• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
UNVOTE

Need to go and think on this. I want to vote Kyan for being a dick, though. False-guiltying town is never a good gambit. Every few months, someone thinks "hey, this is a great idea", and they're FUCKING WRONG. Scum knows who town is; they know that this must be a fake-out, so they're not worried. It doesn't catch anyone off guard except a townie, and the most likely thing they'll do is claim if they're a PR. It is an absolute bloody stupid thing to do.

Kawl_USC

In what world do you not lynch a claimed red check

Scum for sure have a blocker

They can just Sit in kyan the rest of the game and kill others. Him being alive isn't a statement one way or the other it's just opening yourself up for wifom

We lynch kyan or we lynch time

No other acceptable option.

And I think lynching kyan is the wrong choice of the two

Kyanrute

"Scum if haly is scum" is a pretty ironclad statement made twice in a row telling me you think you have the whole scum team found if haly is wolf?

Some qualifiers would be nice there bub.

put lean somewhere in there if you fancy

i was writing that while reading the reactions on the thread and did not even proofread it really because I know people get antsy when they don't get the explanations right away

Kawl_USC

UNVOTE

Need to go and think on this. I want to vote Kyan for being a dick, though. False-guiltying town is never a good gambit. Every few months, someone thinks "hey, this is a great idea", and they're FUCKING WRONG. Scum knows who town is; they know that this must be a fake-out, so they're not worried. It doesn't catch anyone off guard except a townie, and the most likely thing they'll do is claim if they're a PR. It is an absolute bloody stupid thing to do.

Yea this is where I'm at. Not pleased but I think kyan is legit. Gonna go for a bike ride and reread reactions when less peeved.

Timeaisis

Well, obviously I know you are lying, kyan.

But even so. town didn't gain anything rom that gambit. Actually you probably confused town more and made scum more knowledgeable.

So either your pulling another stupid gambit or your scum.

squidyj

Okay.

Vote: Crab

There's no point in lynching Kyan today. If he survives until tomorrow we can tell if he's lying. If he doesn't survive, then we'll have our confirmation.

why would scum kill him? he's shot his credibility on some bullshit so unless we lynch one of his supposed checks we have no confirmation and no real reason to trust him.

Kyanrute

UNVOTE

yawn

meh

CzarTim

In what world do you not lynch a claimed red check

Scum for sure have a blocker

They can just Sit in kyan the rest of the game and kill others. Him being alive isn't a statement one way or the other it's just opening yourself up for wifom

We lynch kyan or we lynch time

No other acceptable option.

And I think lynching kyan is the wrong choice of the two

yeah I'm with you

You forgot 5.: mafia know their own roles, so they know how many Ts town rolled, so they are likely to be able to work out whether a claim is safe or not. It could be mafia know there can't be a cop, and are claiming a cop because it won't be counter-claimed. By bussing scum Haly as a claimed-cop with no counter-claim, Kyan would be given complete and total town confidence, all the way to end-game.

Ballsy as fuck, but I think our scum have played well so far - we have no real leads outside this claim.

No, not necessarily. My scum experience in Mini 1 says other wise. While we had more information than town at the start it was still difficult to determine if PR claims were legit.

Kyanrute

UNVOTE

You think that scum are some perfect superhuman creatures who react perfectly to every situation. I don't think it is the case. In reverse, your townies are dummies who panic on the 1st sign of trouble.

and fuck the tone, seriously

squidyj

kyan is full of shit. the gambit was bullshit, this timeaisis thing is bullshit, everything he says is bullshit. I damn near guarantee you that as soon as votes pile up on time kyan will be like "lol jk"

CzarTim

if kyan is town and doing another false red check, he's basically throwing the game. I can't do anything about that.

If he's scum, once again why change the gambit half way through? Not many were doubting it.

What the fuck is happening?

What can't mafia just be mafia???

:(

Why all this confusing bullshit. Y'know, my small little heart and tiny melon can't take it.

You really are a bunch of A-holes.

