• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2016 |SEP 29-OCT 29|

matt05891

So generally how long are the semi finals? I'm going tommorow to MSG for this and im curious how long i'll be there.
Today with running in a 5 game series I just made it to my 1147 train out of grand central. Had to pay cash and all. I literally left the stadium as soon as skt was on nexus though so if I watched the bowing and everything I would of missed the train. For an example if you know the city well.

Ashhong

Different meta/patches. Only way to compare teams is judge them by how they performed against the competition. I think S5 SKT was about as dominant as SSW in S4, but I give the edge to White because of how much they trashed Blue.

I'm not saying a team in Season 4 would beat a team playing now. The game's different. But I can still judge these teams by how utterly dominant they were.

S5 SKT and S4 SSW were utterly untouchable against the rest of the competition. This year's SKT, not so much. They're still great, but these challengers are making them work for it.

But you just said they seem worse than another past team. Just because their opponents are stronger doesn't make them weaker.

Nista

Sigh, I wonder if it's worth selling off our worlds tickets. I feel like I already saw a boring ass blowout finals in 2013, and no way I am ever cheering for SKT.

Might be worth it just to give Papasmithy a high five for his great casting.

But you just said they seem worse than another past team. Just because their opponents are stronger doesn't make them weaker.

I should've been clearer.

They're just not as head and shoulders above everyone else as they were a year ago, whether they're actually better or worse we won't ever know, but it's certainly less impressive.

Sigh, I wonder if it's worth selling off our worlds tickets. I feel like I already saw a boring ass blowout finals in 2013, and no way I am ever cheering for SKT.

I'd say it's worth selling it.

I once brought 3 tickets for $300 some time ago. I flipped them for $900. If SKT is likely to win again, i wouldn't want to watch that trainwreck.

You should do it. This semi was pretty much the final in all but the name and competitive league games rarely get better then today's game.

shira

Is there any perks of actually being at the finals? The Dota finals have a tonne of extra value added in

- exclusive chest drops
- new merch for sale
- merch with in-game items
- swag bag with in-game items
- exclusive emoticons
- free t-shirts

If you got lucky with your chest drops you could actually profit.

Is there any perks of actually being at the finals? The Dota finals have a tonne of extra value added in

- exclusive chest drops
- new merch for sale
- exclusive emoticons
- free t-shirts

When I went I got a statue of Tryndamere/Ryze.
And a Riven skin. And uh, a Tshirt. And uh, a League bag.

Ashhong

I should've been clearer.

They're just not as head and shoulders above everyone else as they were a year ago, whether they're actually better or worse we won't ever know, but it's certainly less impressive.

I see. It's true, but I think it's just because of ROX. The actual level of play in this series was astonishing.

Better sell your tickets now. Resale value already dropping earlier this week and I imagine less now

zkylon

zkylewd
bummed that skt won cos rox couldn't be any more likeable with the crazy support mf pick and their awesome personalities and story, but skt won super fair and faker is still faker, i'm not gonna say no to a syndra faker skin

idk why everyone is so mad lol, it was a great series and this has probably been the most exciting worlds yet

i hope samsung gives skt a run for their money at the very least, i'm a fan of every korean team at worlds so i'm gonna be happy either way, but at least give us some good games like rox did

- exclusive chest drops
- new merch for sale
- exclusive emoticons
- free t-shirts

I went to 2013 finals between SKT and Royal and it was not worth it. Besides the obvious disappointing 3-0 sweep, the spectating experience in Staples was much worse than that at home. I could barely see the CS difference and itemization on the big screen.

The goodies I got includes a League T-shirt, a cupcake in Lulu's skill, and a wrist flashlight. Also got a few photos with pros and Rioters.

Just finished watching game 1.

Kind surprised Ori got picked but then I guess there wasn't much left on the board. For Rox to spunk 3 drakes and a Baron is definitely sloppy but then the game kinda was overall.

Just watched the whole series.

Man that has to be one of the best Bo5 I have seen. So many good moments, a shame I couldn't watch it live. ):

Also RIP ROX, I really wanted ROX to win but SKT did play better in the last game.

Just finished G5, kinda impressed how mentally strong SKT are to stop the rot and take the game after a rocky start.

It'll be interesting to see if ROX do pick NA over LPL and what effect that'll have on the league. Most imports thus far have been second-tier KR imports where as these 5 are definitely top-tier.

clemenx

Banned
I hope they stay together over there. Cmon LG or Kia or someone. Pony up the cash. It blows my mind that theyve been top 2 for 2 years and they dont have a korean sponsor.

killatopak

Started watching end of game 3.

Man, the way rox swag around after the game especially peanut... How I love how the series turned out.

quoting quickshot, their hopes and dreams are dead now.

I'm glad skt1 won , that mf pick was bs and they knew it . Banned her and they won and they wouldv'e won in less games if rox didn't have 2 adcs

Looking forward to ssg vs skt1 , or maybe h2k will upset.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder if H2K stands a chance today. I still can't believe how incredibly easy their path to get here was. I do think if Forgiven goes off, he can carry a game or two. If SSG looks like they did week 1 of groups, it'll be an interesting series.

I wonder if H2K stands a chance today. I still can't believe how incredibly easy their path to get here was. I do think if Forgiven goes off, he can carry a game or two. If SSG looks like they did week 1 of groups, it'll be an interesting series.

Yes, it was the best matchup, but they have proven that they can take on EDG even without Koro. This leaves only RNG as a serious opponent, they would have taken EDG, C9 and Albus anyway. All the quarterfinal games were shit, hopefully we can have two serious matches this week.

walked past the Spiral Cats backstage

2dd.jpg

the MF support was super obvious here. Samsung only scrimmed ROX, they brought Zyra to Worlds and would know how to counter, CoreJJ is a former ADC.

surprised H2K didn't anticipate it. Or maybe they did and think they can counter it.

Top Bottom