• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
No explanation how Goku could go SSG? Despite being action packed it was a really boring ep..
This. You're telling me that Goku can suddenly go SSG when canon says he needs other Saiyans for it? Fuck out of here with that nonsense. This whole series doesn't make sense.

x3470cO.jpg

Maddocks

Lamest universe with lamest characters by far.
Toppo and Jiren standing there looking cool while their team mates get off one by one.

sad to see my favorite universe before this arc get beat down hard like chumps. Going to hurt even more when Jiren falls like the rest and the universe is then deleted.

HeroR

He transformed into God a second time, entirely by himself, in the original movie.

It as also never said that Goku could never get Super Saiyan God again especially since he absorbed it, something that no one expected to happen and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was Goku recapturing godhood. But, I would have liked an explanation about how long Goku had Super Saiyan God. Like, did he have it since Battle of Gods or did he relearned it from training with Whis.

Overall, I'm not happy about Super Saiyan God being back and it feels just as unneeded as the manga, but it did have a few blessings upon it return:

- It finally killed that stupid two-base theory that has been used to downplay everyone, so good ridden.

- Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is the only form with ki control, ignoring that Goku didn't kill his wife in the Cell Saga when he was Super Saiyan and had sex with her.

- Slaythe will love this, people will stop downplaying 17, like saying Goku could have beating him with Super Saiyan 3.

- It confirmed once and for all that Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan > Super Saiyan God, despite the manga and narrator in the Resurrection 'F' Saga stating that it was.

- And I got to read salty Vegeta fans whining about Goku stealing Vegeta's gimmick from the Super manga, which was a stupid gimmick anyway but anything that makes Vegeta's fans cry tend to make me happy.

*Goku asks Piccolo to fight in the tournament*

Gohan: "Dad, are you sure you don't want me?"

Goku :"Uh..."

Goku: "I don't know what to say here"

Xero

This. You're telling me that Goku can suddenly go SSG when canon says he needs other Saiyans for it? Fuck out of here with that nonsense. This whole series doesn't make sense.
When was it ever stated he couldnt go God anymore? He just prefers blue. Clearly just needs the other saiyans to unlock God mode which already happened. Dont know where you got it was a one time deal.

HeroR

When was it ever stated he couldnt go God anymore? He just prefers blue. Clearly just needs the other saiyans to unlock God mode which already happened. Dont know where you got it was a one time deal.

Normally, one can't go Super Saiyan God without the ritual. Goku can because he absorbed Super Saiyan God.

Well my one take away is even with SSg's reintroduction, goku felt super unnecessary here.
I'm legit starting to think toei is terrified to have him off screen for even 10 minutes.
Is Goku truly so money?

Man I just watched this episode again. This is the first time I rewatched a tournament episode like this out of sheer hype.

God dang this episode was just awesome.

Sony

Nintendo
He transformed into God a second time, entirely by himself, in the original movie.

So you're telling me that if they redo the SSG ritual for every saiyan Z fighter, kind of like taking turns, everyone could become SSG and transform into it at will?

HeroR

So you're telling me that if they redo the SSG ritual for every saiyan Z fighter, kind of like taking turns, everyone could become SSG and transform into it at will?

No. Goku absorbing Super Saiyan God was a happy accident. It was meant to be a temporary form, but Goku's body absorbed and kept the power because he's 'a rare prodigy' using Beerus' word. It is up to debate if the other Saiyans can do it since they're also prodigies, but there's no answer either way.

Sony

Nintendo
No. Goku absorbing Super Saiyan God was a happy accident. It was meant to be a temporary form, but Goku's body absorbed and kept the power because he's 'a rare prodigy' using Beerus' word. It is up to debate if the other Saiyans can do it since they're also prodigies, but there's no answer either way.

You're trying to give the explanation where Super hasn't. This is your reasoning. It is never mentioned in Super that Goku absorbed the form, but it is mentioned he absorbed the power. Which is even dumber if you think about it because if Goku absorbed the SSG power, why would he need to go SSG?

spidye

Don't worry they got you :).

With super around they probably won't do another movie for a while.

