• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Freak's new PS4 save game editor. Your PSN level just went down the shitter.

Koyuga

I really do miss game shark and action replay. Too bad we can't have something like that again without messing up online multiplayer.

Alec

This attitude can fuck right off.

Which part of that attitude? All of it?

Obviously beefing up a character offline that can be used to ruin people's experiences online is bad.

What's wrong with cheating if it's completely confined to offline single player?

Alo0oy

Banned
I imagine this is only useful cheat wise for single player games. Since it requires you to edit a save file to quickly unlock things that otherwise take time to unlock, or max out levels in things like FF, but even then it will be limited to what the game can go up to anyway, you won't be running around at level 999999. I can't imagine this is going to somehow break the limits of the games and activate god mode in MP shooters etc. But it might let people unlock all guns and attatchments. But who cares about that. Devs charge for the same thing.

It does break some games though, games like Dark Souls store all your stats on a local save file, nothing is saved server-side.

Alec

It does break some games though, games like Dark Souls store all your stats on a local save file, nothing is saved server-side.

True, but checks can be implemented server-side to stop\ban players trying to connect with modified saves.

Falchion

I used to love stuff like this for single player games. Action Replay could breath new life into a game you've beaten with a few, fun cheats. Definitely not wanted for online play though.

L.O.R.D

Bye-bye PS4 online gaming, I guess.

Imagine playing PvP in Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 against someone who is such a low-life piece of shit that they have to use this.

RA8gXeMaTqXIc.gif

you can't PVP with anyone higher them you above 10 levels.
so it's impossible to face a level 540 and you are level 100 for example.

also for OP,it's cyber gadget,not code freak
the same people who made the save editor for 3DS,they were the first people on 3DS who did the 3DS save editing.
however,this save editor as far i heard,only works on the japanese version of the game.

This attitude can fuck right off.

If you are talking about using cheats online to ruin, then yes fuck that.

But offline? Cheats brought out some of my favorite experiences with games I thought I was done with. Hell and most of them didn't even need a device, San Andreas had some really fun cheats!

Ogawa-san

Maybe this is old news, but according to Wololo.net, this cheating program might require internet connection and sharing of PSN login information.
I thought that was just some kind of DRM to keep the save editor from hitting torrents the same day but Wololo's theory is... interesting. Almost far-fetched. But considering no one else managed to decrypt saves, I'm willing to believe it.

Which part of that attitude? All of it?

Obviously beefing up a character offline that can be used to ruin people's experiences online is bad.

What's wrong with cheating if it's completely confined to offline single player?

There is nothing wrong with altering your game for your own experience. At least in my mind, I still don't understand why it is not an option to disable trophies for a game if you want to modify your game. The real only reason is that you can unlock content from the publisher that they want you to pay for on disk.

I use it for my 3DS rpgs, action replay at least. Used to hex edit my saves all the time back in the day, or gameshark codes on PS1/2.

I wish a console would let the option sit there for the end user, I find it frustrating and would not have to choose between taking more time away from other interests to grind my ass off farming for levels/gold/ap/ mundane mini game frustration simulator. End rant, but I obviously think this is fine, ban if online cheating detected.

I hope sony cracks down on this. After running into a lot of bad eggs in Battle of Z, hard to support any tool like this going around.

Caayn

That's a shame L.O.R.D. Toying around with cheats is one of the things I miss in modern gaming.

Everything has become so serious, leaderboard this, trophy/achievement that.

I definitely miss things like Game Genie, the ps3 one was good. I hope this works smoothly as I'd love to get it.

what were some of the Cool things you could do offline with regards to the PS3 ?

finding deleted content or unlocking things that cant be obtained for offline play is about the only thing that intrests me but i would rather not have it at the Cost of everyone elses enjoyment online simply put havent messed with anything like that Since the PS2 days and even than it was simply messing with things after i had completed the game

Link1110

It's for cheating, period.
Probably trophies, too.

You can probably use it to:
- give yourself infinite HP/MP
- level up to Max Lv after killing only one enemy
- cheat horribly in PvP
- break online gaming
- etc.

It's definitely not a good thing.
The last two are bar but what's so willing with the first two of someone thinks the game is more fun that way? You can have fun with games, can't other people as well?

