• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

What was Yano saying during the presser that had Okada in stitches?

He's gonna take good "pills" to help him win that are not cleared for use in Japan

He's going to win, and you know that's true because he doesn't lie

The DVD has been selling well, thanks to everyone who made it possible

Okada trying hard not to laugh here lol

Jashobeam

He's gonna take good "pills" to help him win that are not cleared for use in Japan

He's going to win, and you know that's true because he doesn't lie

The DVD has been selling well, thanks to everyone who made it possible

Okada trying hard not to laugh here lol

Lol Yano winning the G1 would be the greatest thing ever

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Intermission time.

All the multimans were entertaining today.

Yeah, I usually skip them, but they're really good at giving you a taste of what's to come. Plus with this show being free it's a good way to get people to pony up the 999 yen.

And yeah they didn't specify if it's New Beginning. That's usually in February, while these shows are at the end of January, unless they're completely changing their schedule for next year.

EDIT: Fantasticamania maybe? That's towards the end of January.

Foggy

Yeah, my mistake, changing commentary to Japanese, calling Yano a mentally challenged is not understanding his character at all.

Yikes. Was it Callis doing some kind of heel schtick?

I'll prefer the Japanese commentary if only for the hype and excitement that just isn't there with the English commentary.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, Callis is doing this really, REALLY weird heel schtick where it's almost like he's "bullet club" without being bullet club. Or he's playing a guy desperate to be bullet club but would never be cool enough? i don't know, all i know is he keeps saying "the boys" and "shoot" a lot

And when you see Yuji Nagata, he's the guy who looks almost exactly the same twenty years on.

Yeah, I instantly recognized him. I actually do still have vivid memories of Yuji Nagata in WCW (as in specific matches), whereas with Gedo it's just the way he looks and then that weird botched spot he had with Jericho, I think.

Foggy

Yeah, I usually skip them, but they're really good at giving you a taste of what's to come. Plus with this show being free it's a good way to get people to pony up the 999 yen.

And yeah they didn't specify if it's New Beginning. That's usually in February, while these shows are at the end of January, unless they're completely changing their schedule for next year.

EDIT: Fantasticamania maybe? That's towards the end of January.

It's funny because New Beginning is almost always in February, but early February. Then Fantasticamania is closer to 1/28 and 1/29 but that's usually in Korakuen and it's usually 3 days worth. If it's a new thing, what could it be if all the heavy hitters are just going to turn around and wrestle at New Beginning?

ghostmind

I tried the english commentary for the Okada/YTR match.

The action in the ring speaks for itself, and I would rather have the japanese announcers intensity, even though I can't understand everything they say.

Hasney

Dammit, was just going to tune in when I got to work, but New Legacy are discording it so I'll have to watch it all now.

Top Bottom