• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK confirms Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 2017

Nintendo UK just posted an article regarding the games out for Switch this year and they had this to say :

If those aren’t enough, in autumn you can look forward to Fire Emblem Warriors. Fans of huge RPGs should anticipate the arrival of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this year as well!

Nintendo UK

Thought it was news worth of a thread.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They were always 2017 titles.

I also enjoyed playing BotW in 2015.

Every Nintendo title is now a mainline 3D Zelda ?
I can see XB2 being delayed if it isnt ready...but doubt KT will miss the FEW date.

These have both been officially confirmed for 2017 since January 13th. Doesn't mean they're actually going to make it this year (though I think Warriors probably will).

Trace

Banned
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I'm not believing Xenoblade will be out for a second until it's actually in my hands.

Thatanas

So, basically what we already knew? I mean, this thread was probably created for the re-confirmation I guess, but we had no reason to doubt their release dates.

Fire Emblem Warriors was always guaranteed 2017, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has also been listed as 2017 but not in official trailers or marketing. I think there's a pretty high chance the Japanese version of Xenoblade 2 will hit this year, it would be amazing if the English version makes it.

I'm sure that FE warriors will make it in 2017 and I'm hyped, but I'm still gonna assume XC2 won't make it until the last moment.

The official line has been 2017 since the presentation, and until the second they're ready to announce a delay it will continue to be that, realistic or not. See: Persona 5

Fire Emblem Warriors is pretty much guaranteed to be a 2017 release. I am still very doubtful about Xenoblade 2 releasing this year at least outside Japan.

Zemm

It's Nintendo UK though, they know about as much as us forum plebs. If Nintendo Japan came out with something like this then that'll mean something

DMONKUMA

I don't have a doubt for fire emblem warriors but Xenoblade 2 on the other had....plus even if they are reassuring that it's 2017 it still can be delayed.

But pls make it to this year.

tkscz

This was confirmed two months ago.

Yes, both were confirmed for 2017 at the event, however MANY GAF memebers will yell to the havens that Xenoblade 2 is not coming out this year. No idea why they keep saying it though (might be an inside joke).

I believe it with Fire Emblem. Still not buying it with Xenoblade.

This industry is far to loose with insisting release years or quarters are accurate only to delay it anyway. I've seen it a million times.

Remember when it was, like, September 2015 and Atlus USA was repeatedly insisting Persona 5 was coming out in 2015? Lol.

Fire Emblem Warriors was always guaranteed 2017, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has also been listed as 2017 but not in official trailers or marketing. I think there's a pretty high chance the Japanese version of Xenoblade 2 will hit this year, it would be amazing if the English version makes it.

xenoblade x sold more in US then in japan, no?

13ruce

Banned
Welp if Xenoblade 2 makes it this year then it's official for me best year in gaming ever.

Zelda, Resident Evil 7, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Nier, Horizon, Nioh, Red Dead (maybe) Assassin Creed in Egypt by black flag team, 1 other Sony IP (days gone probably), uncharted 4 dlc, Final Fantasy XV dlc and FF 12 Remaster, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and HD remixes on ps4, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, ARMS and more.

It's insane

Zedark

How are people going to have time for these games, im still only one dungeon down in zelda after 30 hours

Yeah, am two dungeons down and (STORY SPOILERS, DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!)
just grabbed the master sword
, and I am close to 60 hours in. For me, though, the only big game until Super Mario Odyssey is MK8D, disregarding the unknown release dates for XBC2 and FE:W, so I can use one (or both) of these games before Odyssey. If pokémon is real as well, then phew, 2017 is definitely mind-blowing
(as if it isn't already)
!

Both games had been announced for 2017 worldwide, but it is nice to see some reconfirmation that they are still slated for 2017. We won't know for 100% sure until they get released, of course, but it is promising nonetheless.

I believe it with Fire Emblem. Still not buying it with Xenoblade.

This industry is far to loose with insisting release years or quarters are accurate only to delay it anyway. I've seen it a million times.

Remember when it was, like, September 2015 and Atlus USA was repeatedly insisting Persona 5 was coming out in 2015? Lol.

Seriously
"Guys Persona 5 is definitely coming to the west in 2015, Atlus USA just reconfirmed it even"-People on Neogaf minutes before the delay to summer 2016 in Japan was announced

Nairume

Banned
Yes, both were confirmed for 2017 at the event, however MANY GAF memebers will yell to the havens that Xenoblade 2 is not coming out this year. No idea why they keep saying it though (might be an inside joke).
It's almost entirely based around Xenoblade X getting delayed. Which, yeah, it did, but there were also clearly other circumstances that contributed to it getting delayed that won't apply here.

tebunker

Banned
I also enjoyed playing BotW in 2015.
Good, very good. Not going to lie I honestly think they were close to ready and then switch popped up and they made the year plus decision to pull back and make a switch version and had to pull out all wiiu specific stuff.

But as for this story it would all line up fairly well;

Mk8 April ; Arms late May/Early June, Splat2 late June Early July, Mario in November for Balck Friday, so that leaves a July/August/Sept/Oct/November run for 4-5 games.

I honestly think they want to get as close to one game a month they can so to stay in the news. 6-7 weeks tops between tentpoles, they are hitting 8 weeks with Mk8 but have some smaller stuff in between. So early June for Arms and Mid/Late July for Splat2 allows for a solid Sept/Aug game like FE Warriors, then one or two titles can float around Mario at Thanksgiving.

I personally can't see Xeno getting localised in time but it could easily be an early year release.

We still have E3 to see games that are due in second half through March next year

Top Bottom