• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

extendtitle50yqc.png

Developer: Arc System Works
Publisher: Arc System Works | Aksys Games | PQube
Genre: 2D Fighting
Ratings: CERO C | ESRB T | PEGI 12
Release date: December 17, 2011 [JP] | February 14, 2012 [NA] | February 22, 2012 [EU]
Price: ¥5980 | $39.99 [$59.99 LE] | £29.99 [£39.99 LE]
JP Site | NA Site | Euro Site

Limited Edition:
blazblue-continuum-shdzzi0.png

The North American and European versions will have a Limited Edition trim levels available.

North America LE gets the following bonuses:
  • CD soundtrack
  • Calendar
  • Art book

European LE gets the following bonuses:
  • CD soundtrack
  • Concept art cards

New Characters Character:
newcomers4copycopy5hze2.png

Nah, just Relius. But hey, Squirrel Girl, Wolfman, and Magical Girl are new if you didn't buy the CSII DLC, lol.

Q&A:
Q: Is there connectivity between the Vita and PS3 versions?
A: Yes, you can share your save data progress between them.
data0dlz6.png

Q: Awesome? So can I play PS3 vs. Vita in online cross-platform battles too?
A: No.

Q: That kinda sucks.
A: I know.

Q: Is this compatible in online versus with 2010's mega smash-hit BlazBlue Continuum Shift?
A: No.

Q: That really sucks.
A: I know.

Q:I am one of those people who play fighting games for single player content. What's in it for me?
Well, If you played CT and CS, the only new story mode content is for Makoto, Valkenhayn, Platinum and Relius. The original CT and CS story modes are included for the rest of the cast.
Additionally there are new-to-console vs. CPU modes, such as Unlimited Mars mode if you like a challenge.

Q: What else is new?
For those interested in versus play, there is a complete roster reabalancing that brings this version parity to the current Japanese Arcade game. Additionally there is a new-to-console team battle mode.

Reviews:
* To Follow

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nifty save data transfer feature for Vita. Won't be picking it up for launch but maybe down the line.

I skipped out on Continuum Shift so I'm looking forward to picking this up (if not at launch, soon after). Nice OT, _dementia.

Damn, this is coming out soon already? I'd try to get it as close to day 1 as possible, but I'm short on money right now and I kinda doubt I'd be allowed to trade in CS since it's kinda scratched :/

AAK

Will wait until Jubei finally comes out. Till then, it's going to be SFxT, KOF13, T6, and NG3 to keep me busy :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm still really bitter about this release. Big slap in the face to everybody who bought all the character DLC for Continuum Shift.

cj_iwakura

I'm still really bitter about this release. Big slap in the face to everybody who bought all the character DLC for Continuum Shift.

They did rebalance everything and add new story modes.

I'm not too happy myself, but I got my money's worth out of CS and then some.
I don't mind supporting my favorite fighting game ever with another purchase.

Ties

Banned
Of CS? Yes. The next game will be the third in the series(and presumably will end it).

SAYAAA!
Whoa. That was fast.
Hopefully they start up Guilty Gear again, eh? Would kill for more playable females in this game, would love if Saya or Nine played like I-no.

To be fair they did rebalance the whole game, but I feel like adding just one character to the already small roster is a bit of a ripoff, yes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They did rebalance everything and add new story modes.

Rebalancing is the kind of thing they should be doing for free (and weren't we suppose to get a rebalance patch for OG Continuum Shift?), and new story modes plus one new character is hardly worth plopping down another $40 unless you're a fanatic.

Finally gonna learn that platinum. Why is the us cover for the LE ass? ugh
It's better than Vanilla Mahvel 3's boxart. :p
Is this going to be the final version? haha

My last copy was Calamity Trigger.
Definitely not. There will be a BlazBlue 3 that ties everything together, but Extend will be the best game yet and a fantastic buy for anyone who skipped out on the CS series until now.

So it looks like I'll have a reason to turn the voices on.

Rebalancing is the kind of thing they should be doing for free (and weren't we suppose to get a rebalance patch for OG Continuum Shift?), and new story modes plus one new character is hardly worth plopping down another $40 unless you're a fanatic.

We did get a balance patch for CS, it was free. I imagine if you weren't a fanatic you wouldn't have bought the DLC characters to begin with, so for a lot of people this is probably 4 new characters.

jbueno

Skipped Continum Shift I for this. Looking forward to it, even though KOF XIII gets most of my fighting game playtime.

