• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Afro

30394448831_476e3935fc_k.jpg
flickr!

Suggestions on the best medic gun? I've reached medic rank 3 and unlocked a couple of new guns but I'm not really liking any of them so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Suggestions on the best medic gun? I've reached medic rank 3 and unlocked a couple of new guns but I'm not really liking any of them so far.

Mondragon, especially the scoped variation. Used it religiously in the beta, and the same here.

Rush is so good! At least on Amiem and the other desert map

Its amazing just how bad Sinai was to demo this game

OMG SMOKE GRENADES ABSOLUTELY COVER YOUR SCREEN IN GRAY! this game is freaking amazing

I love the viability of smoke and gas

This is such a fun game, I was getting a bit fatigued by Operations but Conquest never gets old because of how well the pacing of it is. Great job, DICE.

RoKKeR

So I got to Medic Rank 2 and yet the "Medic Enlistment" achievement has yet to pop... tracking says I'm only at 50%. Anybody else get this on XB1?

I think No Man's Land in St Quinten Scar is the most striking looking MP map I have ever played on. It is striking.

hurzelein

giphy.gif

Dump until you can no longer dump no more. My absolute peak moment in BF1 so far.

Idk but I feel like exactly for that reason all weapons and classes feel the same this time. Anyone else? I mean I had fun in the last 6 hours, but I feel like they strongly focused on catering to the cod audience with the gunplay and hp/shots to die rate. Oh Bf1943, why were you so perfect?

Afro

OMG SMOKE GRENADES ABSOLUTELY COVER YOUR SCREEN IN GRAY! this game is freaking amazing

I love the viability of smoke and gas

Probably the first shooter I've played where a smoke 'nade goes off near me and I literally say, "okay, I can't see shit." They're actually useful.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aren't they doing this with a spectator mode?

They're bringing that back? I hope the sync is fixed. I dumped a lot (like 100 hours) into spectating BF4. Which I'm sure people are gonna be like "WHY?" and I'm just like "because I enjoy watching others play?"

Spl1nter

Idk but I feel like exactly for that reason all weapons and classes feel the same this time. Anyone else? I mean I had fun in the last 6 hours, but I feel like they strongly focused on catering to the cod audience with the gunplay and hp/shots to die rate. Oh Bf1943, why were you so perfect?

The hp/shot ratio is the nearly the same it has been for most battlefields. The automatic weapons are even weaker. At 25+ meters the LMGs take 6 shots to kill. At 40+ meters the SMGs take 8 shots. DMRs are 3 shots to kill, same as all other battlefields.

Autoloading extended if closer ranges and than either the mondragon variants or the m1916 marksman. Cannot really go wrong with any of those.

Selbstlader M1916. Same stats, minus the fire rate which is slightly slower, as the Mondragon but with 16 more bullets per mag. The multi kills are real with this baby.

Do any versions of the M97 Trench Gun have a vented heat shield? I thought I read one of them did but I can't find which one it is now. This is very important to me.

hurzelein

The hp/shot ratio is the nearly the same it has been for most battlefields. The automatic weapons are even weaker. At 25+ meters the LMGs take 6 shots to kill. At 40+ meters the SMGs take 8 shots. DMRs are 3 shots to kill, same as all other battlefields.

K could be wrong there, but I mean look at the medic weapons firing rate. If you know to handle your controller there just isn't much difference to smgs. The gunply of medic, assault and support feel extremly alike this time imho.

Spl1nter

K could be wrong there, but I mean look at the medic weapons firing rate. If you know to handle your controller there just isn't much difference to smgs.

There is a huge difference to the SMGs they are all above 550rpm. Assault completely annihilates at close range. While the DMRs control midrange. The DMRs that shoot above 250rpm also either have 5 round clips or drop off to 4-5 shots to kill.

The gunplay between classes is the most varied its been in a long time. At close range assault is just beastly.

Reposting this as I'm still having this problem, can anyone shed some light?

Guys, I'm trying to increase my rank in medic so that I can buy the cool guns. However, for some reason my medic rank is still zero even though my overall rank is 8 and I have been healing and respawning people like crazy. I've put in about 10 hours into the medic class and still rank zero, how are people advancing and getting the good guns?

I really enjoy the game. I liked Battlefield 4, though, so I wasn't worried. I am about done with my trial and I would like to buy the full game but I don't think I can afford it. I bought an engagement ring and have been licking my financial wounds lately. Damn, could use a nice anxiety lifter by just plowing through this on my Xbox One.

I wouldnt recommend the game. Its still the same battlefield type MP. SP is just an extra addition IMO. You should buy a battlefield game because of the MP.

Thanks

Yeah, I figured as much. I was positive that's the answer I'd get.

I'm just going to play it for the five hour campaign, mostly, and maybe try a bit of multiplayer before returning it. I wouldn't buy it to keep it. At least, it'd have to amaze me to keep it.

The weird thing? I loved and couldn't get enough of 1942, and really liked Bad Company too. Its campaign was awesome.

Thanks

Yeah, I figured as much. I was positive that's the answer I'd get.

I'm just going to play it for the five hour campaign, mostly, and maybe try a bit of multiplayer before returning it. I wouldn't buy it to keep it. At least, it'd have to amaze me to keep it.

The weird thing? I loved and couldn't get enough of 1942, and really liked Bad Company too. Its campaign was awesome.

Give Operation mode a try. I was not a big fan of BF3/BF4 multi, but the new mode feels like the campaign I've always wanted.

Feels like an actual battle. Win or lose I'm having fun. =)

Shits fucking embarrassing DICE that you guys still struggle with making it easy to quit between matches. We have like a 5 second window maybe to leave and after that your stuck loading into the next map and then quitting.

jeffc919

Reposting this as I'm still having this problem, can anyone shed some light?

I'm level 28 overall and have only played medic and assault or spawned in a vehicle. I'm level 5 medic and level 3 assault, so I have to assume your class levels go up much more slowly than your overall level. I've played Conquest almost exclusively FWIW. On the Battlefield.com/career page, I have about 145,000 medic score and 95,000 assault score. I'm guessing if you look your class scores will be fairly low so you just need to get more points while playing medic. Get kills, capture/defend flags, and use your class abilities and you should increase your level.

Alright, I've got a bone to pick with people in squads.
Specifically in Pidgeons of war. Please DO NOT LOCK a squad (unless of course its full). It's so frustrating to see 4 squads, 1 full and locked (fine), 1 with 2 members locked. Another with 1 player locked. And the last one with about 2 maybe 3.
This doesn't help the spawning thats necessary for getting closer to the objective. So annoying especially since we lose by 3 whole pidgeons.

Also for thgot frustrated with the medals. It's not so hard, you dont need to do all the tasks in 1 match except the one that says 'kill 5 in 1 life with x weapon' that can be challenging. Already 1 for medic.

I'm level 28 overall and have only played medic and assault or spawned in a vehicle. I'm level 5 medic and level 3 assault, so I have to assume your class levels go up much more slowly than your overall level. I've played Conquest almost exclusively FWIW. On the Battlefield.com/career page, I have about 145,000 medic score and 95,000 assault score. I'm guessing if you look your class scores will be fairly low so you just need to get more points while playing medic. Get kills, capture/defend flags, and use your class abilities and you should increase your level.

Thanks Jeff, Ill look into it.

Mahonay

Banned
Tanks are definitely a bit OP at the moment. My last Conquest match earlier tonight I went 55 and 3. Although I'm sure some of that is partly due to the flood of new players today, who don't know how to deal with tanks yet.

Surfinn

Tanks are definitely a bit OP at the moment. My last Conquest match earlier tonight I went 55 and 3. Although I'm sure some of that is partly due to the flood of new players today, who don't know how to deal with tanks yet.
Yup I had the same experience today. Just a bunch of people running around in the open.

They're not OP though. A light tank and two assault soldiers wrecked me in about 5 seconds in one of my games.

Mahonay

Banned
Yup I had the same experience today. Just a bunch of people running around in the open.

They're not OP though. A light tank and two assault soldiers wrecked me in about 5 seconds in one of my games.
Yeah I had a lot of enemy infantry just running out in the open directly in front of my tank.

Alright, I've got a bone to pick with people in squads.
Specifically in Pidgeons of war. Please DO NOT LOCK a squad (unless of course its full). It's so frustrating to see 4 squads, 1 full and locked (fine), 1 with 2 members locked. Another with 1 player locked. And the last one with about 2 maybe 3.
This doesn't help the spawning thats necessary for getting closer to the objective. So annoying especially since we lose by 3 whole pidgeons.

Also for thgot frustrated with the medals. It's not so hard, you dont need to do all the tasks in 1 match except the one that says 'kill 5 in 1 life with x weapon' that can be challenging. Already 1 for medic.
The game auto locks the squad if you are playing with a friend. That's why there are alt of 2-3 people in a locked squad. I don't think many people know this.

Beepos

Man watching air ships blow up in operations and come crashing down never gets less spectacular. I almost can't believe it happening in a MP setting while you charge forward, chaos all around you.

Top Bottom