Maybe this is old news, but according to Wololo.net, this cheating program might require internet connection and sharing of PSN login information.

because saves are encrypted to your account only, they need to login, take that save, use the editor, then send it back to your account.

its dodgy af

FrankWza

what were some of the Cool things you could do offline with regards to the PS3 ?

finding deleted content or unlocking things that cant be obtained for offline play is about the only thing that intrests me but i would rather not have it at the Cost of everyone elses enjoyment online simply put havent messed with anything like that Since the PS2 days and even than it was simply messing with things after i had completed the game

Deleted content? Could you do things like unlock all costumes and things like dlc?

L.O.R.D

so,umm,,,
i don't want to make new thread so i'll post it here

it seems someone made a save editor that works for US/EU and some Asian regions.

it's called Save Wizard PS4 Max

it's from the people who worked on game genie save editor for PS3,but now they split and working alone.

it's priced $49.99 for two year sub for now,after some time it will go back to $49.99 for a year.

it DOES NOT resign the save file right now,only edit it,right now there game collection is not that much and mostly they are US version of the game,but you can use the advance save editor to hex edit the file.
if there version does not work you have to send the file to the team.

the save editor must connect to the internet to upload the save file,FFXV right now not avaiable for obvious reason.

and each save editor only work with 4 PSN account,so you can't abuse it on other sites and offer save editing services for everyone,but you can remove one account and wait 30 days to ad another.

also,it seems they ripped off the cybergadget program
82qMnqs.jpg

C9LakC4W0AE5OXw.jpg

jrush64

Banned
I just saw that Save Wizard today. I want to buy it and test it but I'm also kinda cautious. Anyone here tried it yet?

I mainly used it for rpg's. For example, Final Fantasy X hd, I gave myself max sphere level which means no grinding and I could also add no encounters to a weapon/armor. I hate random battles.

jrush64

Banned
Tried it on P5 and it works perfectly. Noiice. I used the max guts code. I wish they had exp multiplier code though.

Ferr986

I think being upset that other players want to "break the rules" in single-player games for their own fun is the sign of a control freak. Am I misunderstanding?

I dont' care about single player games.

Problem is that hacked characters are already starting to appear in Dark Souls 3 online.

BigEmil

so,umm,,,
i don't want to make new thread so i'll post it here

it seems someone made a save editor that works for US/EU and some Asian regions.

it's called Save Wizard PS4 Max

it's from the people who worked on game genie save editor for PS3,but now they split and working alone.

it's priced $49.99 for two year sub for now,after some time it will go back to $49.99 for a year.

it DOES NOT resign the save file right now,only edit it,right now there game collection is not that much and mostly they are US version of the game,but you can use the advance save editor to hex edit the file.
if there version does not work you have to send the file to the team.

the save editor must connect to the internet to upload the save file,FFXV right now not avaiable for obvious reason.

and each save editor only work with 4 PSN account,so you can't abuse it on other sites and offer save editing services for everyone,but you can remove one account and wait 30 days to ad another.

also,it seems they ripped off the cybergadget program
82qMnqs.jpg

C9LakC4W0AE5OXw.jpg
Interesting stuff thanks for this info might check it out

I used to edit saves on 360/PS3 all the time. Not a big issue imo.

Not sure what tragedy occured by me being able to bring my 360 Borderlands 2 character onto the PS3 or give my Mass Effect character Illusive Man style eyes and have Tali and Morinth as a team member from Mission 1 rather than waiting for the game to almost be over before I can finally get a team I like.

L.O.R.D

apparently, cyber gadget decide to release a product for the international market.

their old save editor still has some EU and NA games,but it seems they want to fight save wizard max on the EU and NA market,so they are releasing an English version of their save editor.

right now there is only 20 games,they will add more games later, but only if they share the same ID as their japanese counterpart it seems.

unlike the original release,it doesn't support advance mode so you can't make your own cheats,you have to stick with the avaiable,maybe that's why it's only cost around $20(1,980 yen), and maybe they don't want extreme cheating for games like NiOh like add very powerful items that you should not have.

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/products/4544859019999.html

4544859019999d01.png

4544859019999d02.png

Top Bottom