• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Patch notes for 3.0.1
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1961733

Includes:
* New supporter packs
* Harbinger improvements: more difficult, more often, better loot
* Beachhead map improvements
* Other stuff like fixes

NOTE! Harbinger Orb buff was accidentally left out of patch notes but is still in the patch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...ements_301_patch_notes_path_of_exile/dlqft52/

----
So excited, saved my Harbinger orbs waiting for this.

Also is it weird that I'm excited to spend money on new supporter packs? Well done GGG. Also I want tiger. Give me tiger.

Gothos

Patch notes for 3.0.1
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1961733

Includes:
* New supporter packs
* Harbinger improvements: more difficult, more often, better loot
* Beachhead map improvements
* Other stuff like fixes

NOTE! Harbinger Orb buff was accidentally left out of patch notes but is still in the patch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...ements_301_patch_notes_path_of_exile/dlqft52/

----
So excited, saved my Harbinger orbs waiting for this.

Also is it weird that I'm excited to spend money on new supporter packs? Well done GGG. Also I want tiger. Give me tiger.

AFAIK new pet will be some kind of blue-spectral wolf.

Tom Penny

It's just more efficient to not even Id certain Ring bases and then go for the 2x recipe.

I generally don't vendor jewelry myself unless I id'd them.

You can also go for the quintuple recipe where you can turn in 5 id'd rings that are same base to get a new one that is unid.

You would have to be more specific with what you want here.

For most new players I recommend playing a Melee life based, non crit Marauder or Duelist build. Something like Slayer (which is an ascendancy of Duelist) Cyclone/Earthquake or something like Berserker Sunder build. Get something tanky that does good AOE damage and is tanky.

You can just look up builds for these.

I personally really really like anything that is Ranger - Duelist based. Last league I played Cyclone Raider and this league I am playing Frostblade Raider, both I enjoyed. I like Ranger because it's easy to make it move around fast but it's less tank than other options.

Here's a good example of Earthquake build that also goes over basics of build making in POE (most of this should apply to 3.0 as well, maybe you change around gems):

https://youtu.be/9i2o2wW7xbQ

Sunder build:

https://youtu.be/GRKLks6sq8Q

Scorch Ray build:

https://youtu.be/ZZyn3q_M1as
I created both those builds. Sunder in Harbinger and Scorching Ray in Standard. I'm surprised I die on sub level 10 maps with the scorching ray build. I have pretty good gear full resists and a 6 link but died once on arachnid nest. Really? Sunder build is decent to but hit a wall too. Maybe I need a six link. Ancestral Warchief has been my best build even without Tukohoma. Safe and high damage.

Rufus

Man, I really need to stop dying while leveling. I'm just not careful enough any more. Lost a great weapon just now. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

And Izaro is a joke. The biggest danger us accidentally killing his minions.

No kidding. The most difficult thing was not killing one of the general in the first trial.

I did a ton of runs last night. One of the best days for Uber farming this league. If not the best. There was one days where there were only 6 rooms to get all the darkshrines and keys. But Izaro was pretty rippy.

Ladekabel

Is there anything I can do against latency spikes? Every so often the game hitches which brings down my enjoyment. It isn't much of a problem now because I'm still in Act 2 because I play in coop but it annoys me.

Only thing running in the background is Discord.

Leezard

Is there anything I can do against latency spikes? Every so often the game hitches which brings down my enjoyment. It isn't much of a problem now because I'm still in Act 2 because I play in coop but it annoys me.

For me when I get spikes it's usually because of a bad server. That means I can exit the area and ctrl+click on the entrance to make a new instance.

Rufus

If you're on Frankfurt, try Milan or London. It's been fine for me, but today I had a lot of spikes.

Decided to buy a brightbeak for going through the lab traps with character and just switching back to doryani's for the trials. Makes life so much better and I get through the lab so much quicker now. I'm so happy i decided to that. Shaved a couple of minutes off of each run.

Also lab today is just as good as yesterdays. A great day to farm.

Ladekabel

So I tried different servers (Amsterdam, Milan, London) besides Frankfurt and had spikes on all of them. Worse then I had it in my past sessions. Loading new instances didn't help either. Is there another way to combat this or is this a server side issue?

Rufus

So I tried different servers (Amsterdam, Milan, London) besides Frankfurt and had spikes on all of them. Worse then I had it in my past sessions. Loading new instances didn't help either. Is there another way to combat this or is this a server side issue?
Could be something else, like asset loading. I don't know what settings it defaults to these days, but I only rarely see stutters using DX11 with multi-thread rendering enabled.

Aside from that, I have no idea what it could be. The throubleshooting section on the official forums might have a useful sticky, but I never go there.

