• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

GeekyDad

Beer Monkey said:
Can purchases go the other way? If I buy Shantae for my 3DS, and grab a cheap DSi XL at some point, can I d/l Shantae to the DSi?

From the sounds of it, I think no. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's one way to 3DS.

FloppyDelux said:
has anyone bought cave story? if so is it good?

It's just the same version that's been on DSiWare for some time. It is a great game, If you've ever loved an epic 8-bit action/adventure game, you should love this.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Flipnote is not available for 3DS.

I'm just looking for the regular old DSi version, I can download most of the other DSi titles onto the 3ds if i want.

I'm curious if I were to transfer my games from the XL to the 3DS if it would include flipnote hatena.

Santiako

Lemmy Caution said:
I'm just looking for the regular old DSi version, I can download most of the other DSi titles onto the 3ds if i want.

I'm curious if I were to transfer my games from the XL to the 3DS if it would include flipnote hatena.

No, DSi Flipnote is not compatible with 3DS. A 3DS specific version is coming in the future, though.

Neo C.

AndyMoogle said:
Am I the only one who can't access the eShop yet? I'm still getting the 005-5819 error code. I can use the browser just fine, but I can't get into the eShop. So annoying.
No, see my posts in different threads. Same error code.

ZZMitch

GAF, I got 20 bucks and want to get the best the eshop has to offer!

What say you?

Also, is there a way to see all the stuff or am I just blind?

Zerokku said:
Started out the DSiWare Transfer before going to the eShop...

Pikmin!!!! So the 3DS is powered by them.
I was literally like "HOLY SHIT THERE ARE PIKMIN ALL OVER MY 3DS" :D
I really love them.

I need to do the transfer somewhere else though. The internet is too slow here. And I'm not sure what games to transfer. I'm a bit on the fence with my Artstyle games :(

FoxHimself said:
I still can't access the damn shop. Still getting errors. Anyone :(
Are you in Europe? If so, I'm going to assume they won't be fixing the connection problems today. I'm in Sweden and I haven't been able to connect all day. Downloading the update and using the browser have worked just fine, but I always get that same error code while trying to access the eShop.

bumpkin

Can anyone confirm what specifically about Ridge Racer 3D the update "breaks?"

At any rate, love the update; especially the 3D videos from E3. So much better than the "2D footage..." nonsense we've been subjected to up until now.

GeekyDad

Eh, just curious...how do I get the videos off of my home menu when I'm done with them. I don't see an option to delete them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lazybones18 said:
So how are Alleyway and Radar Mission?

Are they worth purchasing from eShop?

Alleyway is an incredible old, incredibly simple Arkanoid (no powerups, for example) clone. It is visually ugly and not particularly enjoyable to play. If you like Arkanoid, there are better options. If you don't, you won't like this. So basically, unless you bought all the totally garbage Wii VC games just to experience the trash, there's no reason to play Alleyway.

I was having trouble earlier then did the DNS trick and also turned on UPnP on my router and now its running fine. Downloaded all the E3 videos, everything looked awesome and more excited to play these games than what vita has to offer. Good job nintendo

Loved the E3 3D video trailers in the shop! Starfox looks awesome.

Bought Super Mario Land, never played it before. Was happy that I could use my debt card without any problems (don't live in US).

So if/when I decide to upgrade to larger SD card, I can transfer my downloaded stuff, right?

Internet browser sucks. The browser on my bargain bin Nokia phone is miles ahead of the 3DS browser. It's faster, and supports flash!

I Push Fat Kids said:
Anyone else tried the FROM THE ABYSS $2 loot games? They seem alright...

I had the full card release that Stump linked to. It starts out okay but there is literally no variety in the game at all. It got boring and tedious fast. I don't recommend it.

Naked Snake said:
So if/when I decide to upgrade to larger SD card, I can transfer my downloaded stuff, right?

Was wondering how this works also, and can you transfer the files already on the SD card, because I think ridge racer saves to the SD card if im not mistaken

dvolovets

Damn, the one way transfer thing is pissing me off. I can't decide what I want to do, but my decision may change one way or another based on the answer to this question: do DSiWare games look significantly worse on the 3DS than on, say, a DSi XL? I would prefer to not play them in the native resolution because I think the screen size is way too small that way.

Top Bottom