Resurrection of F was a decent to good movie but it didn't blow me away like BoG did

anyway, just saw the newest episode. I'm a little bit high on hype but I wanna say this was the best db super episode.

god damn, hit and goku were awesome

You're trying to give the explanation where Super hasn't. This is your reasoning. It is never mentioned in Super that Goku absorbed the form, but it is mentioned he absorbed the power. Which is even dumber if you think about it because if Goku absorbed the SSG power, why would he need to go SSG?

This is the main confusion I have with the return of the form.

Resurrection of F was a decent to good movie but it didn't blow me away like BoG did

anyway, just saw the newest episode. I'm a little bit high on hype but I wanna say this was the best db episode.

god damn, hit and goku were awesome

This is definitely a top 5 Super episode for me.

HeroR

Super gave the same explantation as the movie.

Sophist

I enjoyed that episode but being a fan of the first part of Dragon Ball, i will probably enjoy more the incoming one.

What's Hit fighting style? Boxing?

Sony

Nintendo
Super gave the same explantation as the movie.

Still, at the end of the Super arc, it was said by Beerus that Goku absorbed the power of SSG. He didn't say or imply he permanently gained the ability to go SSG.

Regardless, the whole situation is really bad and not thought out.

Yo, I betcha the notes said he could still go SSG and talked about SSB kaioken. so too introduced kaioken first and now during this manga arc toyataro will introduce kaioken SSB.

My guess anyways.

Gin-Shiio

I always took him "absorbing" the power as a permanent unlock. You guys are being pedantic about this.

Despite not talking much, Jiren still showed some character through his faces this episode. He actually is growing on me now.

HeroR

I will say the Pride Troopers are idiots. Why the hell didn't Toppo and Jiren jump in when Goku joined the fray? Toppo knows how strong Goku is and the last time he tried to send his men against Goku, five of his teammates got ringed out. I honestly expected them to rush and save Dyspo after he nearly fell out the second time.

Toppo is a terrible leader. He left his team to the dogs twice.

Well that sucks, I didn't realize there was a set amount. The current one is my favorite so far... :(

They go by TV seasons (or cours), so January, February and March, then April, May and June, then July, August and September and finally October, November and December.
We're only getting 3 episodes in September because there will be a break in the second week.

dickroach

Why the hell didn't

when you start asking questions like that, none of Dragon Ball Z/Super makes sense

in this tournament, the strongest fighters have spent more time kind of standing back and doing nothing, watching other people fight, than they have fighting

Sony

Nintendo
I will say the Pride Troopers are idiots. Why the hell didn't Toppo and Jiren jump in when Goku joined the fray? Toppo knows how strong Goku is and the last time he tried to send his men against Goku, five of his teammates got ringed out. I honestly expected them to rush and save Dyspo after he nearly fell out the second time.

Apart from that, it's quite moronic to stand at a high spot like that during a battle royale.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Overconfidence. Also amusing he was lecturing 17 about Justice.

Truly the Goku show. He had to find his way in every fucking episode LOL

Vegeta should of been there instead of Goku this episode, would of been a lot better since he's pretty much no.2 in the show.

Pkaz01

Vegeta should of been there instead of Goku this episode, would of been a lot better since he's pretty much no.2 in the show.

He has been in almost every episode, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with him he pops in. Some of the best parts of DBZ were when he was dead and we got to see what the could do.

Slaythe

Goku's forced inclusion into everything is honestly getting old.

Sure he's the hero, so what. What's the point of having 80 fighters if Goku is in almost every single episode forcing his way in ?
Almost makes me wish we just had regular turns now so that the asshole couldn't do what he's doing.

HeroR

when you start asking questions like that, none of Dragon Ball Z/Super makes sense

in this tournament, the strongest fighters have spent more time kind of standing back and doing nothing, watching other people fight, than they have fighting

It makes sense from a character POV. They're overconfident idiots.

"I'm going to stand and watch my teammate get the shit beating of them". Thanks hero.

I'm confused. Why would Vegeta help Hit? The only grudge he ever cared about settling was Goku and Frieza. Him jumping in would be more shoe-horn than Goku, who has a relationship with Hit.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Lol @ Goku stealing Vegeta's invented moves from the Super manga. He's truly allowed nothing.

Can Vegeta even go SSG at all in the anime? Probably not. Final Flash and thats all you get mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom