• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did you try to catch out a scum hammer Czartim?

I was going to do that with Gorlak but my balls aren't big enough.

squidyj

Well clearly scum are at their computers constantly refreshing and in communication so the only reason they didn't jump on that sub 1 minute window was because either melon or czartim are scum.

QED

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

melonrabbit (3)
Haly 1245
CzarTim 1251 1252
CzarTim 1263
Kyanrute 1264

squidyj (1)
melonrabbit 1248

Gorlak (1)
squidyj 1176

Haly (0): Gorlak 1200 1203

CzarTim (0): squidyj 1172 1176

No active vote for Day 4: Gorlak (has previously voted)

Day 4 ends:
gra_1487282400.png

Automated vote tally here

4 votes for majority

Day has ended. Please standby for result

DAY 4 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

melonrabbit (4)
Haly 1245
CzarTim 1251 1252
CzarTim 1263
Kyanrute 1264
squidyj 1268

squidyj (1)
melonrabbit 1248

Gorlak (0): squidyj 1176 1268

Haly (0): Gorlak 1200 1203

CzarTim (0): squidyj 1172 1176

No active vote for Day 4: Gorlak (has previously voted)

Day 4 Postcount: CzarTim 48, Gorlak 32, Haly 24, Kyanrute 22, melonrabbit 33, squidyj 17

4 votes for majority

Haly

Yeah this is taking too long. Spoder is prepping end game post.

OH WELL I THREW THE GAME

In-Flight Menu and the Benefits of Being Proactive in the Modern World

kVWrjqa.gif

One by one they went, and the spaceship got quieter and the people got lonelier as the Heart of Darkness Mark I hurtled even further away from Earth. Forlorn, the humans' hope clung tightly upon the vague promises made by the Alien Spider that they would be returned home if they could just eject the impostors amongst them. Accusations and mistrust blossomed between the happy friends as the Alien got only fatter by days.

Soon, there were only six of the passengers left. One jumped up, all of a sudden, and declared: "No more wines! Wines are no longer allowed in front of me!"

The others, startled, nodded rapidly in agreement.

"Let's dump all the WINES into space and that'll help us out a bit, at least!" He marched ahead. "Only water from now on! Water is good and healthy and free! All of these in-flight menu prices are ridiculous, I say!"

"They hiked it up so much! I can get the same brand half price or even less at my local supermarket!" Another piped in.

XKVu1Nb.jpg

They found some stairs that led down. They argued that would be where the wine cellar was. Sticks were drawn and one person was sent to investigate. For some reasons, this person was trembling with great fright, though she was only being sent to inspect the storage of overpriced alcohol.

8dkNq0X.gif

Down she went. And immediately, she was in the lair of the Alien.

RtfIHtq.gif

"Well, it's nice that meals are so proactive, these days :>"

melonrabbit has died !

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, melonrabbit, you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Day 4 has ended

Day 5 rises:
bla_1487368800.png

DulZ0Dy.gif

Haly

It's Gorlak Squids... has to be.

Wait... NIGHT?

z5yvWcm.gif

Diet is Die with a T

An expression of ethereal and unfathomable wisdom dawned upon the fatted up face of the Alien Spider. With a clarity of the ages, it understood that it had come upon the threshold of scarcity. It was staring down at the desert of death, otherwise known as Diet. As softly and as delicately as it could, it promptly threw a tantrum on board of The Heart of Darkness Mark I.

"There were five last night. Then...? Then there was four this morning!"

"That's because you ate one! Remember???"

LZIS8CB.gif

"No! No, I don't remember! Don't make me!"

"It was Kyanrute!! You ate him! You did! I SAW YOU!"

"..." The Alien Spider frowned. "Of course you saw me. You're the one that brought him to me."

"..." The human-looking alien shuffled his feet. "...Yeah, well! I'm just saying!"

Kyanrute has died !

Town 1-Shot Cop

Welcome, Kyanrute, you are a Town 1-Shot Cop.

