• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

tm24

Look at this guy and how great he would look on my shelf

41b1RhQ4MFL.jpg

Volimar

The only ones I have are the ones that came with my lootcrate. Just got a glow in the dark Groot in the most recent one. Now I want this one:

9g3DZCZ.jpg

Because Felicia Day is my waifu.

Edit: Can I just say how happy I am that people have their figures outside of their boxes.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
"Vinyl Invaders" is an... evocative product line name.

>.>

<.<

What were you doing in Hot Topic?

Hot Topic has some kind of crazy deal with FUNKO going on.

They get all the leftover exclusives from conventions to sell. I've seen the SDCC Anna from Frozen and a couple others there.

They also get pre-release characters. I bought my boss Vageta a week ago, but he doesn't actually come out until the end of the year. Same with Burnt Stay-Puft. They have little stickers on their boxes that say "Hot Topic Pre-Release".

Then there are the Hot Topic exclusives too.

Also, at least the Burbank and Glendale stores have Instagram accounts and whenever they get new shipments or exclusives, they post pictures to let people know. Don't know if every store does that but I thought it's a pretty cool and nice thing to do.

So if you're heavy into the figures, get comfortable going to Hot Topic.

Place freaks me out man. It's as weird to me as when I walk into Pacsun and you've got 30 year olds shopping with teenagers.

I haven't been to that place in years. Last time was when I was looking for the first Dethklok album. Everyone else was sold out so I had to grab it there.

They get all the leftover exclusives from conventions to sell. I've seen the SDCC Anna from Frozen and a couple others there.

They also get pre-release characters. I bought my boss Vageta a week ago, but he doesn't actually come out until the end of the year. Same with Burnt Stay-Puft. They have little stickers on their boxes that say "Hot Topic Pre-Release".

Hm. Interesting. I know B&N had some of the SDCC exclusives as well. They had a couple of the Despicable Me minions, The Wampa/Luke 2-pack, and the Elsa exclusive.

Then there are the Hot Topic exclusives too.

Also, at least the Burbank and Glendale stores have Instagram accounts and whenever they get new shipments or exclusives, they post pictures to let people know. Don't know if every store does that but I thought it's a pretty cool and nice thing to do.

So if you're heavy into the figures, get comfortable going to Hot Topic.

I guess I'll have to check out Hot Topic the next time I go out to the Lego store. Or sooner.

v1lla21

Yup, I got 4 last time at Hot Topic because they had a huge sign at the front of the store that said buy 1 get 1 half off.

Yup, I got 4 last time at Hot Topic because they had a huge sign at the front of the store that said buy 1 get 1 half off.

The way they get you, though, is that instead of $10 each, they're $13 at Hot Topic. So when you use the deal, your total comes out to whatever it would have been if you had bought them like... anywhere else.

I bought 4 with their deal and my total was ... $40.

Sneaky bastards.

v1lla21

The way they get you, though, is that instead of $10 each, they're $13 at Hot Topic. So when you use the deal, your total comes out to whatever it would have been if you had bought them like... anywhere else.

I bought 4 with their deal and my total was ... $40.

Sneaky bastards.
I had $10 dollars in one of those coupons so it turned out pretty good :) none of them were for me though, they were for my cousin.

I had $10 dollars in one of those coupons so it turned out pretty good :) none of them were for me though, they were for my cousin.

Oh, nice!!

I got one of those "$15 off of $30" coupons last week, that'll be sweet. Could probably buy 3 for about $20 with that.

Top Bottom