• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura talks about the D23 (July 14-16) Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer with Famitsu

Jigolo

http://kh13.com/news/new-interview-with-tetsuya-nomura-from-famitsu

Kingdom Hearts 3 related stuff:

Famitsu: The reception of the new promotional video was amazing too. Because is didn't seem that there was going to be a trailer or an announcement about Kingdom Hearts III at E3, this was a pleasant surprise for the fan.

Nomura: There is a lot of misunderstanding about it. The choice to show or not to show something is up to the ones making the conferences. We just used the timing of the concert being at the same time as E3 to announce it.

Famitsu: Considering that the information is going really fast during the conference, it seems better to announce it that way for the fans. The battle felt rich with all the Keyblade transformations, there was a lot of action and we could see the different worlds.

Nomura: But this battle scene was only in the Hercules world.

Famitsu: Was it? There was so much thing that I thought it was from various worlds.

Nomura: Also, the next trailer will have a Japanese version and a North american version but the battle scenes were from an actual gameplay footage so we couldn't make them exactly the same. It will look the same but if you compare them you will be able to see the differences. So I would like the core fans to look at both trailers.

Famitsu: At last, the D23 Expo 2017 occur next month.

Nomura: The editing of the D23 trailer is being finalized right now but I think that not only it will be longer than the orchestra trailer, it will also show some new elements that should meet everyone's expectations.

Things to note:
- It will be longer than the Orchestra Trailer, is nearly finalized
- English and Japanese versions will be made available. He encourages fans to watch both because there are slight differences
- Apparently the interviewer was able to get some information about what will be revealed/ shown at D23 and had this to say
"Seriously ?!" I was so excited in the night of Hollywood. Amazing. Amazing. Absolutely. Yes, definitely a good game.

lock if old

Magnus

The amount of discussion and hype and preparation and planning and further discussion all for the reveal of a goddamned TRAILER is unreal. Jesus Christ.

It's like the Announcement of an Announcement of an Announcement, multiplied by Inception.

Practically Nomura-patented at this point. Let the Trailer speak for itself.

HMD

Why are you drip feeding Square? You know that shit doesn't work in the age of huge information blowouts like the ones Ubisoft and Activision do.

Burbeting

Banned
I wonder if they will just dub the trailer, even if there is no voice-work done for the proper game. That's definitely what happened in E3 2015 trailer.

Psxphile

Nomura: There is a lot of misunderstanding about it. The choice to show or not to show something is up to the ones making the conferences. We just used the timing of the concert being at the same time as E3 to announce it.
Nomura makes it sound like their trailer could have been shown at E3 proper during the showcases and was denied.

Sad but true. Seeing that trailer revealed at Sony's E3 would've definitely raised my opinion of the thing at least a little.

The didn't even show Dissidia, which was weird. It's possible that they were told that they could be in the pre show or nothing, which..really sucks for the only AAA JRPGs left. So I don't really blame them.

I'm still holding out for holiday 2018.

Top Bottom