Abilities:

Once at night, you may investigate a player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Town, Antitown or No Result.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

qoDSAsK.gif

"Yes, so, ... anyway, ...you promised each of us one, as a reward at the end of this terrible journey, and there's two of us and the last two of them, and we've been working very hard since we left Earth, and that was like... days ago. DAYS." One of the human-looking aliens explained.

"Virtually hundreds of hours ago. HUNDREDS. OF. HOURS." The other one chimed in.

"Like, at least... 120 hours ago. If it's been 5 days." The first one responded, nodding sickeningly.

"..." The Alien Spider pulled a face. For a second or two, it battled inwardly not to deign to reply and engage in the pettiness of the discussion... and lost. "You didn't have to convert it to hours. Geez."

"Whatever. So, we're going to eat ours. You have eaten so many. You are now fat."

"Who are you calling fat! ROOD!" The Alien Spider cursed and raised many limbs in protest.

The monster wasn't the only one raising protestations! The last two humans pleaded and begged for their lives, too! Poor Gorlak and Haly ! A harrowing scene unfolded!

BejOJae.gif

But no matter what, the two human-looking aliens went on ahead to gorge themselves on their chosen meal. Soon, the Alien Spider could only sigh in envy as it watched over the two alien friends painting the walls red with the blood and remains of their victims, dragging along their fallen comrade's pincers as they danced their victory struts all over the space ship.

One wrote: "VICTORY IS OURS. EAT IT, HOOMANS."

The other: "NO BARDS!"

The End.

jf3qBQh.gif

Gorlak has died ! Gorlak was a Vanilla Townie !

Haly has died ! Haly was a Vanilla Townie !

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, Gorlak/Haly, you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

CzarTim wins ! CzarTim was a Mafia Goon !

Mafia Goon

Welcome, CzarTim. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, Crab and squidyj.

Abilities:

Factional communication: here.
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain equal or more than town numbers or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

squidyj wins ! squidyj was a Mafia Roleblocker !

Mafia Roleblocker

Welcome, squidyj. You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partners: Crab and CzarTim.

Abilities:

Factional communication: here.
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Roleblock: Each night phase, you individually may perform a roleblock on another player in the game. You cannot block and kill in the same night.

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain equal or more than town numbers or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia faction wins! Congratulations, Crab, CzarTim and squidyj !!

Game has ended

pxuiF84.gif

Closing statements to follow. Thank you all for playing !

CCS

Banned
I just want to take this opportunity to point out that my D1 trio of scum reads was two of the scum team (squids and Crab) and the SK. Y u no listen? :p

Haly

Lol three strongest players rolled scum fucking legit.

No wonder I felt so alone.

Haly

you say that like it couldn't happen.

It's true, it could. There's feasibly a Crab/CzarTim/Haly scum team but of course I won't argue for it. It's not unheard for scum to call out their own members' mistakes as a kind of first-strike bus. I think it happened in... Bloodborne? When it works it works rather well.
I got fucking trolled.

Game Impressions

Yay, my second mid-season game \o/ Firstly, thank you bats and timea for bringing mini set up into gafia :D I really enjoyed Mini 1 and I hope you all had some enjoyment in Mini 3, as well. And thanks for letting me run Mini 3, too <3

OKAY, I will go Day by Day!

SnpqhqC.gif

Day 1

So, Mini is a semi-open set up and it was very interesting to see the maths and the mechanic of Mini Mafia appeals to the gafia players who prefer standard games. In Mini 1, Day 1 was exhausted with peeking vs no peeking discussion, and ended with a scum getting lynched, because the top lynch candidates had been scummies. Mini 1 was very active so those with lesser presence came up on top as wishy-washy and uncommitted, and town picked up on these signs acutely.

Mini 3 was a different town, and different scummies. In contrast, the scummies in Mini 3 are active and talkative, thereby denying town of an easy scum lynch. Instead, town lynched a somewhat low key player, Lone Prodigy. Mini 3's Day 1 last minute swerve was one of the most ridiculous lynch train I've seen in the history of Gafia, tbh.

