• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact its the same knee he injured before at the least suggests it could be precaution rather than a fact he's out for months or needs surgery.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
However, if Rollins turns out to be out for WM, the official OT thread should really state:

"Seth Rollins out for X months with knee injury due to brutal Samoa Joe headlock"

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
http://streamable.com/bj1ae
Apparently Joe ask
"Are you ok?"
To which Seth replied
"I hope so."
Can't really hear Joe asking though.

fuck, that sucks. that take down looked so awkward. I wonder why joe would ask if he was okay in that situation, not sure how he would know seth fucked his knee up unless he heard some sort of legit reaction to the injury from seth. terrible.

on a positive note though, so happy to see Naomi is getting a title shot. It's time to give her the belt already. I don't think they'd have her lose in her hometown but who knows.

The Smackdown tag division is in a pathetic state. Holy shit. That random brawl was pretty dumb and felt like jobber city. They desperately need some tag talent from NXT.

They've done this whole thing so many times at this point. That division is downright awful on SMackdown depsite having good talent.

Kaladin

What happened to Lu season 3 no one talks about it.

I would probably still watch it, but El Rey is hard to sub to. I can't justify $20 / month for Sling just to get that.

Plus they only put seasons up digitally on iTunes which is one of the worst video services out there if you don't have an Apple TV.

I still maintain the belief that the brand split was an awful move that killed the Womens and Tag divisions

I think it's a 50/50 (no pun)

On one hand it allowed some guys to really flourish (AJ, Miz) but on the other it really diluted talent pool overall. It brought up too many people who were green

I still maintain the belief that the brand split was an awful move that killed the Womens and Tag divisions

There were two sides when the brand split was announced: those excited, and those worried everything that happened every other brand split would happen here

Once the SD world title goes transitional and has its second change in a full month, it's officially everything that happened every other brand split having happened here

If the two merge again and are ever split again, it's happening again and I hope that time is the time people don't get their hopes up

Pikma

Banned
This one is pretty cool

"I have heard the fun facts about my career, but when it comes down to it, I want to be in one piece when I get home, cash that paycheck and come back and put on the best match," Orton said. "I have been blessed. I'm a third-generation [wrestler]. I said, 'Hey Dad, give Vince [McMahon] a call. I want to give this a shot.' Yet guys like this [pointing to AJ Styles, who was standing next to him] were busting their ass for years.

"But all those little facts and accomplishments, they are cool. All of that is important to the fans because it should be. But once it's important to me, I become one of those big-head egos. It's a family back here."

Women's division has 4-5 angles going at the same time now so nope, you're wrong about that one

Sephzilla

Yep, funny enough SD has the weaker side yet is better than RAW and this was before Mickie.

Tag Teams? Fuck man.

the brand split was mostly good for the midcard titles and main event picture, but the tag and womens divisions didn't have the depth to be split like that. Raw's womens division is Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha, and Nia Jax. And Smackdown's womens division isn't much deeper either.

And the SD tag division is the drizzling shits

Women's division has 4-5 angles going at the same time now so nope, you're wrong about that one

You could still have 4-5 angles going without the brand split though. The brand split just means shit is going to start getting stale and recycled fast because the lack of depth means fewer possible angles

fuck, that sucks. that take down looked so awkward. I wonder why joe would ask if he was okay in that situation, not sure how he would know seth fucked his knee up unless he heard some sort of legit reaction to the injury from seth. terrible.

on a positive note though, so happy to see Naomi is getting a title shot. It's time to give her the belt already. I don't think they'd have her lose in her hometown but who knows.
Wrestlers always lose in their hometown but I can't see Alexa's title reign going past Wrestlemania so I think there's a chance Naomi wins provided the feud isn't filler.

Kaladin

472%20-%20don_west%20gif%20high_five%20mike_tenay%20tna.gif

puma-mundo-awesome-handshake-bro.gif

Foggy

LU getting off El Rey and away from AAA could be just about the best scenario. Skeptical on both, but it's what it needs going forward.

Just saw the Seth news. :(

If HHH really needs to have a WM match, I wonder if they'll pivot into HHH being mad at Joe for injuring talent and Joe becomes an uncontrollable monster for the next few weeks or something.

I think it's a 50/50 (no pun)

On one hand it allowed some guys to really flourish (AJ, Miz) but on the other it really diluted talent pool overall. It brought up too many people who were green

Splitting entire rosters was dumb, get the gals in one and the tags in another, it wasn't hard to do.

Also, fuck at this Seth news man, like, holy shit if he ends up missing a second Mania in a row I'm even more concerned about the dude's morale.

The tag team turmoil thing needs to end with AA winning but then Shane or Bryan announcing there's one more team for them to face.

And then we hear 'SAY YEAH'

American Alpha lose the belts to Revival but with the context that they were exhausted after fighting so many teams beforehand so they don't look weak.

Kaladin

Finally a legit way to watch the Johnny Mundo vs Ricochet All Night Long match. One of the best Iron Man matches.

Pikma

Banned
Raw's women's division is literally 4 people right now.

It might be too little too late, but I'm still fucking happy
And before the brand split? It was still 4 people:

Charlotte, Sasha, Becky and an open spot for whoever they felt like shoehorning in for the month

The rest were stuck in meaningless tag matches for life

Barrage

The brand split has been a net positive. They just needed floating champions for the World, Tag, and Women's.

Sephzilla

And before the brand split? It was still 4 people:

Charlotte, Sasha, Becky and an open spot for whoever they felt like shoehorning in for the month

The rest were stuck in meaningless tag matches for life

So not much has changed?

They should merge the Tag and Women's divisions again and make each one exclusive for each show. Raw is going to get incredibly stale since it's roster is literally just 4 or 5 women, and SD's is already the drizzling shits. Merged divisions at least give the possibility of things not getting completely stale.

jmdajr

Splitting entire rosters was dumb, get the gals in one and the tags in another, it wasn't hard to do.

Also, fuck at this Seth news man, like, holy shit if he ends up missing a second Mania in a row I'm even more concerned about the dude's morale.

Forget the knee, yeah. Mentally it has to be a fucking pile driver.

Kind of what happened with Texans Running back Arian Foster. One day he just said, "Fuck it, I'm done. I literally can't do any more rehab."

Top Bottom