• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Josephl64

Hyrule Warriors didn't have any character with a moveset clone. I think it was also the case for DW8 (need to check), and this game has a lot of characters, much more than Fire Emblem Warriors.

So, this argument doesn't seem to hold water.

Every playable character in Dynasty Warriors 7 and Dynasty Warriors 8 had cloned movesets.

Anyways, I'm just glad that we can indeed play as her. She looks great, and the trailer was just fun. Can't wait to unlock her myself.

apex? never heard of this shipping company before. welp double dip time.. derp
09673d1b27.png

anna I guess really is unlocked after collecting all her stuff

Please have a demo of this game nintendo!

Could make or break it for me in terms of buying this game. I need to play it before I buy it.

Shun

Just unlocked Anna.

She is the Anna for this specific game's world, Shion and Lien.

You need to interact with her throughout all the Story maps she appears in to unlock her battle in History Mode in the postgame.

Hey folks. Wanna grab this digitally, but Amazon JP and pretty much everywhere else seems to be out of eshop card codes???

Anybody have any suggestions?

Hey folks. Wanna grab this digitally, but Amazon JP and pretty much everywhere else seems to be out of eshop card codes???

Anybody have any suggestions?

if your card works with jp 3ds and you still have it, reload from there. I think that method still working. oh make sure you combine the wallet

Anbec7

They did a remix of Twilight of the gods but without the lyrics is not that good :/

Still from the little I have heard the soundtrack is really good!
Waiting for impressions here then :)

Every playable character in Dynasty Warriors 7 and Dynasty Warriors 8 had cloned movesets.
Dynasty Warriors 7 yes, Dynasty Warriors 8 no. Every one of the 77 characters in the latter received their own unique weapon type (23 new movesets added from those in 7 and its expansions). Add in all the characters added in Xtreme Legends and Empires plus the dlc weapons results in over 83 weapon types total.

DW8 was KT and Omega Force at its peak tbh. Quality and Quantity in one package.

Josephl64

Dynasty Warriors 7 yes, Dynasty Warriors 8 no. Every one of the 77 characters in the latter received their own unique weapon type (23 new movesets added from those in 7 and its expansions). Add in all the characters added in Xtreme Legends and Empires plus the dlc weapons results in over 83 weapon types total.

DW8 was KT and Omega Force at its peak tbh. Quality and Quantity in one package.

I found the changes to be fairly minimal, yes there was assigned weapons with special finishers, but for the most part it was very samey. I also wasn't referring to XL and Empires in my statement.

I would say 5 was their height(although 8 was extremely good), but that's a convo for another time. Not really here.

Hot diggity shit does this look good at 60fps.

I'm still a little worried about this game, though. I really hope the map design is really good and the character movesets aren't as one-note as they seem to look from the preview videos. I am really worried this game won't be on anywhere near the same level as Hyrule Warriors, which is a shame.

I share the same concerns. If the level design is great (i.e. I don't have to rely on the minimap constantly as a crutch for any kind of navigation) I think I'll bite. If not, pass. There's only a certain level of mindless I can accept nowadays.

NeonZ

Hyrule Warriors didn't have any character with a moveset clone. I think it was also the case for DW8 (need to check), and this game has a lot of characters, much more than Fire Emblem Warriors.

So, this argument doesn't seem to hold water.

DW8 doesn't have clones only because it's reusing movesets from DW7, which did have many clones. DW7 itself was reusing animations from DW6, although they still needed many tweaks and additions due to going back to the Charge system, which is why they ended up with clones again.

I'd much rather have a smaller cast with all unique movesets than a large cast with little diversity in movesets. At least the former can be fixed with updates, DLC, and sequels. The latter is just boring forever.

Sakurai isn't the designer of this game. Koei has often given unique movesets to former clones in expansions and sequels. There's no "characters need to keep the moveset they debuted with" idea with Koei.

I found the changes to be fairly minimal, yes there was assigned weapons with special finishers, but for the most part it was very samey. I also wasn't referring to XL and Empires in my statement.

I would say 5 was their height(although 8 was extremely good), but that's a convo for another time. Not really here.
I wasn't including XL or Empires either in the 77 number. Including Empires, there were 92 unique weapon types.

That's not to detract from Fire Emblem Warriors. No other Warriors collaboration has given us such a large character roster in its debut game (Berserk and Arslan are seething lmfao). I was just contesting the notion that DW8 had moveset clones.

It's kinda weird how KT's Nintendo collaborations have been great so far. I don't recall this much love being given to the likes of One Piece or Fist of the North Star.