Night 1 saw two deaths. Scummies were on point with getting rid of one of the Masons, batsnacks, who is also, in my opinion, one of town's leaders at the time (along with his partner, Kawl). The other death was Ourobolus, who was doing his D1 thing (read: being vague) and he had come up second when the lynch trains formed at the end of D1. Timea, the Serial Killer, took ouro out... I think with the hope of selling the kill as a vigilante kill the next day. This isn't a bad play (from Timea's perspective). Town was now down two, but a glimmer of hope shone through the 1-shot Cop, Kyan. He copped Timea and got a red check. Well done, Officer Kyaa!

Day 2

D2 was played over the Friday/Saturday period and was a little slow at times. Kyaa dropped his gambit and roleclaim and generated a lot of discussion around Haly and Crab and Timea. Eventually town managed to lynch the SK, and though this was good for town, it was also good for scum. As we enter N2, scum was in a favourable position to win.

Night 2 saw the death of the innocent child, CCS. Now to be honest, I was fearing how CCS would fare as the pivotal role of confirmed townie in Mini 3 due to cee cee's prior performance in Pop and Zelda. He was building this reputation as someone who wasn't particularly dependable as town with his overly social playstyle. But, ceecee actually proved me wrong, and he showed me that he has a whole other side that we have yet to see. He was analytical and his gut reads were actually on point. So I wasn't surprised when ceecee died. Not surprisingly, town carried on without going back to analyse what ceecee had picked up during D1... Ah, gafia town :D

Intermezzo
Now, here, I must interrupt to apologise for the change back toward the standard Gafia majority rule. This was raised in scum thread, but I should have also known better and I should have read Mini 2 to gain whatever lessons that could have been applied in Mini 3 prior to launching Mini 3. My bad!

So, what happened in Mini 2 at the end-game was that Splinter (the last scum) NK the last ordinary townie, leaving him and the Innocent Child as 1 vs 1. Since Mini was operating on no No-Lynch policy and Plurality Rule, it was supposed to go to a coin toss since 1 vs 1 was a tie vote. However, resolving that through a coin toss was against the spirit of the game as it devalues the efforts and skills of a player. As in, Splinter had to have done a lot of work to get to that 1 vs 1 stage at the end, and to then relinquish the victory to the whims of RNG would definitely not be a fair call.

The standard Gafia majority rule operates on the ability of opting for No Lynch in the event of a tie, and therefore mafia would have won anyway by nightkilling the last town player. Therefore, I moved Mini 3 away from the Plurality + no No-Lynch rule set from Day 3 onwards. I apologise for the mid-game change. I could have let the game gone on hoping that the tie situation wouldn't eventuate, but then that's putting the balance of fate on the shoulders of the scum players, and I wasn't comfortable with that.

ANYWAY. A spider sincerely apologizes. A spider played in Mini 1 and just made assumptions everything was perf and hunky-dory. Lessons learned! I will provide notes for future Mini gamerunners as well so we can adapt what worked and what didn't for future Minis.

Post-Game Edit: Turned out that we never even got close to a tie situation... But a spoder would prefer to err on the side of caution :3

BACK TO THE GAME!

Day 3

Day 3 was a swift and eventful day with Crab claiming he was the real cop and that he had checked three people, Ouro, Czar and Kawl. However, only two nights had passed and Crab was swiftly cooked.

Kawl also came out as the other Mason, here, putting out strong vibes that his suspicion was mainly on Gorlak. I was thinking that it would have been really cute if it had been intentional, so that he wouldn't be NKed because scum still needs that 1 mislynch, but.... turned out he was legit scumreading Gor :3

Crab's sacrifice also solidified Czar and to a lesser extent, squidy's, towniness. It was bold play. It was lovely. It was delicious :D Thank you for your sacrifice, Lord of Pincers \o/

Scummies had a choice between killing 2 confirmed townies in Night 3, Kyan or Kawl. Czar decided that he no longer wanted to play with a toddler, so that was that for lil Karl. Great choice from scummie's perspective, seeing that it further hobbled town's ability to coalesce around a confirmed town player. RIP Kawl.