UNVOTE

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
why would scum kill him? he's shot his credibility on some bullshit so unless we lynch one of his supposed checks we have no confirmation and no real reason to trust him.
This is a fine point. I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen. I want to go back to where I was before. Lynching Crab and observing Time. Kyan adds... something to the latter but not enough for me to want to press on it today.

latest

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is a fine point. I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen. I want to go back to where I was before. Lynching Crab and observing Time. Kyan adds... something to the latter but not enough for me to want to press on it today.

so you have a claimed cop claiming a red check against a player fos'd by a dead man from D1

and your priorities are me

haly, I know I'm sexy, but even I'm not that sexy

Haly

I have no desire to untangle the gordian knot that is kyan's double deckered claim.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I have no desire to untangle the gordian knot that is kyan's double deckered claim.

luckily i'm the alexander of mafia here to do your knotcutting

either A) lynch Kyan or b) lynch Time

ta-daa

knot solved

Haly

Hey if someone manages to figure it all out and makes a convincing argument I'll change to Time. I was looking at Time, due to crab's prompting, anyway so I'm fine with changing my vote.

Also:
guy is claiming a red check on you and you still think he's town
WHAT NOW KAWL?

Kawl_USC

Hey if someone manages to figure it all out and makes a convincing argument I'll change to Time. I was looking at Time, due to crab's prompting, anyway so I'm fine with changing my vote.

Also:

WHAT NOW KAWL?
Two dumbs doesn't make a smart

Haly

YOU THOUGHT I WAS SO CRAZY BUT WHO'S THE CRAZY ONE NOW?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to go to sleep. Tomorrow, I'll return to what I wanted to do before this ridiculous derail, which is focus on the events from the fourway tie in the dying hours of D1, there's a lot of material to work with there. Accordingly, I'll leave my vote until I've thought it over, but spiritually my vote is on Timeaisis.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (3)
CzarTim #634
Haly #638 #739
squidyj #651 #785
Timeaisis #675
CCS #676 #678
Haly #798

Timeaisis (2)
Kyanrute #783
Kawl_USC #795

Kyanrute (1)
Haly #739 #798
squidyj #785
Crab #788 #789
Crab #792 #801

Haly (0): Kyanrute #688 #777, melonrabbit #720 #816

No active vote for Day 2: CCS (has previously voted), Crab (has previously voted), Gorlak, melonrabbit (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
gra_1486850400.png

Automated vote tally here

Plurality Rule In Effect (means no turbo)

CCS

Banned
Just caught up on this evenings play.

I buy Kyan. Like 90% belief.

Simple vote as a result

VOTE: Timeaisis

squidyj

if kyan is town and doing another false red check, he's basically throwing the game. I can't do anything about that.

If he's scum, once again why change the gambit half way through? Not many were doubting it.

ugh fine, I want to see what kyan has to say when this blows up in his face.

Vote: Timeaisis

Haly

I probably won't be be here for day end as I will be on the train to a birthday party.

I will probably have enough time to throw a vote... for Time, at around 8-10 hours from now.

MAKE YOU CASE OR REQUIESACT IN PACE

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Timeaisis (4)
Kyanrute #783
Kawl_USC #795
CCS #827
squidyj #829

Crab (3)
CzarTim #634
Haly #638 #739
squidyj #651 #785
Timeaisis #675
CCS #676 #678
Haly #798

Haly (0): Kyanrute #688 #777, melonrabbit #720 #816

Kyanrute (0): Haly #739 #798, squidyj #785 #829, Crab #788 #789, Crab #792 #801

No active vote for Day 2: Crab (has previously voted), Gorlak, melonrabbit (has previously voted)

-

Day 2 Postcount: CCS 12, Crab 19, CzarTim 23, Gorlak 2, Haly 35, Kawl_USC 30, Kyanrute 33, melonrabbit 17, squidyj 16, Timeaisis 13

Day 2 ends:
gra_1486850400.png

Automated vote tally here

Plurality Lynch ( means NO TURBO )

Gorlak

Banned
Looks like Kyan pulled a thing. Anyone suggesting lynching him instead of his check is suspicious to me. There is literally no benefit in lynching a supposed cop who came forward without any pressure on him. If his target doesn't end up "antitown", he is a goner, so he has no reason to lie - apart from that gambit of course.

Timeaisis' reaction does not look good given that Kyan was lying at first. I have a pretty good feeling about Haly and how he reacted towards all that nonsense.

Follow the cop. I doubt Kyan would lie, I deem him as good enough of a player. There is no incentive in fake cop claiming for him except to save crab as was highlighted from someone else.

Gorlak

Banned
After my first readthrough, I got the following impressions:

Kawl was working numbers hard, discussed everything and is a sane member of not lynching cop claim.

Tim was the first one to highlight squidyj' falsy logic. Who in turn becomes more suspicious, but up to a point which could be too much off an anti position to warrant a scum behind it.

Crab's shaky, and undefined point of view feels off as he normally would be more precise and firm.

Gorlak

Banned
Speaking of Crab I think he's more likely to be mafia than not.

But I will have to reread who brought up that theory of crab trying to divert attention from himself with that suspect jump from Ouro to LP. Was it Timeaisis? Something to keep in mind and come back to tomorrow.

Haly can you elaborate why lynching crab today solves the riddly around Kyan and Timeaisis? I don't seem to understand the point you are making.

---
Looks like the only one not standing out is melonrabbit. I have my eyes on you. I wasn't able to relate to your argument against LP and since then you somehow vanished, kind of coast through this game. Feels very neutral-ish.

Gorlak

Banned
Will look over the scenario post during the next 2 hours, because I wasn't able to focus on them yet.

CCS can you please give your impression of everyone reacting to Kyan? You made it clear you believe him 90% and are willing to follow, but what do you think about the others? Anything standing out? Someone feeling distant or trying to avoid certain topics?

---
Short summary:
Scum:
Timeaisis (very unlikely that it's Kyan instead)
Crab

SK:
melonrabbit

weird:
squidyj

less weird:
Kawl
CzarTim

town-ish:
haly

Bro, I wish I was the SK. Be way more interesting. Wouldn't screw it up like Bronx, that's for sure.

Let's see where this leads us.

CzarTim

I agree, looking back Haly's reaction was very good. I think you can literally see him going through the seven stages.

CCS

Banned
Will look over the scenario post during the next 2 hours, because I wasn't able to focus on them yet.

CCS can you please give your impression of everyone reacting to Kyan? You made it clear you believe him 90% and are willing to follow, but what do you think about the others? Anything standing out? Someone feeling distant or trying to avoid certain topics?

---
Short summary:
Scum:
Timeaisis (very unlikely that it's Kyan instead)
Crab

SK:
melonrabbit

weird:
squidyj

less weird:
Kawl
CzarTim

town-ish:
haly

Sorry, been very busy today and am likely to be rest of the day. Will have a look and post if can but can't promise anything.

Timeaisis

Crab and I are not a scum team. I've had my vote on crab since the beginning of the day. Either you think I'm really hardcore bussing him, or one of us isn't scum (and I bet you can't guess who it is!)

Lynch crab today. If I survive the night, I'll roleclaim and you'll get the full picture. If I die, you'll see my role and it'll all make sense. Either way it probably ends in a kyan death, because he's lying too. It is interesting what kyan has attempted.

Now I'll entertain myself with propositioning that kyan and Crab are the actual scum team.

? He [Time] was one of the main vote targets yesterday?

I'm wondering if scum!time has a pr and scum!crab tried to swing the vote to oreo. When it backfired he switched to lp.

Yet when he could've been voted out, the votes did not show up. Now the light is again being shone at him but the votes are landing on Crab. I guess I am looking at where people want to go after Crab or whomever.

Hmm...interesting he's trying to figure out who would be next to vote out after Crab. As if he's trying to figure out who he should claim red as fake cop.

hmm this all is moving rather slow

so maybe

hmm

so remember day one when you saw that CCS was da innocent child

did anyone think back then that the game was fucking rigged

well

i thought that the moment i got my role pm

VOTE: Haly

Fellow humans and human impersonators, my name is Officer Kyaa and I hate my job.

I checked Haly last night. Red.

Discuss~

First, he tries haly. Haly has a pretty geniune, good first impression, some suspicion, but not a lot of votes. It kind of backfires and people are breathing down kyan's neck. It even leads to a kyan vote. It also leads to a lot of arguments.

So then, he decides, hey everyone was about to lynch time anyway, let's go with time.

ok so i am getting bit of a headache and it is getting late somewhat, want to zzz at somepoint and besides gorlax everyone had a chance to say things

so who is ready for part 2

UNVOTE

Because while content is good, I know town can be dumb. I might need time to convince you all that I am not the idiot you might think I am.

VOTE: Timeaisis

oh and karl why so mean you dont even know if there is a point to this

there might be

And here we are. You know the rest, because everyone is more than happy to vote me. Fine, I get it. It is interesting that Crab went from almost sure lynch to now not so likely.

That's all.

Hope you guys figure this out.

Kyanrute

Crab and I are not a scum team. I've had my vote on crab since the beginning of the day. Either you think I'm really hardcore bussing him, or one of us isn't scum (and I bet you can't guess who it is!)

Lynch crab today. If I survive the night, I'll roleclaim and you'll get the full picture. If I die, you'll see my role and it'll all make sense. Either way it probably ends in a kyan death, because he's lying too. It is interesting what kyan has attempted.

Now I'll entertain myself with propositioning that kyan and Crab are the actual scum team.

Hmm...interesting he's trying to figure out who would be next to vote out after Crab. As if he's trying to figure out who he should claim red as fake cop.

First, he tries haly. Haly has a pretty geniune, good first impression, some suspicion, but not a lot of votes. It kind of backfires and people are breathing down kyan's neck. It even leads to a kyan vote. It also leads to a lot of arguments.

So then, he decides, hey everyone was about to lynch time anyway, let's go with time.

And here we are. You know the rest, because everyone is more than happy to vote me. Fine, I get it. It is interesting that Crab went from almost sure lynch to now not so likely.

That's all.

Hope you guys figure this out.

I mentioned the increased interest in yourself because I got the feeling that some scum might plant the seeds of distrust towards you for your eventual lynch, since you did get some attention on d1. And I also went for the low-hanging fruit of "mabby someone openly defends time", nobody did but like I said, wasn't that much of a chance with that one.

The Kyan-Crab thing will be interesting. Maybe we both survive the night and scum try to get us both lynched on consecutive days. Maybe not. But when you flip, does the Kyan-Crab-Time team make any sense? Would've been lots of role playing for sure. But there is so much to consider in this scenario that I think some fact would just make it very unlikely to be the case. Would the scum know the rng and the roles in the game and thus be able to pull this fake cop gambit? I guess the reasoning for it would be that before I claimed, Crab was about get a new necklace and Time had some heat on him but still. If the scum team knew the roles, would there be a sk? If yes, they would not go for it, would they...

Million things to consider in a scenario that is not true since I am the law and you are not. But Crab, what is his alignment? loldunno

Gorlak

Banned

This is your argument against a possible scum team with crab? You were the fourth to do so, why would it be a "hardcore" bus?

Lynch crab today. If I survive the night, I'll roleclaim and you'll get the full picture. If I die, you'll see my role and it'll all make sense. Either way it probably ends in a kyan death, because he's lying too. It is interesting what kyan has attempted..

I don't even... what? If Kyan is town and lying, he's basically throwing the game, any other scenario warrants your death, you should see that.

Kyanrute

I don't understand. Can you elaborate please?

I'm just speculating about scenarios that might not even exist because I haven't done the math nor will I. The specific one was such in which scum could, by knowing MMM and their own roles, get the info that they could / might be able to pull of a fake cop claim. IF there was such a scenario, would there be a SK in it too? IF there was a SK, why would scum ever then pull this gambit, when in course of the gambit someone might speculate about the gambit being a scum gambit.

I know, it is a bunch of nonsense and that was the point as I wanted to illustrate that I think that a Kyan-Crab-Time team seems very unlikely (I know I am town, I was just speculating from a outside POV). Of course since I did not bother with the math, I can't be sure if this is the case.

Timeaisis

This is your argument against a possible scum team with crab? You were the fourth to do so, why would it be a "hardcore" bus?

I don't even... what? If Kyan is town and lying, he's basically throwing the game, any other scenario warrants your death, you should see that.

I was for lynching crab yesterday as well, if you recall. I also outlined why he's a good lynch today. Hell I'm still voting him even now. Why would I be promoting a crab lynch if we're both scum? Either one of us is not scum or we are the worst scum team ever.

To the second point: what is kyan is not town and lying?

Haly

Haly can you elaborate why lynching crab today solves the riddly around Kyan and Timeaisis? I don't seem to understand the point you are making.

I wasn't making a point. I wanted to lynch crab because the kyan/time thing was just not appealing at all as a puzzle and I wanted to pretend it never happened.

Top Bottom