Man, I really regret buying squirrel girl and Valk. Now they're free. Yea, I'm never buying DLC characters again. On the fence if I'm going to get this or not. I don't really see the investment worth it since I have CT and CS.

Sold my BBCS2 a couple of months ago, already preordered the LE for this. :)
This is the only fighting game where I have friend(s) that play extensively (he is not into SF or any other series), so I must get it. I will likely get CS2 back later on if I find a super cheap copy just to finish off the trophies and to play the old version before the changes.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
never played any BB before. Will buy this one.

Can anyone give me an impression of Λ-11? Like, what kind of character or play-style from other fighting games can he/she be compared to? Difficult to play for a new player? I haven't played an arc game since GGX (played Chipp).

cj_iwakura

never played any BB before. Will buy this one.

Can anyone give me an impression of Λ-11? Like, what kind of character or play-style from other fighting games can he/she be compared to? Difficult to play for a new player? I haven't played an arc game since GGX (played Chipp).

Uh... shoot. Blaz characters are wildly original for the most part.

Lots of long range attacks, which pretty much pin you down at long range. She's worthless up close, in comparison(but don't underestimate her).

But yeah, zoning. Tsubaki's my main. (That rushdown BNB.)

Interested in this since I only got the original CT and this has all the story stuff for CS in it. I imagine this is most likely the last version for this part of the storyline, right? Picking it up for the combined added content of CS/CSII/Extend makes this an easier buy for me.

matmanx1

Getting this on the 15th when I pick up my Vita. It will be the first BlazBlue I've played since the original so I'm pretty excited. And I know it's going to be gorgeous on that OLED!

On the fence on this one. I played over a thousand online matches in CT, and probably close to another thousand in local multiplayer and then I got burned out. Bought CS and barely played it. Hmm...

h3ro

I still need to start story mode in CS. I was one or two online cheevos from S-ranking CT, but just didn't have time to sink into CS nor did I get any of the new characters.

I'll be picking this up some day. Love me some BureiBroo.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Uh... shoot. Blaz characters are wildly original for the most part.

Lots of long range attacks, which pretty much pin you down at long range. She's worthless up close, in comparison(but don't underestimate her).

But yeah, zoning. Tsubaki's my main. (That rushdown BNB.)

Cheers, should be a good change of pace considering I usually go for rush down/mix up characters.

Reknoc said:
The European release date is 22nd, not 14th.

:(

FHIZ

Can't do this a third time. If the first BB was 60, the second was 40, I cant see how this one can be justified as 40 again. I may get it when it's price dropped, but lord knows, there will probably be another with one new character before then.

Is this going to be the final version? haha

My last copy was Calamity Trigger.

Mori said he's going to make a new one this year (for arcade). Probably worth it since you skipped CS, but expect the console port of BlazBlue 3 in 2013.

OP updated with correct Euro release date.

I got this a few days ago and it looks very good.Really nice animations and graphics. The only problem with mine is a LOT of the menu's and all the special moves are in japanese.

Also, i am quite unfamiliar with BB in terms of the fighting system. I got this and UMVC3 at the same time but ive put in a good three hours with it. The last boss is difficult.

Getting this on the 15th when I pick up my Vita. It will be the first BlazBlue I've played since the original so I'm pretty excited. And I know it's going to be gorgeous on that OLED!
Yeah, I saw the Darkstalkers comparison gifs on the first page of the Vita thread. I have to admit that it is one of the coolest features after seeing that. BlazBlue should look amazing.

Now I'm wondering how good Skullgirls would look on an OLED...
:/

cj_iwakura

Noel got a new voice actress apparently. Wonder if that line is in the game.

From what I saw of Hazama, it's the old VA for the most part, with the new lines done by the new VAs.

I still need to start story mode in CS. I was one or two online cheevos from S-ranking CT, but just didn't have time to sink into CS nor did I get any of the new characters.

I'll be picking this up some day. Love me some BureiBroo.

In before lol story in fighting games, but CS has a really good plot, and an excellent finale.

Vans

Might pick this up. I stopped playing Blazblue since the CS2 update came out.

The delay between arcade-console kinda lowers my interest though, it always feels like I'll end up playing the older version at the time due to the arcade -> console release gap.

Top Bottom