Day 4

We are now entering a dangerous play field where there were only six players left, with two scummies and four townies. One mislynch and it's GAME OVER for town. Czar is well embedded in town's mind as a pro-town player, and squidy's riding that fine line of being disagreeable and yet not-scummy-enough very well. On the other hand, town has players that weren't townie enough and the combination of town-not-being-townie-enough and scums-being-townier-than-towns spelled a dangerous precipice.

Amidst the high-octane flurry of posts*, Haly and Gorlak managed to be awake and did some deep soul-searching scumhunting. Unfortunately, they were mostly awake at different times... CURSE YOU, TIMEZONES. And the scooters you rode in on! CURSE YOU. And double unfortunately, for some reasons... they ended up mostly at each other's throat :D? (Which was when I went to finish writing this biggu post... lol) Even when squids dropped a vote at Gorlak! A VOTE! AT MYLO! And yet Haly and Gor were too in love with each other to notice a sneaky scummy sea creature. They were probably too busy rekindling the love they shared during their KGB days :D

Alas. Poor Yorrick. And that was how the cookie crumbled!

*lol

End-Game

Summarizing~ I think MMMCTTT is a tough roll for town, plus the cop hitting SK was also another bad luck draw. Both sides had good players, I was excited to see Ouro, bats, Kawl as potential town leaders, and Timea as SK (again) smelled like... fated :D And of course, I was excited with Mini 3's scum team. You all might think maf got lucky with their three members but once you read the maf thread (thread opened - thanks Retro!), you'll see that timezones plague them just as much.

I hope some enjoyments were had :) All in all, I wanted to see if some aspects of Mini 1 could be replicated if the same game design ran again in GAF, such as:
1. Plurality Rule - Disabling of No Lynch - 10 posts per day: Worked OKAY in Mini 1. I didn't even anticipate that it wasn't going to work anymore, but now that I've run Mini 3... I dont think this works as is. A tie in Plurality Lynch rule would lead to coin flip and I don't think mafia game should be decided by RNG, so I believe in Majority Lynch.
2. Accelerated Phases: I liked 48/24 phases in Mini 1, I think it still works in Mini 3? Your feedbacks, pls.
3. High Activity Level: Mini 1 had HIGH activity levels, Mini 3 had spurts of active windows, punctuated with long inactive intervals. Not sure the reasons. Time zones may be one of them, but... Mini 1 must have had timezones too??? So, maybe it's just different composition of players? If there's any thing that can be done about this, pls let me know :D
4. Small playerbase - Fast game: Mini 1 took 8 days to conclude and Mini 3 wrapped up in 11 days. It's nice and quick :D Gafia mid-seasons have been pretty long so I like the small and fast nature of mini mafia. This one still rings true, I think.

Mason Thread

Scum Thread

Spec Thread

So yeah, that's it for Game Impressions from me :) And, now, on to Players' Impressions!

Haly

I spent all game setting up a cop claim, go to bed and wake up to Crab bad claiming cop :(

Yeah that was... yeah. I mean I even saw you setting up the cop and then lul Crab lul.

Tim with that cover up tho.

Player Impressions

I was very, very excited about Mini Mafia 3 line up. Lots of really good players who have established their quality as mafia players, at least in my mind sphere :). Whichever way RNG rolled, I was sure Mini Mafia 3 was going to get good teams on either side(s). So, thanks again for signing up and playing, you lot :D

wbCnYsD.gif

1 batsnacks (Mason)
An active and fun player, and can be unpredictable. Bats is known to be able to lead and vocalize opinions well, whichever side he's on. Always a delight to have as a player <3 Bats exited early (N1) in Mini 3, which was unfortunate but not surprising since he was one of the more pronounced thought shapers during Day 1. I consider bats one of town's strongest players in Mini 3. He knows how to read what is genuine and what comes across as 'put together'. When he picked up on how odd Crab interacted with CzarTim during Day 1, I was veritably impressed. It was a hit on the nail on their w/w interactions and it gave town the trail it needed to chomp at Crab’s heel all the way through. Very keen eye, much awesome play. If there was a weakness in bats game, his interactions with Gorlak showed that it coloured his deductions severely as his scummie picks were Haly, Gorlak and melonrabbit :D

2 CCS (Innocent Child)

CCS surprised me and a couple of specs with his gameplay in Mini 3. He's usually less analytical and more of a social player. There was a mention in the previous mafia thread that you only need to be nice to CCS and he won't scum read you. But he showed me an entire other side here. In fact, his gut reads were really good. He kept picking the right scummie vibes from the right people during Day 1 and 2. He needs only to have more conviction in his intuition and he'll be a much stronger player in the future, I think. All in all, if he continues to improve on his mafia skills, I’m going to be one that watches out for CCS in the future :)

3 Crab (Goon)
Our Dear Leader is always impressive to me. He's versatile in both the social and technical aspects of the game. He is able to form conversational flow and direct what kind of suggestion and direction a path should take. If you wanted to see how good he was at persuasion, just read Harry Potter. He was able to convince town entirely of what he wanted them to buy, even when he was found with his hand in the cookie jar. As town, he's clued in acutely. He was able to pick up scummie signs in DR1 and in Pop, before he was cut off by the respective scum teams. In Mini 3, he again demonstrated that he is an experienced player with how able he was in dealing with constant pressure and continuous suspicion, a skill that most new mafia players seem to lack.

4 CzarTim (Goon) – Scum MVP
Czar is one of my favourite players :) Maybe I'm biased since he's also the only other one that would commiserate with me whenever we reminisce about Star Wars ... lol. He's conscientious, active, rational, quirky and very, very fun. He's super dependable, and he's one of my top picks of Gafia’s strongest players. He’s amazing as both town and scum, and he is a highly social player who is very engaging and enjoyable to play with. From the 3 scummies in mini, I thought he played the smoothest of smooth criminals :D To the surprise of no one, Czar is my Scum MVP for Mini 3, but I think all three scummies played exceptionally well. One was scummyish (Crab), one is teetering the line (Squids), and one is town-as-fuk (Czar). Finally, a team that would deliver Crab’s first victory in Gafia XD

5 Gorlak (Ordinary) - Town MVP
Gorlakitty! Passionate, engaged, talkative… Gorlakie is one of the more vocal players, and his posts are usually charged with emotions and energy. He loves interactions and he spends a lot of time forming theories and putting together suspicions of his own initiatives. Gorlak is a hound and he can be in your face and he asks a lot of questions and he’s pretty full on at times, and what’s not to love about all of these when he’s on your side? :D Mafia is a game in which contents must be generated by its players so I appreciate Gorlak’s playstyle. He’s out there doing the pokings so the game has to confront its own need for player interactions. Moreover, he would present his theories to town and generate lynch potentials. Again, in a game where it can be a waiting game on who says what and when, a little pro-activity is appreciated for miles and miles. The only thing Gorlak can improve on is probably the ability to detunnel. But, I understand, once you tunnel, it’s hard to get out of it… I tunnelled on Zeke all game long in Archer, and even after he claimed and no one counter claimed I didn’t quite let up…lol. In any case, the ability to detunnel in a tiny game like Mini is even more crucial. Gorlak shares Town MVP with Haly for Mini 3 (reasons with Haly's section).

6 Haly (Ordinary) – Town MVP
Corgicat :D I fell for Haly during and after Archer. I was so demoralized when he kept himself away from our community since I’ve seen him around GAF sometimes and he always has the best opinions and the most corgiest of tastes. Haly shares the Town MVP for Mini 3 with Gorlak as they are the two that kept trying to pull together a semblance of hope that town would see reasons... Too bad they targeted each other. He’s analytical and but was also able to read the ‘flow’ and change of tones from the previous days. He forms his reads on both social and mechanic grounds and he’s tenacious. A shame that he was mostly read as ‘dodgy’ by the remaining townies at the end-game stage. If Haly had possessed the powers of persuasion like Crab (who he seems to be very fond of XD), I think he would have probably influenced a slightly different result. One thing I would say though, I enjoyed watching Haly played the way he used to before that lasting scar from Archer. Love corgi <3

7 Kawl_USC (Mason)
Lil, young Karl :D When Kawl’s playing well, he’s a strong player. In Mini 1, Kawl was a vocal town leader and straight off the gate, he was able to employ ‘peeking’ as an effective discussion point. I was expecting similar playstyle in Mini 3, but Kawl can be a bit of a front-loaded player. He would come on strong on Day 1, but occasionally he would taper off. In Mini 3, he had the highest post count at D1 (90 posts) but only 30 in D2. Melon picked this up and became concerned. Change in behaviour is important to manage in mafia game. If he hadn’t attained an aura of ‘almost confirmed townie’ by his uncountered claim as Mason, a change in behaviour like a stark drop off would have triggered concerns from the other players. Regardless, Kawl was nightkilled after his claim and we never got to see how Mini 3 town would have fought their end-game if scummies had decided to go Kyan route instead. Personally, I look forward to playing with Kawl again :D

8 Kyanrute (1x Cop)
Kyaaaa~ Underneath kyaa’s quirky manner of speech, there is a very rational and very clever player. I really enjoyed Kyaaa’s style :D He’s super entertaining and incredibly ballsy. Kyan’s playstyle is highly effective, and has worked for ordinary town, town PR, and scummies. He alternates between shit posting and legitimate mafia analysis. Though it is debatable that his gambit achieved what he had wanted it to, I could see his intentions with trying to maximise what could be gained from his piece of information. He wanted to gauge reactions by faux-redchecking Haly. At the end-game stage, though, I think Kyaaa should have done a little more since he was a confirmed townie ...because the others were obviously not confirmed and were in need of someone to look up to, for direction and guidance. But, we have yet to see Kyaaa’s form as a town leader, so, maybe that’s one thing that we will witness in the future :D I hope Kyaaa would have come to better peace with the Cop role after experiencing it in Mini 3… XD

9 Lone_Prodigy (Ordinary)
Boo~ Poor Lone ProdeeBoo. He got lynched with one of the hardest swerves I’ve seen to date in Gafia history, and batsnacks almost sealed his fate but then he bungled his vote… There was a glimmer of hope! A coin toss! But alas! NO. RIP boo ; __ ; Boo is underrated as a player and he has a low key playstyle but he’s a good player who has yet to disappoint, in my opinion. He is also level headed and he can really read others well. Just look at his flavour in his games, he wouldn’t be able to come up with cute insights and humour about our players if he hadn’t been paying attention to the people he’s been playing with :) (in fact, his intuitions can be really scary, sometimes! In mini 1, he hot reads all three mafs and that’s why he was taken out during the night…. ALL THREE!) One of my favourites <3 I look forward to playing with Boo again one day :)

10 melonrabbit (Ordinary)
Melon can be very fun and very cute! But I noticed that she has been voicing more and more frustrations during the past three games or so. Maybe melon is better suited for PR roles as ordinary townie can be a lonely post to play. She also is an emotional player and this could be used against her by an experienced manipulator scummie. Melon was grace under fire in Mini 1. I had such fun playing with and against her there! No matter how hard she was under pressure, she would not stop fighting. The Plurality + No Lynch rule was also in effect in Mini 1, and though I had claimed (faux)cop with a red check on melon, we couldn’t turbo. So, melon had to sustain my barrage for 2 days straight and she ….didn’t give up. She didn’t bail. She didn’t stop posting. She didn’t ‘silent treatment’ the game. She was GREAT. I always think back on the memory full with fondness and kudos for melon :) In Mini 3, she was a little busy with RL, so we didn’t get to see a full return of a formidable melon, but I definitely keep watching for melon’s future plays \o/

11 Ourobolus (Ordinary)
Ouro is great fun :D You guys should all sign up to his Gafia 3, which is coming after DR3 wraps up. His games are well thought out and the flavour is always, always delightful :D Ouro left Mini 3 pretty early, as he was shot by the Serial Killer on Night 1, but had he survived, I think he would have been an absolute asset to town. With Ouro, as with a few of other gafia players, when they are TOWN, if you give them some materials to analyse and some time to process the game, they return your investments in spades at the later day phases... Of course, when they are not TOWN, you don’t really want to be giving them that much breathing space :D Ouro can be a bit hard to read at times but he’s a player who will never waste your time playing with him. Even when he runs gambitses that you don’t quite understand, his interests are very much for his faction’s victory.

