• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/programming-schedule
Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Panel

Get an exclusive look at the latest news and updates surrounding the year-long celebrations of Street Fighter's 30th anniversary. Expect sneak peeks at all the products and titles being developed, updates on the Capcom Pro Tour, and a few surprises as well!

Saturday April 1, 2017 2:30pm - 3:30pm
The timing fits for the next character reveal.

Bigg_Oggy

Opened this thread for the first time in a long while and saw this linked so I tuned in... and now I see him fighting Bigg_Oggy in a lobby. So there's Juri and I get to see Kolin in action, good shit.

Edit: Oh shit that magic pixel comeback.

Lol the moment you post this, I start cracking.
Holy shit that was fun!

MrCarter

Opened this thread for the first time in a long while and saw this linked so I tuned in... and now I see him fighting Bigg_Oggy in a lobby. So there's Juri and I get to see Kolin in action, good shit.

Edit: Oh shit that magic pixel comeback.

Yeah thier sets were very entertaining. Good stuff.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/programming-schedule

The timing fits for the next character reveal.

Nice! Still hope we get stuff this month too but it seems unlikely.

Lol the moment you post this, I start cracking.
Holy shit that was fun!

Your Juri is hype! You should enter tournies man.

MCD250

With it being SF's 30th anniversary and all, what do you guys think are the odds that the new character will be someone from SF1 whom we haven't seen in a minute? Someone like, I dunno, Geki or something?

I expect the new character to drop alongside the balance patch, so probably end of April.

Xeteh

With it being SF's 30th anniversary and all, what do you guys think are the odds that the new character will be someone from SF1 whom we haven't seen in a minute? Someone like, I dunno, Geki or something?

I expect the new character to drop alongside the balance patch, so probably end of April.

Unless they changed their minds all of the characters aside from Akuma in S2 are supposed to be new.

Pompadour

They killed Geki off in the SFV blog for some reason so it won't be him, at least.

Ryce

I doubt it; the next silhouette doesn't remotely resemble any of the neglected SF1 characters.

kJ5IpgA.png

mbpm1

Christ I hate wake-up Super/CA, the stench of desperation.

I prefer blockstring ca's

do move that's - > CA their punish attempt

Her command dash ice dagger goes through projectiles, and her hail projectile nullifies other projectiles if they touch her hand as she does the motion. It would be far too much if her V-Skill also dealt with projectiles.

Kolin players already spam that move a lot. If it went through projectiles on top of everything else it would be way scrubby.

Yeah thier sets were very entertaining. Good stuff.

Nice! Still hope we get stuff this month too but it seems unlikely.

Still got another two weeks to go. I guess we will know this week. As long as they let us know if stuff is gonna get pushed back, it's whatever.

Ryce

I still don't see that glove in those silhouettes this black image came from...
Here's a more accurate overlay of the silhouettes:

eMPWSeR.png

If he's not wearing a glove then it's some sort of wrist band, but it looks more like a glove to me.

Village

I like sombra, she might be my favorite female character in overwatch just in terms of playstyle and personality.

I like going invisible and snatching folk's powers

Bigg_Oggy

My bad, I almost jinxed it! Good games, that was a fun watch.

Thanks guys! I'll probably look into tournaments after I'm done with school (which will be in May). I've never played in a tournament before. My match with automattock had my heart pumping, I can't imagine what it would be like if I was sitting right next to him.

Skab

Its not happening this season, but I would like to see Retsu return someday.

mbpm1

Yeah, I think Village has a point there

Unrelated but I was thinking about V-reversals and wondering what it would be like to have more v-reversals.

Like, you spend more meter, 2 , or 3 bars, to get a better v-reversal. Maybe your two bar version would be throw invincible.

That might cause some inequaility with characters with three bars though, but they already have to spend more time building it anyways.

I keep hitting a wall with charge characters. Like, getting to the more intermediate stuff takes so much out of me for charge times. Rog is the only one that isn't difficult, but doing things with Bison and Urien makes it hard to stay on the offensive.

But Necalli. Man, Necalli? I don't have that problem. I can just play like a nut and get what I need to get out.

Meid to be hated

Any time the opposing team picks that character I cringe.

Bigg_Oggy

A lot overwatch talk going on in this thread.
I thought Mei was cool until a teammate's icewall got me killed. Simple mistake right? It happened three more times...
You suck Mei!
You're okay Mei, just stay off my team.

Village

Listen,
Griffith
did nothing wrong.

In fact, what he did unified the people. Utilitarianism at work.

He totally broke the bro code though.

He literally threw everyone under a murder buss, and sexually assaulted someone because he was jealous of the person that person was with so he can get a bird suit.
Spoilered not because of spoilers but rather sensitive material

Griffith did everything wrong. He did everything wrong.

I hope he dies. forever

But berzerk will never get there. The true ending to berzerk is Im@s apperently

kirblar

I'm not sure you can give a counter-heavy character like Kolin really good combo damage and make her fun to play against- her counters do grappler-level damage and feel awesome because of it.

Femto.

Spoilered not because of spoilers but rather sensitive material

Griffith did everything wrong. He did everything wrong.

I hope he dies. forever

But berzerk will never get there. The true ending to berzerk is Im@s apperently

I mean it all in jest, but I loved this character until he, well, you know.

The bolded? You speak the truth.

StewboaT_

So I decided to go ahead and double dip on the pc as I refuse to pay for plus anymore. Had a lot of fun and the netcode was surprisingly awesome. Playing with a xbone pad is def pretty awkward tho.. Can't wait for that dualshock dingle to arrive.

What's the best site to go to for mods?

Village

I mean it all in jest, but I loved this character until he, well, you know.

The bolded? You speak the truth.

The last chapter of berzerk is Haruka Amami waking up from a weird dream

So I decided to go ahead and double dip on the pc as I refuse to pay for plus anymore. Had a lot of fun and the netcode was surprisingly awesome. Playing with a xbone pad is def pretty awkward tho.. Can't wait for that dualshock dingle to arrive.

What's the best site to go to for mods?

Let me hook you up brotha

Here, it triggers a false positive on virus stuff so , its fine
This DA group
This subreddit

So, uh, what about that March content update/drop?

If we don't get info this week, I'd considering it not coming.

Which is ass, because it was an every other month thing. At least let us know if that's gonna happen.

Capcom probably considers the April patch notes "new information."

AFAIK, they said "content" and not "new information" as the standard for an every-other-month thing.

Ryce

AFAIK, they said "content" and not "new information" as the standard for an every-other-month thing.
They said "new information and content," which they might mean as one or the other or both depending on the month. I've conditioned myself to expect the worst when it comes to SFV marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom