• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

MG310

I like the DC Multiverse figures, but I kinda wish they weren't squeezing a Batman into every wave. But that one did look good from the pics I've seen. I don't think I've seen that Rookie wave yet anywhere, though.

I think only the Wonder Woman movie wave didn't have a Batman. Though I think that the Clayface wave that's coming out soon won't have one, either, unless they haven't revealed it yet. But it does have other Batman characters. Which I'm okay with. Just getting a bit tired of buying some many Batman's...and no one in my area seems to want them, so it's all that I can find.

I've seen the Jim Gordon Batman in 5 or 6 different Walmarts. Every single one had the King Shark piece stolen.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the DC Multiverse figs... I have a bunch of the build of figs parts that I don't want. If someone wants any of these, just PM me and I'll send them to you. All I ask is to cover the shipping costs.

I have available...

Doomsday Head
Doomsday Waist
Killer Croc Torso (No jacket)
Killer Croc Arms (Jacket)
Killer Croc Right Leg
Gordon in Bat Armor Right Leg
Gordon in Bat Armor Left Arm
Steppenwolf Torso
King Shark Torso

LiK

FFFFUUUUUU I had some fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards over the past few days. I bet it was Haloid.

*sigh* Card company is taking care of it, but I have to wait for the new card. Already put out a Fraud Alert and everything.

We've all been there. At least your CC took care of it.

WolfStark

Except for the part where it is straight up theft.

If you bring something back that is clearly not the same but they still take it back, how is that theft though?

Never encountered this in Germany but not getting your item is mainly the fault of the shops and especially Hasbro. They simply don't produce and distribute their stuff right. That's the reason why I now import literally anything, because I don't get what I want, despite living in the biggest city of the damn country.

Messi

If you bring something back that is clearly not the same but they still take it back, how is that theft though?

Never encountered this in Germany but not getting your item is mainly the fault of the shops and especially Hasbro. They simply don't produce and distribute their stuff right. That's the reason why I now import literally anything, because I don't get what I want, despite living in the biggest city of the damn country.

Because you are still stealing the new product? It's not that hard to understand.

WolfStark

Because you are still stealing the new product? It's not that hard to understand.

Correct me if I am wrong but the definition of theft is not "buying a product and bringing a different product back to get your money back". It's basically "Taking a product out of a shop without paying for it". If anything the correct term here would be fraud but since I don't know about the laws in the US, I don't even know if that applies here, because it's the staff members job to check the product, before handing out the money.

Bii

Correct me if I am wrong but the definition of theft is not "buying a product and bringing a different product back to get your money back". It's basically "Taking a product out of a shop without paying for it". If anything the correct term here would be fraud but since I don't know about the laws in the US, I don't even know if that applies here, because it's the staff members job to check the product, before handing out the money.

In the US, it's called return fraud.

We've all been there. At least your CC took care of it.

First time I've ever had to deal with it. It's a little bit scary at first, honestly.

I had a Falcon to pay for.

oh, well then.

In the US, it's called return fraud.

Huh. Didn't realize there was an actual name for it. It doesn't help that Walmart doesn't give a shit or isn't familiar enough with their products to prevent it.

Wife and kid went to a baby shower so I spent a good hour dusting and doing some rearranging and reposing.

XtrfMPc.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

How can you expect someone working the customer service counter in a store to know which costumes Rey wore in what movies?
How would you feel about someone swapping a PS3 for a PS4 Pro or a Wii U for a Switch?

1upsuper

If you get away with, say, grand theft auto, you still committed grand theft auto by the definition of what grand theft auto is, even if you were not suspected, accused, or found guilty of grand theft auto. Your actions are not retroactively changed once you are caught or found guilty -- they're just legally defined.

Olengie

The person who did the switcheroo even took Jedi Training Rey's equipment and it was just Jakku Rey.

I was surprised. I didn't think it would happen to my local Wal-Mart.

WolfStark

How can you expect someone working the customer service counter in a store to know which costumes Rey wore in what movies?
How would you feel about someone swapping a PS3 for a PS4 Pro or a Wii U for a Switch?

Nah, I never said that I agree with that practice, I feel the same like anyone else, it's wrong. But I still expect a staff member to see a difference between the item but of course if the costumer service is seperated from the rest, that's different.