12 squidyj (Maf RB)
The Squid :D Squid’s a favourite. He’s sharp and funny and he’s smarter than he is showing you. He’s one of the few players that use abrasiveness as a tool to play mafia. And he’s actually good at it. He doesn’t overstep the mark (these days) (there was once… but twas a long time ago and this isn’t a yarn about those times, now), and is able to maintain a game perspective of his conduct. Outside the games, he’s very different, but during mafia, he is one that doesn’t shy away from employing pointed language to elicit emotional response from his fellow players. On top of his ability to play the abrasive card, he’s an all-around complete player. He’s experienced and when he plays, he’s always engaged. Some people play to have fun, and that’s fine, but there is a marked difference between those that only play for funsies and those that play to win because winning is where the real fun is. And I think The Squid belongs to the latter group.

13 Timeaisis (Serial Killer)
Timea :D I would say that Timea belongs to the low to medium level of posting playstyle, quite underrated. He has been with gafia since S1, where he was town MVP in Crab’s game! In Mini 2, he rolled SK and died D2, and the same again in Mini 3. LOL. What are the chances :D He chose 1-shot BP here but he drew enough suspicion on D1 that attracted a cop check on him. Maybe he should have upped his posts in D1 to generate more townie feelingy? Maybe next time! One thing for sure, though, when he’s your team mate, he doesn’t let you down. He has good reads and good intuition, if curious, see: NX at the end-game stage (at that time, it was unfortunately not heeded by town… ) I definitely always look forward to seeing more of Timea in our games :D

The Replacements
1. Verelios
Vere! Sorry that we couldn’t quite fit you in but thank you so much for signing up :) I have faith that your win/lose ratio will improve in 2017! VERELIOS FIGHTING!!
2. Sophia
Princess Roboto <3 Though Mini 3 was lucky enough not to have needed any replacements, sophsoph actually followed the game faithfully and even made reads list for her own. Just in case she would need to jump in * ___ * She’s just a-mazing * ___ * I played with sophsoph in Mini 1 and I definitely look forward to teaming up with her again in the future!

Closing Statement
So that’s a wrap! :D I had fun and I felt like I have learned a new thing or two from you all about how to play better in the future… for when I play again :D Any criticism, comments, love letters, let me know!

Congrats to the winners and thank you everyone for playing!

////\o/\\\\

JwI19Zl.gif

-

woah u guys wrapped this up just in time. i have like 10 mins to spare before a 3 hours meeting. lol

squidyj

I felt pretty favored most of the game. 1 real mislynch to lose the game (day 1 mislynches are more likely to happen than not) is pretty punishing for town.

I suppose it would have gone better for town if we hadn't lucked into killing a mason n1.

Haly

Was the Crab "sacrifice" intentional? Yn makes it sound like it was intentional but it felt like Tim picking up Crab's pieces.

squidyj

Yeah that was... yeah. I mean I even saw you setting up the cop and then lul Crab lul.

Tim with that cover up tho.

it was at that point that I was like "lets just do dumb shit for the rest of the game, I can't pretend I was holding back and trying to avoid attention anymore"

I still stand by my checks though. =D

CzarTim

Was the Crab "sacrifice" intentional? Yn makes it sound like it was intentional but it felt like Tim picking up Crab's pieces.

he claimed while we were asleep, I woke up to him begging us to catch his mistake before town did. I was not expecting him to do that.

Haly

Next time:

1) If crab doesn't die N1, he's scum
2) If Czartim is alive, he's scum
3) If squidy isn't a rabid dog (and you really weren't this game, I had a post all prepped up to accuse you of being too laid back for town!squid but I stepped away, cooled my head off, and deleted it, regret), he's scum

EDIT: I'm sorry for being mean to Gorlak and melon with my tunnel.

Top Bottom