actually sat down and watched it. Man, this weird Schrodinger shit going on with my feels right now. I'm both very content and wanting more. In the end I really loved it and my time with Ed and Al. Now all I can think of is how the endings to other long running manga/anime like One Piece or Ippo are gonna slay me.

Brotherhood is such a constantly good series both in story and production. One of my favorites.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haven't been posting much lately because I realized that if I want to replay 999 and VLR before ZTD comes out and before Fiesta season starts I'm going to have to move it.

Rutger

Banned

Don't worry, One Piece will outlive us all. Luffy will get to the end of the Grand Line and it will be revealed that Gol D. Roger also became King of the Space Pirates.
It turns out what we have gone through was nothing more than the prologue of something far more grand!

FMAB's ending is pretty much perfect.

X-Men Apocalypse is just okay, not as bad as bat v sup but still one of the weaker xmen films.

I hear they finally got Cyclops right.

Haven't been posting much lately because I realized that if I want to replay 999 and VLR before ZTD comes out and before Fiesta season starts I'm going to have to move it.

Man, text based games are hard to replay. 999 and VLR try to make it easier, but it's still rough.

ckohler

I guess no podcast this week since it was a marathon, right? I enjoy listening to both the ToonamiShowRundown and ToonamiGAF podcasts during the week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Let's use this memorial day weekend to remember the good old days. Remember when we used to sit around & talk about how we used to sit around & talk about other shows? Those were the days."

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Via the Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap Remake.
Just imagine a Samurai Jack Game animated and illustrated like this.

I think my eyes react to smooth 2D the same way others react to 60 FPS 3D, which doesn't really "wow" me. (Yay, I can see a few more interpolated frames within an animation, wohoo.) Be it OVAs, classic games, TV anime specials, stand-out scenes from classic animated films, whatever, seeing tiny little frames where a specific artist gets to put in some grader-than-life flair to a motion, that's all their own, just makes me smile.

MouseManRunning.gif

It's not like 3D animators don't have their own flair too, but unless it's decidedly 2D in inspiration, it always feels more like "proper use of a tool" rather than "personal expression" to me. Which is probably quite unfair, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom