• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump threatens to ‘totally destroy’ North Korea.

2MF

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/world/americas/united-nations-general-assembly.html

If the United States is forced to defend itself or its allies, “we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” President Trump told the gathering.

In his address to the General Assembly on Tuesday, Mr. Trump denounced North Korea and its leader, Kim Jong-un, saying the nation “threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of life” as a result of its nuclear weapons program.
Continue reading the main story

“If the righteous many don’t confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph,” he said.

Mr. Trump emphasized that it was against the interest of the entire world for North Korea — which he called a “band of criminals” — to obtain missiles and nuclear weapons.

“Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself,” he said of Mr. Kim.

But the president also said America would act alone if needed. He emphasized an “America first” agenda, and said that while the United States would “forever be a great friend to the world and especially to its allies,” his primary responsibility was to Americans.

“As president, I will always put America first, just like you as the leaders of your countries will always — and should always — put your countries first,” he said. — MEGAN SPECIA

Advance my clock to midnight if old.

The senators knew something we didn't when they upped the military's budget? Wouldn't surprise me.

This is Trump so always remember that grain of salt

Sephzilla

xaLoj1K.gif

He emphasized an ”America first" agenda, and said that while the United States would ”forever be a great friend to the world and especially to its allies," his primary responsibility was to Americans.

”As president, I will always put America first

But North Korea isn't a thread to the United States.

Rocket Man, burning out his fuse up here alone.

Zukkoyaki

How about posting what was actually said as the thread title rather that blatant clickbait.

If the United States is forced to defend itself or its allies, ”we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea," President Trump told the gathering.

Calderc

More bluster. He's like the guy in a bar egging you to punch him knowing full well the bouncer is standing right there.

snap

Banned
I wonder if this is the same sort of thing where Bush was sold on the Iraq War by slides that included Bible quotes.

Instead this time instead of a staff member trying to sell the president it's alt-right dipshits online and instead of BIble quotes they're using pro-Trump memes

god it physically pained me to type that out

RPGCrazied

Who uses words like destroy as President? This man scares me. A war is coming, and I hope his supporters are fucking happy.

slit

To be honest, what he says is true. If they made the first move NK would be destroyed but that's why they won't make the first move.

Dangerous stuff. Kim just will not listen and will fire more missiles that is for sure. And a very clear line had been drawn from the states. Any threat = game over.

In one respect I am giving Trump some points for drawing a line, it needed doing. Problem is we know it's going to be broken. And what has been agreed with the hawks that constitutes a threat?

This is where I get worried. Having said what had been said, there is only one action open. I expect to see a devastating non nuclear first strike. If anything is left standing and a nuke hits South Korea all bets are off. One thing is certain. Lots of dead innocent folks.

The destabilising effects will make the end of Gulf War 2 look like fun time in the playground.

RM8

Trump truly is the American Kim Jong Un. Except Kimmy is more evil than stupid, while Trump strikes a nice balance of evil and idiocy.

Stop giving the NK regime ammo to indoctrinate their people even more.

Putin chastised Trump for doing shit like this recently. It's stupid. Everyone in the world knows that harsh rhetoric like this is fuel on the fire and exactly what the regime in DPRK wants. Everyone except Donald and the dumbasses he surrounds himself with.

War raises approval ratings so this is all he's got.

Also while it is mildly amusing that he called KJU Rocket Man, there's no reason to bait that man with taunts.

cameron

“If the righteous many don’t confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph,” he said.
On many sides, Charlottesville need not apply.

And calling Kim Jong-un "rocket man" in settings like the UNGA is dumb.

Kurdel

Banned
This is the kind of speech dictators give at the UN general assembly.

Humiliating Kim on the worlds stage is the dumbest thing the US can do.

Top Bottom