• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK Tweets about GTA V on PS4.

GTA.png

https://twitter.com/SonyUK/status/372429317978214400

T6AvnZI.gif

Rashid

Banned
Think about the way they've worded it. It'll be amazing, ESPECIALLY on PS4. This suggests it's on other consoles as well (the ps3).

Liamario

Banned
If they delete the tweet, it's confirmed. If they don't, then the info is out there.
Of course, it could just be a typo.
If it's not though, is the tweeter going to be looking for a new job?

This kinda pisses me off, especially if it's a typo. If it's true, awesome, I'll just switch my preorder...

But they planted the see that it's coming to PS4 now, and I feel like cancelling my preorder anyway thanks to that. I'm not rich and I sincerely don't feel my buying my games twice.

I think we deserve a formal statement by Rockstar saying either "We're working on a PS4 port" or "We have no intentions of releasing a PS4 port at all"... It's our money and the least they could do is tell us if they intend to make us buy an inferior version due to shoody marketing practices.

I'm not buying a game twice because someone manipulated me , even if they make an "upgrade the the next-gen version" program.

I mean , Kojima kept us in a dark for a while , but he ended up confirming MGSV on Next-Gen, I had the choice between Preordering games like AC4, Watch Dogs, BF4, etc for a while on both consoles so they better not release the PS3 version, then announce a couple of months later "PS4 version coming in a month"...

All they are going to accomplish with their schemes is that I won't buy GTA5, I won't buy Beyond Two Souls, won't buy Dark Souls 2 on PS3 (ordered it on PC already), just because they can't tell me if it's the only version planned or if they have a next-gen version in the works. I don't even get the appeal of keeping that kind of stuff from us gamers ? Do they fear people will skip the game altogether and get it in 3 or four years used when they get the new hardware ?

It's such a missed opportunity too. Having GTA5 on PS4 as a launch title would move alot of consoles... Even it's it's a barely optimised port with only better antialiasing and 60 FPS. We're all waiting for that Launch Killer App, and a barely optimised GTA could be just that.

Just can't wait for this generation to end... It's long overdue for new hardware.

Sez

Everybody with common sense knows that GTAV will come to PS4/X1.

Why? because of the DLC. Release DLC (just like GTA$ dlc) for GTAV on the old consoles in 2-3 years makes no sense and the sales would be low.

Even if everybody buys GTAV now, in 2-3 years many of us won't have the old consoles anymore.

EDIT: It won't come this year, that's for sure. But a probably date would be together with the PC release in 6~ months.

Liamario

Banned
If you look at the tweet that was being responded to, it being a typo seems less likely-

@SonyUK I am looking 4ward 2 be playing GTA5 MIAMI - Can't wait and with a bit of luck on My #PS4 if i can sing "GET LUCKY" via u

@mrxmas123 GTA V is going to be amazing, especially on the PS4! What other games are you looking forward to playing, Norman?

Rashid

Banned
Like Xbox 360?

Obviously. But they wouldn't mention 360. They say it'll be amazing especially on PS4 (along with the PS3).

But it's more likely to be an uninformed PR rep making a mistake and just assumes something as big as GTA V will be on their next console.

lol the guy in charge of that Twitter account probably doesn't know too much about videogames and just assumed GTA V was coming to PS4. Either that or he made a typo.
By the way, they retweet everything, so the fact that they retweeted that other tweet means nothing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think it's a typo, but I do think Sony have similar quality men behind their twitter like the MS ones that were fucking details up constantly.

This kinda pisses me off, especially if it's a typo. If it's true, awesome, I'll just switch my preorder...

But they planted the see that it's coming to PS4 now, and I feel like cancelling my preorder anyway thanks to that. I'm not rich and I sincerely don't feel my buying my games twice.

I think we deserve a formal statement by Rockstar saying either "We're working on a PS4 port" or "We have no intentions of releasing a PS4 port at all"... It's our money and the least they could do is tell us if they intend to make us buy an inferior version due to shoody marketing practices.

I'm not buying a game twice because someone manipulated me , even if they make an "upgrade the the next-gen version" program.

I mean , Kojima kept us in a dark for a while , but he ended up confirming MGSV on Next-Gen, I had the choice between Preordering games like AC4, Watch Dogs, BF4, etc for a while on both consoles so they better not release the PS3 version, then announce a couple of months later "PS4 version coming in a month"...

All they are going to accomplish with their schemes is that I won't buy GTA5, I won't buy Beyond Two Souls, won't buy Dark Souls 2 on PS3 (ordered it on PC already), just because they can't tell me if it's the only version planned or if they have a next-gen version in the works. I don't even get the appeal of keeping that kind of stuff from us gamers ? Do they fear people will skip the game altogether and get it in 3 or four years used when they get the new hardware ?

It's such a missed opportunity too. Having GTA5 on PS4 as a launch title would move alot of consoles... Even it's it's a barely optimised port with only better antialiasing and 60 FPS. We're all waiting for that Launch Killer App, and a barely optimised GTA could be just that.

Just can't wait for this generation to end... It's long overdue for new hardware.

Maybe they will have a transition program where you like battlefield and call o duty can get the digital next gen version for 10€ if you buy your copy on current gen.

I knew Sony cashing in Agent was for more than that crappy GTA V / Headset PS3 bundle, will double dip.

In Yoshida and timed GTA V next gen exclusive We Trust

If you look at the tweet that was being responded to, it being a typo seems less likely-

@SonyUK I am looking 4ward 2 be playing GTA5 MIAMI - Can't wait and with a bit of luck on My #PS4 if i can sing "GET LUCKY" via u

@mrxmas123 GTA V is going to be amazing, especially on the PS4! What other games are you looking forward to playing, Norman?

The person they are responding to is nigh unintelligible.

Last week: "Sony apologises for GTAV PS3 leak details".

This week: "Sony apologises for GTAV PS4 leak details".

:p

Honestly just think it's a typo.

Top Bottom