There seems to be a glitch where you crash after getting a darkshrine that erases your current buffs.

Lost 2 offerings (one on a 7 key run). Sours that experience a bit. Now I clench a bit each time I grab a darkshrine.

There seems to be a glitch where you crash after getting a darkshrine that erases your current buffs.

Lost 2 offerings (one on a 7 key run). Sours that experience a bit. Now I clench a bit each time I grab a darkshrine.

That's been going on since 3.0. I've luckily haven't had to deal with it yet after 50 runs.

Lab looks awful today. 4 gauntlets or shrines tucked away in side areas. Sounds like a good day to map instead. Hopefully GGG figures the shit out with the lab soon.

Lab looks awful today. 4 gauntlets or shrines tucked away in side areas. Sounds like a good day to map instead. Hopefully GGG figures the shit out with the lab soon.

I'm glad I'm busy all day. I can't run lab today. But that's kind of the point of lab. It's meant to be random.

On a side note. I pretty much have what I need to get my next character started.

Going Doomfletch prism TS/Barrage. I'm using my kaoms heart on the build so I need two Doomfletch. I bought a 5L for the TS and clearing and a 6L for barrage. Need to just buy a Dying Sun. That's the next big purchase I want for it. After I get that I'll start leveling it.

I think some awful days should be acceptable, as long as at least equal amount of greater days also exist. In past there weren't really any GREAT days to farm Lab. I hear post-3.0 there are.

I think some awful days should be acceptable, as long as at least equal amount of greater days also exist. In past there weren't really any GREAT days to farm Lab. I hear post-3.0 there are.

The past two before this one were pretty good. All of the shrines and keys were on the way. Argus was at worst in a side room right off the main path.

It was pretty good.

But now post 3.0 6 key runs are guaranteed and I've gotten a ton of 9 and 10 key runs.

Giard

Hey guys, I've started playing again because of the new expansion. It seems they cancelled the previous bandit reward I got, I have to redo the quest but I'm still stuck with my original choice (Oak). Has anyone got this issue also?

Hey guys, I've started playing again because of the new expansion. It seems they cancelled the previous bandit reward I got, I have to redo the quest but I'm still stuck with my original choice (Oak). Has anyone got this issue also?

If you're on standard. I believe that's a bug they haven't fixed yet.

Tom Penny

Respec'd a Shadow in standard to essence drain didn't know what the hell i was doing then it clicked. Pretty damn strong once I figured out what i was doing.

J. Bravo

Hey all. I last played in the Rampage league. I want to start up again, but what is a noob friendly build? All the threads I read on the forums are super complicated and I have no idea what's going on with all the stuff. Used to be just skill trees lol. Any help would be appreciated :)

Dahbomb

My Frost Blade Raider has been progressing nicely. Level 85 all Ascendancies, 4.4k life, 5 link Queen of Forest plus 2 Dreamfeathers, evasion rating almost 50k with Jade and Stibnite flask up. The movement speed and attack speed is absurd, easily the fastest character I have played in this game. . Doing higher yellow maps right now with the greatest of ease but man these bosses are still a pain in the ass. They really should have upped the rewards and EXP on them.

Just need to 6 link my other Queen of the Forest which has the correct colors and I can start doing high red maps like Abyss for the Steel ring.

Hey all. I last played in the Rampage league. I want to start up again, but what is a noob friendly build? All the threads I read on the forums are super complicated and I have no idea what's going on with all the stuff. Used to be just skill trees lol. Any help would be appreciated :)
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246185988

Scroll down to the 3 videos I posted as they are noob friendly builds.

I recommend watching the EQ build video even if you don't plan to use that build as it goes over the basics of making builds.

EQ Juggernaut. Zerker Sunder. Raider Self Cast Frost blades. Ancestral Warchief Totems.

Those are all good starter builds.

Dahbomb

I also highly recommend Raider Frostblades. It's fun, it's fast and it's cheap. Great league starter that you can min/max to take you through all the content theoretically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oqBR6RtRQ

(Full build in the video description as a Path of Building link which everyone should have installed on their PC for build planning)

I prefer the Dreamfeather version myself.

The main downside to this build is the weaker single target damage and less damage mitigation all around that isn't evasion/dodge based. Most of the time if you are playing this build well you won't get hit especially by regular mobs but when you do finally get hit by a boss it hurts hard.

Rufus

Frost Blades Raider is fun. Still intent on taking one to maps eventually (4th attempt, cough), but for now I'm back to RF Totems. Certainly more fool proof. Ahem.

