• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ancient Aliens] Nvidia 364.47 driver issues

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I just installed the new driver. I disconnected my second monitor, installed the driver, rebooted, and everything seemed to work fine. I then plugged in my second monitor & got a BSOD. Rebooted, and another BSOD before I could even reach the desktop. Unplugged second monitor, rebooted... Everything is fine. I guess I'll go without a second monitor until they issue a hotfix, but this is a weird one.

Damn, so even following their suggestions it still jacked huh? Well, thanks for sharing, I was debating installing the new drivers, and following their instructions. I'll definitely just wait.

Gattsu25

Banned
Tecnniqe, I wish I saw this thread earlier but I don't go to the gaming forum daily.

As an FYI for the people in OT I made a thread there

Gattsu25

Banned
https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/706943318874148864
nYa2zZV.jpg

iNvid02

speaking of fucked up updates, a recent kb update from Microsoft has screwed up something with usb, after my xbone controller disconnected (e.g after finishing playing) my PC would begin to beep continuously and not register mouse clicks, I could move the cursor fine and navigate via keyboard but something was clearly wrong and only a hard reset would recover it.

traced it back to the KB3140743 update, remove that and you'll be ok

speaking of fucked up updates, a recent kb update from Microsoft has screwed up something with usb, after my xbone controller disconnected (e.g after finishing playing) my PC would begin to beep continuously and not register mouse clicks, I could move the cursor fine and navigate via keyboard but something was clearly wrong and only a hard reset would recover it.

DUDE. I thought my pc was dying or something.

charpunk

You are my favorite person ever right now. This happened to me a few times in the past week or so and I was freaking out.

Neo_Geo

Banned
I was finally able to install this set on my home PC that has a dual monitor setup (Plasma via HDMI and LCD via HDMI->DVI-D), but even after a seemingly perfect clean install I am getting an issue where the PC will freeze randomly. Could be 10 minutes after boot or 2 hours. Hopefully a hotfix will be out by early tomorrow, may have to roll back to 362.00 and see how they perform on The Division.

Gattsu25

Banned
I was finally able to install this set on my home PC that has a dual monitor setup (Plasma via HDMI and LCD via HDMI->DVI-D), but even after a seemingly perfect clean install I am getting an issue where the PC will freeze randomly. Could be 10 minutes after boot or 2 hours. Hopefully a hotfix will be out by early tomorrow, may have to roll back to 362.00 and see how they perform on The Division.

For people who installed the drivers and want to revert back to older drivers just to be safe:
Use safe mode with networking, then download and run this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
After restarting, download and run the 362 driver installation: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Restart again

The division will still run on nvidia GPUS even if you don't have a driver for it right? From my understanding, a driver isn't necessary, it just enhances performance

I'm running a dual monitor set-up and didn't see this thread before updating a few hours ago.

When the inevitable failure and blue screen happened, I resolved it by going into safe model and updating the driver through the Windows Device Manager.

Sympathies to everyone affected.

I'm keeping mine at 362 (which I just upgraded now lol). I was at like 360.

I'm running a dual monitor set-up and didn't see this thread before updating a few hours ago.

When the inevitable failure and blue screen happened, I resolved it by going into safe model and updating the driver through the Windows Device Manager.

Sympathies to everyone affected.

updated to 364.47?

jrcbandit

OMG, thanks for this info. I thought my CPU overclock had become unstable or something worse. I already lowered it from 4.6 Ghz to 4.4 Ghz to achieve stability and everything was working fine for more than a year until I installed this update.

As for Nvidia, good thing I didn't update drivers because I am running multi-monitors. You'd think they'd take down the update considering dual monitors isn't exactly uncommon.

Branson

Holy shit dude. Thanks

Shit...I wish I saw this on Gaf before installing it. BSOD every second and then restarts. I don't have dual monitors. I'm using DDU right now and hopefully it will fix the issue.

Corpekata

Banned

Hah.

I had just gotten a new mouse and thought maybe it was related to a driver crash of conflict from it.

Henrar

It always has. Been using it since I bought two 980Tis (June 2015)

GSync+ SLI + DSR, that's something new this said.
Yeah, I have G-Sync monitor and DSR option appeared in settings. I didn't see it before so I assumed it never worked with SLI

Grassy

4K works for me. Plus, now, I can run Gsync + SLI + DSR.

Fuck yes!!! I thought they were never going to fix this issue!

EDIT: Works beautifully. The new drivers also installed with no problems using 'Custom' installation and 'Clean install'.

curlycare

Installed these out of curiosity yesterday, no problems so far. Though I haven't dared to connect my second monitor yet. GPU is 970. Wonder what combination triggers the problem.

dr_rus

Wait, this thread was created in the fucking morning and the fucking update is still live? Really?

Nvidia, Really?

The driver seems to be working fine for lots of people.
They should probably stop pushing it through GFE though.

What's "PSA" btw?

Sykotik

I installed the update yesterday, and was one of those affected with the crashing. Went into safe mode and reinstalled, yada-yada. Thought it was fixed.

But, now I have screen tearing on chrome and youtube videos.

=/

Rootbeer

Banned
haven't installed it, will wait or an updated driver, but it's disconcerting that they leave these drivers up on their site when they know of the issue.

I feel like that's very unprofessional

bugs always exist, but this is pretty serious and lots of people are reporting having experienced it.

decided to risk it and try updating last night, and it looks like I dodged a bullet. which is good, because my drivers are like six months old.

I would kiss you right now if I could

TheGrue

haven't installed it, will wait or an updated driver, but it's disconcerting that they leave these drivers up on their site when they know of the issue.

I feel like that's very unprofessional

bugs always exist, but this is pretty serious and lots of people are reporting having experienced it.

I just hit Check for Updates in GFE and it removed the installation offer of the driver.

Cleve

980, dual monitors. I can't run division fullscreen without the screen flipping the fuck out or just not displaying anything.

Holy fuck, thank you. I'll uninstall it tonight.

Pachimari

I have a triple monitor setup and I saw the update pop up yesterday. I didn't install because I were in a hurry but normally I do. Now I'm afraid to go into GeForce Experience in case it'll auto update.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I've been having issues these last two weeks due to some driver causing that problem and I had to go back to v335, it was the solution. I have Windows 10 and thought it was the problem.

wowzors

My computer goes black screen and makes the disconnect and reconnect sounds for a device. Is this what you are talking about? If so, THANK YOU.

This has been driving me nuts.

Top Bottom