• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

komaruR

RIPTIRE READY TO ROLL!

wait, even riptire dont kill yourself now?
i wanna test and see how much dmg genji reflect (for the whole duration) does to the bastion ironclad 20% dmg reduction now. (no1 to test out with me on pc :( )

back before the bastion buff, i always use genji as a nice counter to bastion but dunno about the ironclad 2.0.

lucio ptr changes. here's the full stuff.

Lúcio

Sonic Amplifier
Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back
Crossfade
Song's area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
A temporary in-game visual has been added to illustrate this radius (it is only visible to Lúcio and his teammates)
Heal Song
Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability)
Sound Barrier
Radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters
Wall Ride
Movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding
Lúcio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660#patchnotes

also.

Maps

A new route has been added to Eichenwalde that connects the attacking team's spawn area to the capture point

Paltheos

Maybe I've gone nuts, but right now I think nigh everyone is underestimating Reaper. Like, to a preposterous measure. In a time when Winstons are running rampant, my teams have balked at the very prospect of picking him. Yeah, in terms of raw DPS Roadhog outguns him, but Reaper has a faster firing speed and a larger magazine. I mean, yeah, I know the comparisons aren't that simple but that's kinda the point too. Winston's being run on these weird team comps that don't always support him well, winning, and no one's picking his strongest counter.

LiK

wait, even riptire dont kill yourself now?
i wanna test and see how much dmg genji reflect (for the whole duration) does to the bastion ironclad 20% dmg reduction now. (no1 to test out with me on pc :( )

back before the bastion buff, i always use genji as a nice counter to bastion but dunno about the ironclad 2.0.

Yea, Riptire doesn't hurt anymore. Amen.

Maybe I've gone nuts, but right now I think nigh everyone is underestimating Reaper. Like, to a preposterous measure. In a time when Winstons are running rampant, my teams have balked at the very prospect of picking him. Yeah, in terms of raw DPS Roadhog outguns him, but Reaper has a faster firing speed and a larger magazine. I mean, yeah, I know the comparisons aren't that simple but that's kinda the point too. Winston's being run on these weird team comps that don't always support him well, winning, and no one's picking his strongest counter.

because if the enemy team also has a roadhog there is zero point in picking reaper, the roadhog will just hook and kill you

he's super immobile for an offense character

komaruR

because if the enemy team also has a roadhog there is zero point in picking reaper, the roadhog will just hook and kill you

he's super immobile for an offense character

i just lol'ed when you mention reaper is immobile and then roadhog is immobile too.

tho imo, if you need some1 to babysit the support, from like tracer and genji I find reaper better. Just because his rate of fire. If a hog wiff the hook then relying on his regular shots (rof) is basically being a ult battery for tracer and genji.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Winston's being run on these weird team comps that don't always support him well, winning, and no one's picking his strongest counter.

As someone who plays a lot of Winston, Reaper honestly isn't a serious threat to him. He's so immobile that you can just engage off to the side of wherever he is and then jump away whenever he finally trudges his way over to you. And if he's taken any damage at all, it's totally possible to kill him if Winston lands his jump and has barrier off cooldown.

Roadhog is a much stronger counter, as he does more damage, has too much health to ever be practical for Winston to kill, and can mitigate Winston's mobility advantage with his hook and alt-fire.

Skii

The only time I've seen Reaper work in competitive/pro scene is as a surprise pick. His toolkit is different enough from the other DPS to be successful as that last ditch choice that no one expects. I don't see him having any other place in the meta at the moment.

If a Winston is running riot and your Roadhog is absolutely terrible, sure you might need to switch into Reaper. However, Roadhog is as good a counter to Winston as Reaper and if anything, he has the hook to stop Winston from getting away.

Lol, Sty's latest OverAnalyzed video is for a Diamond Genji. I'm laughing so hard at him triggering over the Genji's bad positioning and shitty attitude towards his team. Def worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/9rm3yC40w9g

LOL I saw that earlier today; I was about to mention in it here. The Zarya barriers got my attention because I shield a lot of Genjis who still continue to fight with 40hp instead of retreating.

Also, aside from not having optimum DPS with right click, that Genji's aim was terrible too (Sty didn't mention his crappy aim for like 20 minutes). He just rushes in without chipping people with left click from mid range. He just dashes in, dies, fill ult, rush in with the team or a hail mary ult. His fundamentals are shit, but the sad thing is that his team keeps on coming back with stacked ults.

Some Genjis are just suicidal and don't know what to do. I suspect that the other semi-terrible Genjis like that guy are people who developed bad habits from having timid teams that poke too much or teams that are aggressive where his random dashes in work sometimes when they are damaged (dashes that are not calculated).

Sty is right. That guy will never touch Masters or Grand Masters if he doesn't sharpen up his game; he dies and fills the other team's ults unnecessarily and relies on comeback ult stacking.

Edit: aren't you supposed to aim at the with click?

MG310

The Bastion meta has been a lot of fun for me as a Zen player who got to kill a lot of bad Bastions who don't seem to think Zen has a chance at killing them after they are discorded.

Don't play Genji, play a good hero.

It felt so good to win twice last night against two Genjis who only tried to flank and I kept them from doing so.

Genji is really good. His ult was the sole reason the guy in Overanalyzed was able to do anything. The nanoboost setup+Zarya barriers AND ult setups are enough to warrant Genji being one of the top DPS picks in high level play and any proper team comp.

The problem with Genji is that he appeals to the wrong people aesthetically and mechanically. Even if you are not a...ahem, you will still want that generic dragon sword ult PoTG. No really, Genji requires a lot of skill to be effective AND consistent when you don't have ult.

Edit (so many damn edits): The worst thing about Genji is being unable to practice and master him because everyone insta-locks him.

LiK

It felt so good to win twice last night against two Genjis who only tried to flank and I kept them from doing so.

Good Genjis are the bane of my existence. They're good. I want ND to play him in Comp if he's good with him.

Jellie

I'm gonna assume you mean play a hero you are good with not Genji isn't good.
I've yet to get a Sombra POTG, feelsbadman.jpg
Got 3 so far I think. Trick is to steal them off Zarya. Got two of them from a grav+EMP.
Got one today stealing it from a friend of a gaffer I think. Not sure if they are on themselves, have to ask neoraider but it's always funny when you steal it from somebody in your gorup.

komaruR

Good Genjis are the bane of my existence. They're good. I want ND to play him in Comp if he's good with him.

il be the winston to support his genju then!

hmm, what if we get new event tommorrow?! but nah, probably next week or so for apirl's fool/spring/easter

GUYS I KNOW GENJI IS AMAZING WITH A HIGH SKILL CEILING

I'm just tired of people instalocking him and letting my team down because they can't flank, can't prioritize supports, can't reflect priority damage, and then proceed to blame everyone else for their shortcomings and masturbating furiously when they land a dragonblade triple kill.

I JUST DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER AT ALL MMMKAY

Top Bottom