Kadin

So 2nd fight of the lab is apparently not working atm. Got stuck trying to enter, posted about it on reddit and others have said they're having the same issues. So yeah, hold off until they get it addressed. Mine was in Merc but it seems others affected as well.

edit: I'll also comment about the above. Playing Raider Frost Blades as well with QotF and dual Dreamfeathers - love it. A very fun build but I'm starting to get a tad squishy as I push past t10.

Tom Penny

My Frost Blade Raider has been progressing nicely. Level 85 all Ascendancies, 4.4k life, 5 link Queen of Forest plus 2 Dreamfeathers, evasion rating almost 50k with Jade and Stibnite flask up. The movement speed and attack speed is absurd, easily the fastest character I have played in this game. . Doing higher yellow maps right now with the greatest of ease but man these bosses are still a pain in the ass. They really should have upped the rewards and EXP on them.

Just need to 6 link my other Queen of the Forest which has the correct colors and I can start doing high red maps like Abyss for the Steel ring.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246185988

Scroll down to the 3 videos I posted as they are noob friendly builds.

I recommend watching the EQ build video even if you don't plan to use that build as it goes over the basics of making builds.
i have a Frostblades raider it's the funniest build i have but it's so strong you can one shot yourself at any time on a random reflect :(

Tom Penny

Yugul's 25% reflect immunity should solve that issue.

I can still die. I mean at level 85+ it takes so long to level up that any death is many deathless maps just to make up for it but whatevs. It's still my favorite to play. So fast and seeing a whole screen shatter constantly is awesome :)

I can still die. I mean at level 85+ it takes so long to level up that any death is many deathless maps just to make up for it but whatevs. It's still my favorite to play. So fast and seeing a whole screen shatter constantly is awesome :)

Another reason why I love RF. Only mod I can't do is no Regen maps.

rickyson1

the whole difficulty thing being gone makes such a big difference

I tried playing this a few years ago and it didn't really click so I stopped after a couple hours,then I tried again last year and it was good but I just stopped playing after finishing the story in normal because I didn't feel like going through it again

now I started over again with 3.0 and actually made it to the endgame stuff

I'm so proud *sniff* My zombies can tank Minotaur for like 15% of his hp worth after I die. Managed to kill him, but I don't think I could have done it without my MVP zombie team.

Makes me wonder if I could make zombies good enough to solo him. They are only 4-link atm after all.

Zelias

Banned
This is not a hardcore character that's for sure.
Yeah I'm playing a Frostblades Raider too and it's easy for me to die if I'm careless or against certain map bosses. I'm new to PoE so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but I might go with a tankier build on my next char. The clear speed is phenomenal though, I just do most map bosses once then skip as they don't seem really worth it beyond map completion.

Dahbomb

So I haven't played since the game first came out, is there a big rundown anywhere of how the game has evolved
Are we talking since beta or since release?

Either way there's a ton of stuff that was added to the game since then. From Masters, Prophecies, The Labyrinth, Ascendancies, Atziri, Guardians/Shaper, reworked Map/Atlas, Breaches and Essences etc.

Probably just better to approach is as a whole new game now.

I have died very little with my Frost Blade Raider though. Most enemies can't even touch me while I have my flasks up. Even bosses have a tough time hitting me. I set up my Ancestral Protector which takes up some of the aggro and dart around with Whirling Blade to avoid the avoidable stuff. I think from 81-87 I died once which was completely my fault. The changes to Volatile Blood and new Pantheon for reflect damage has made a huge difference for me because that's how I used to die a lot playing a character like this.

I feel like the devs owe me my unique map back. Lost two lives to the game crashing, and one life to them deciding that it made sense to put yes on the right hand side on this screen, rather than the left side:

Eb1CUTi.png

The final boss was wave after wave of harbingers. What kind of loot did I just miss out on? I've never fought that boss before.

Edit: Oh damn, just watched a video of the boss kill. Fuuuck, I missed so much loot. Fuck this game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Are we talking since beta or since release?

Either way there's a ton of stuff that was added to the game since then. From Masters, Prophecies, The Labyrinth, Ascendancies, Atziri, Guardians/Shaper, reworked Map/Atlas, Breaches and Essences etc.

Probably just better to approach is as a whole new game now.

Thanks

the whole difficulty thing being gone makes such a big difference

I tried playing this a few years ago and it didn't really click so I stopped after a couple hours,then I tried again last year and it was good but I just stopped playing after finishing the story in normal because I didn't feel like going through it again

now I started over again with 3.0 and actually made it to the endgame stuff

The best thing about it is that lab progression is SAVED. no need to go on another character after dying to waste so much time going out of your way to go and find the trials before maps. Labs is the worst thing about PoE for me. It rivaled Desync for me in what killed the game previously.

Anyways my current Marauder/Berserker/Sunder feels so OP when it comes to kill time. Even the totem does decent dps lol.

Top Bottom