@1upsuper
Yeah but as we found it it isn't theft but fraud. I know it's nitpicking but stealing a Ferrari or buying a Ferrari and returning a Volvo is not the same.

yeah don't do it. it's a hot pre-order item but not at that price.

Anime Export is selling it for 29800yen
today is the last day for orders from them and pay upfront required.
http://www.anime-export.com/product/37319

or if you use a proxy order direct: from P-bandai japan
for 27000yen
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000117922/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=tw

P-bandai america had pre-order for 240 but i passed on it. flat rate shipping is 33 per package so $273 shipped.
http://us.p-bandai.asia/chara/c0001/0001/item-1000001010/

I'm always wary of Sideshow figures and quality. Will probably preorder at BBTS but not sold until I see final product images.

for 27000yen

P-bandai america had pre-order for 240 but i passed on it. flat rate shipping is 33 per package so $273 shipped.

Yeah I'm not preordering it. I did succumb to their stupid expensive Big O preorder but fuck. It's so stupid.

Tom_Cody

for 27000yen

Whoa, it's in stock. This is going to be a tough call for me. So expensive.

Yeah I'm not preordering it. I did succumb to their stupid expensive Big O preorder but fuck. It's so stupid.

i'm suspicious of the demand. that it might be artificially inflated as the limit of order of this was 6.
usually if it's extreme demand. the limit would be at most 2 max per Web store order. and the fact that pre-orders re-opened in P-bandai Japan for the 3rd time suggests they're willing to print a lot.

no way that BBTS price is worth it.

Metal Builds which is a higher end line are about $150 a figure if you get in early bird and the higher end ones with a lot of stuff attached at most 200-225. maybe 250 shipped if i'm desperate like i am with finding a Qan [T[. anything beyond that is a pass.

Whoa, it's in stock. This is going to be a tough call for me. So expensive.
i don't collect this line Fix Configuration, but Bandai sure is upping the line as it does look pretty good.

Tom_Cody

i don't collect this line Fix Configuration, but Bandai sure is upping the line as it does look pretty good.
It's really that specific figure more than the line overall. I love it.

Btw, to follow up on a conversation from a few months ago, I finally got my cat under control so I have started to buy/display figures again.

Messi

HT is making BB-9E and TLJ BB-8 for $100 each? When they're both 4" tall? Are they fucking insane?

Star Wars fans are insane and will pay it. You see some of the Hot Toys they buy?

Just buy the two pack for $176 and get the little floor scrubber droid thingy free.

Messi

Yet if HT made a dumb hyena two pack you’d be in Day 1.

Absolutely, I know what I am. Its very telling that you made this defensive attack on me. We all have our collections. I wasn't judging Star Wars people. have an insane Harley collection.

I bought the tweeterhead Bud and Lou statue ffs.

It's really that specific figure more than the line overall. I love it.

Btw, to follow up on a conversation from a few months ago, I finally got my cat under control so I have started to buy/display figures again.
haha, nice! now you don't have to worry about figures getting KO'd =)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
My best attempt at stuffing these figures in there so far.

Getting the model kit C-3PO in there at all would be completely impossible

LiK

Hunter Figma up for preorder and I'm going to have to grab the exclusive version. The bonus is awesome for once. Damn you GSC.

Yarbskoo

Hunter Figma up for preorder and I'm going to have to grab the exclusive version. The bonus is awesome for once. Damn you GSC.

That's a great looking figure, even if it is expensive and extremely light on accessories.

figma Corrin just shipped. Time to wait a few years for Good Smile's slow ass shipping.

Ah shit, I want these but I fucking loath blind box bullshit.

N0rMy1x.jpg
kZZkjjT.jpg

And what if I don't get a girl inkling?

LiK

That's a great looking figure, even if it is expensive and extremely light on accessories.

figma Corrin just shipped. Time to wait a few years for Good Smile's slow ass shipping.

Ah shit, I want these but I fucking loath blind box bullshit.

N0rMy1x.jpg
kZZkjjT.jpg

And what if I don't get a girl inkling?

Oh man, awesome. blind box? I hope NCSX sells complete sets.

NEO0MJ

Man, BBTS still hasn't sent the payment request for Mazinkaiser, even though it seems most other online stores have had it for over a week. Hope I didn't get caught in a situation similar to the one another poster here wrote about where the preorder wasn't cancelled even though it seems they'll never get the product.

Top Bottom