Neghis

Neo Member
Has anybody seen anything of the colliseum mode? Or did they mean history mode when they said colliseum mode when they showed the game at e3.

Shun

Can someone post a screenshot of split screen? Does it till the whole thing or have black borders on the sides?

5Gd72mo.jpg

v3geKfw.jpg

On performance mode.

It performs well enough and is playable. Resolution probably dropped a little or something, would probably slowdown in busier maps but didn't notice anything.

NeonZ

Has anybody seen anything of the colliseum mode? Or did they mean history mode when they said colliseum mode when they showed the game at e3.

Nah, Colliseum mode was definitely something separate. You could use only one character there.

Maybe it was cut from the base game and will be added separately later, like Challenge mode in Hyrule Warriors (and it was still extremely incomplete when added and took months for the full mode). If we get the NPCs in a free update later (there are several quotes in the game data that only make sense if they're playable, and Niles even has unused support dialogue), maybe they could be unlocked there rather than being automatically unlocked from the update.

5Gd72mo.jpg

v3geKfw.jpg

On performance mode.

It performs well enough and is playable. Resolution probably dropped a little or something, would probably slowdown in busier maps but didn't notice anything.

Thanks looks good enough! Now I want them to patch in local wireless play if you have 2 switches.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
5Gd72mo.jpg

v3geKfw.jpg

On performance mode.

Man, I cant wait to see how good FE switch's character models are

Got through the Fate storyline, this game is definitely getting much harder if you don't grind. I am going back to the previous chapters to obtain Anna's stuff and try to complete all side missions before going forward.

Nohar

How is the side content compared to, say, Hyrule Warriors? Adventure maps were a blast (if a little tedious after a while).

Also, while playing on a split screen, what about clipping? Hyrule Warriors suffered from horrible clipping and enemies being there but not appearing at all.

How is the side content compared to, say, Hyrule Warriors? Adventure maps were a blast (if a little tedious after a while).

Also, while playing on a split screen, what about clipping? Hyrule Warriors suffered from horrible clipping and enemies being there but not appearing at all.

as an action rpg,how is few compared to dqh1/dqh2

Sorry, I haven't yet play them. In fact, I haven't yet played any warrior games in the past. I would still say this game is good.

IMO, the most outstanding thing the developers has achieved is incorporating elements from Fire Emblem into this warrior model, especially field management. As the OP has mentioned, you can access to the map before and during the battles, then, you can move your units to different places according to situation. For example, when you are busy cutting down enemies, a side mission suddenly triggers at the other side of the map. You can choose rushing to that location, or simply assign other units to deal with the situation. This maneuvering is pretty much essential to many chapters and the difficulty is getting higher and higher when you progress through the story. This system greatly enhance the depth of the game by adding strategic layers. It is not simply a mindless hack-and-slash game, but a game that requires planning and skills to complete.

PK Gaming

The FE:W supports are surprisingly good.

They're short and fun, and filled with references and such. I'm pretty fond of Takumi and Lyn, who have excellent chemistry with most of the cast. I also like how Celica's support with Xander is better written than her entire arc in Act V of Echoes. Here's an excerpt:

Xander: I cannot believe this... Lady Celica! You are willing to watch your kingdom fall into ruin just to avoid bloodshed? That's a betrayal of your people! If a kingdom is in chaos, it is the duty of a royal to put an end to it.
Celica: Even if that means asking people to risk their lives and everything they have?
Xander: Of course. A royal must not only protect the kingdom, but the future of its people.
Celica: No... I couldn't bear to see the people I love be sent off to their certain demise.
Xander: It's not easy. But neither is condemning them to a life of sadness and oppression.
Celica: That's not what I'm trying to do...
Xander: You hate war and respect peace and kindness. Those are good qualities. Yes, war leads to death, but some causes are worth the sacrifice. You were born to carry the weight of that responsibility.
Celica: You're right... Maybe I've turned my back on my kingdom for too long. Thank you for reminding me of who I am. And of my duty to my people.

mas8705

Hopefully we'll see some good gameplay from those who get the game early. For myself, I can wait for the 20th to roll around for FE:W (and the next week for Mario Odyssey).

Don't know what the chances are that players might unlock something we haven't seen yet, but it will certainly be fun to see how much the game gets dismantled before we get it in the states.

not really need to grind for story mission tbh even at hard. it'll just need more time to finish it. class promote stats boost is enough imo
im torn if i should download this or just wait for the LE version I preordered

be strong & wait. don't be weak like me and grab digital instead of waiting the LE to arrive

Top Bottom