• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All I really want is Future Trunks and Android 18 TBH. From the wishlists here, they're seemingly not as cool as they were when I watched DBZ as a kid.

Also, looking through the DBZ wiki and all the different Super Saiyan transformations they have now is throwing me for an eternal loop. Goddamn things got more non-linear than I ever imagined they would.

Siege.exe

I think the producer said no because throws aren't a big part of Dragon Ball fighting.

Eh, I kinda wanted to see if they'd have Goku teching grabs by biting people, because ASW is probably one of the only developers who would do some goofy bullshit like that, but I'll live.

dan2026

Beerus is a given. Golden Freeza is in and he came after Beerus, Beerus is also really popular.
Goku is also wearing his outfit introduced in Battle of Gods.
Piccolo and Kuririn are probably guaranteed as well.
No DB game gets made without them usually.

And I could see Mr Satan as a Dan level joke character.

Maybe a representative from earlier Dragon Ball as well.
A Piccolo Daimao or Taopaipai maybe.

I'm just gonna assume 30, but it'll probably be a little less than that.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Kid Gohan
4. Freeza
5. Prefect Cell
6. Fat Buu
7. Piccolo
8. Krillin
9. Tenshinhan
10. Yamcha
11. Ultimate Gohan
12. Future Trunks
13. Android 16
14. Android 17
15. Android 18
16. Gotenks
17. Vegito
18. Bardock
19. Broly
20. Cabba
21. Hit
22. Frost
23. Beerus
24. Zamasu
25. Goku Black
26. SSJB Goku
27. Videl
28. Kid Buu
29. Kid Goku
30. Demon King Piccolo

I'm assuming Caulifla and Kale would be DLC since we haven't seen their moves yet.

Turin

Banned
Lord Popo is my request.

latest

Squire

Banned
NEED:

Future Trunks w/sword
Piccolo

Someone in the old thread mentioned they could do Bulma and tie all her specials to capsules. That'd be dope. She better have fire alts, too. Her fashion game was tight.

I get happy every time I see a new thread for this game, still can't believe it exists

Totally.

Lulubop

Eh, I kinda wanted to see if they'd have Goku teching grabs by biting people, because ASW is probably one of the only developers who would do some goofy bullshit like that, but I'll live.

The throw tech animation is like flurry of punches from both sides

dan2026

Black or Kid Goku is fine. But the last thing I want in this game is another version of adult Goku.
One is enough.
Same with Vegeta.
Gohan as well even though it's a bit weirder for him.

HardRojo

Make Luffy a guest or just someone from another shonen jump manga, espically good manga.
Bad idea in my opinion. We're not getting many characters to begin with so guest characters shouldn't be considered yet, plus this is the first proper DB fighting game so personally I don't want guest characters on it yet. I'd rather have more, less popular DB characters as the DB world has several to pick from.

Probably not going to happen this way, but I hope we get Cell Saga trunks who has Super Saiyan Rage and the Spirit Bomb Sword represented in some way.

Neoxon

The only Super characters that should be included are Beerus, Hit, and Black, and probably as DLC.
Nah, they need to be Day 1 (though I'd prefer Zamasu over Black for the sake of design diversity & the potential of Merged Zamasu as an install super). Hell, Xenoverse 2 got Hit in on Day 1 at the last minute due to his popularity.

NeonZ

I really don't see standard Zamasu making it over merged Zamasu at all. Merged Zamasu was the final enemy of the arc, even if it wasn't the form seen throughout it. It's like how Final form Freeza obviously has priority over 1st form Freeza. And the only reason Goku Black might make it over him would be his overall popularity, if we're only getting one character for that arc. In every other case, we get the final enemy's final form.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but since it's a three on three fighter I hope there's at least 3 female characters. Android 18, Videl and ???. I haven't watched any Super so dunno bout those folks.

I like the idea of thematic groups of 3 in games with 3 on 3, like they do in King of Fighters. They're already doing it with Team Super Saiyans and Team Villains so far.

dan2026

Caulifla & Kale are too new, unless Toei gave ASW the inside scoop on their moves early.
I mean they could make some moves up if they wanted to. But I doubt they will.

There is Mai of Pilaf's gang as well. Another unlikely one though.

Fandangox

I mentioned it in the other thread, but since it's a three on three fighter I hope there's at least 3 female characters. Android 18, Videl and ???. I haven't watched any Super so dunno bout those folks.

I like the idea of thematic groups of 3 in games with 3 on 3, like they do in King of Fighters. They're already doing it with Team Super Saiyans and Team Villains so far.

I doubt that ASW is looking to make thematic teams when deciding the roster, I don't even think they would worry about having the playable number of characters be divisible by 3.

That said, its still fun to come up with a KoF-like composition for the roster.

Team Heroes:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan

Team Major villains:
Freeza
Cell
Majin Buu

Team Earthlings:
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha

Red Ribbon Android Team:

Women's Fighter Team:
Bulma
Chi-Chi
Videl

Alien Team:
Piccolo
Hit
Jaco

Team Gods:
Shin
Beerus
Whis

Fusion Team:
Merged Zamasu
Gotenks
Vegito

U6 Saiyan Team:
Kale
Caulifla
Cabba

LordKasual

Banned
Does this game have throws?

Pretty much

Dragon Rush: Approach the enemy and launch a rush that can not be guarded!

Looks like they took GG's Dust mechanic and made it a standard command grab. Both players executing one makes them do a flurry clash and break off.

Not like it matters much anyway, with all the crossup teleporting and assists flying everywhere, i doubt people will be playing turtle on this game lol

J-Tier

Videl
The Saiyan girl from Super who I forgot the name of.
?

Chi chi and Bulma? Doubtful.
Actully Bulma fighting in some sort of mech could be cool.
But they would never do it.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time trying to pull some more females beyond 18 and Videl. Maybe Zangya from Bojack Unbound or someone from Dragon Ball. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Subbed. I'm going to lurk mostly since I already got what I wanted. I guess I only have very few requests for characters, but they are more likely to be in anyway.

J-Tier

Other females:

Mai (with Shu) could be a comic relief duo or she could ride around in her mech.

...the West Supreme Kai...? LOL

Playsage

I don't think the Super-only character are making the cut for launch roster.
Since they want to appeal to a worldwide audience, they'll initially stick to the most recognizable series (GT excluded)

Also that's for the better. Super is garbage :)

Gonna post my roster again(tried to be realistic but Chi Chi is a personal pick) cause its fun

Goku(with SSB install)
Vegeta(with SSB install)
SSJ2 Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks(SSJ Rage install)
SSJ 3 Gotenks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Roshi
Frieza(golden frieza install)
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
SSJ Rose Goku Black
Hercule(need a funny joke character)
Chi Chi(far more potential than Videl if they give her the power pole and bansho fan)

I don't think the Super-only character are making the cut for launch roster.
Since they won't to appeal to a worldwide audience, they'll initially stick to the most recognizable series (GT excluded)

Also that's for the better. Super is garbage :)

>Has Golden Frieza
>Wishes for no Super (current series) characters

Where's the 8 ball GIF when you need it.

Top Bottom