• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I am excited for Arizona Sunshine. I have Aim, so I will play with that first, but I am also curious how they will handle locomotion with Moves.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there any difference between the "new" move controllers and the old PS3 ones? I still have 1 move from my PS3 (no idea what happened to the second one), and I just ordered a 29.99 "bulk packaging" new PS3 move from Amazon.

panda-zebra

UKPSVRGAF, had my eye on the PS.VR hard case for a while on Amazon, was around £22-25 when I looked. MyMemory has them for £20, they've got 14% off everything atm so just over £17.

ryseing

Good. I have y'all to beta test for me haha. I posted in the other thread, but I have an extreme aversion to scary things, doubly so in VR. People picking it up early, do give me an idea if you would. I don't want to spend $40 and not be able to play the darn thing.

Kyolux

Good. I have y'all to beta test for me haha. I posted in the other thread, but I have an extreme aversion to scary things, doubly so in VR. People picking it up early, do give me an idea if you would. I don't want to spend $40 and not be able to play the darn thing.

Haha yeah no kidding. I only pushed myself through the first level of Farpoint so far. I need to go back but it's so tough to get my mind into it.

Gitaroo

Neat.

Though $53 after 10% discount in Canada. Ouch. Or is the discount not there yet?

I should really play some more Farpoint and Star Trek before getting this.

Yeah, really want that game but not for that price. Wish it is getting a physical release so I could have taken advantage of prime 20% off. Now I got to wait for 50% at least.

bumpkin

hmm I don't see the 10% discount? it just says 39.99
Yeah, the base price is too rich for my blood. I know it makes me sound cheap/entitled, but I won't pay more than $20-25 for a digital-only PSVR game, especially one that's not PSVR exclusive. I haven't been blown away by any of the pre-release footage either, so that doesn't help.

MattAces

jrcbandit

Things aren't looking good for Arizona Sunshine. They have an annoying control setup where the turn right/left also have a teleport (forward) and 180 (reverse) on one of the joysticks so if you aren't careful you can easily be doing a 180. Additionally, the Aim and Move controllers both have poor tracking/wobbly and work horribly when aiming down the sights because they forgot to offset things like Farpoint does, ie, you don't want the Aim/Move to actually go in front of your face blocking tracking when aiming down sight.

I bought Arizona Sunshine for my aim controller, but guys, this game is made for moves (actually is was made for Vive, but you know what I mean).

Agree with the above poster, tracking has issues due to ingame weapons not being offset well, causing you to put your controllers in front of your headset and obscuring the tracking lights. I hope they are patching some of this!

Otherwise, the game looks ok (OG PS4) but does have some blurry textures, which is to be expected I guess. Still seems like a pretty beefy VR game though, especially if they can iron out some of the kinks.

MattAces

Hold off from buying AS for now, some are speculating it's either a wrong version/patch is not out yet. Seems really weird that previews had been great but now everything is broken.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah the Arizona Sunshine impressions aren't exactly glowing so far. I don't know why I just bought it anyway. I'll check it out when it's done downloading. Going straight into co-op with the AIM. Wish me luck.

MattAces

Arizona Sunshine review and video embargo lifted, so far it ranges from bad to terrible.
Complaints are buggy, janky and not fun.

Uh oh. Really don't want to skip this since I already top up $50. Worst case for now is save it for Raw Data.

Meanwhile, Farpoint Cryo Pack DLC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIlo2-QFs9U

People will appreciate Farpoint even more now after the disaster with Arizona Sunshine...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Arizona Sunshine review and video embargo lifted, so far it ranges from bad to terrible.
Complaints are buggy, janky and not fun.

Uh oh. Really don't want to skip this since I already top up $50. Worst case for now is save it for Raw Data.

Meanwhile, Farpoint Cryo Pack DLC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIlo2-QFs9U

People will appreciate Farpoint even more now after the disaster with Arizona Sunshine...

This thread took a sudden twist. Unfortunate, but hey, you can save the money for fantastic contraption instead. :p

panda-zebra

Arizona Sunshine news is utterly disappointing. WTF...

welp going to wait for a patch for Arizona

Doesn't seem like quick fix territory to me. Delivering a proper experience day one could have lead to this game closely matching Farpoint's sales, despite the cost. It'll sell badly and they'll be less inclined to fix it and... just can't see it going well from here.

Feel sorry for anyone who buys expecting something as good as or better than Farpoint having only seen pre-embargo news/reports.

MattAces

Doesn't seem like quick fix territory to me. Delivering a proper experience day one could have lead to this game closely matching Farpoint's sales, despite the cost. It'll sell badly and they'll be less inclined to fix it and... just can't see it going well from here.

Feel sorry for anyone who buys expecting something as good as or better than Farpoint having only seen pre-embargo news/reports.

It is either they accidentally submitted or Sony pushed out an older version (similar to Quiz Tonight and Fantastic Contraption case), or the game is just utter broken.
Seriously, how did preview version ran so well?

Also the new Farpoint trailer looks so good. At least we have that.

MattAces

uQwTFKC.png

Well there it is. Hope is not lost.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Pretty sure they are running around with their hair on fire. Considering how much effort they put in, I fully expect a patch if these are widespread complaints, so I wouldnt call it doomsday yet. I am not in a hurry.

uQwTFKC.png

Well there it is. Hope is not lost.

There it is.

WITHE1982

Hold off from buying AS for now, some are speculating it's either a wrong version/patch is not out yet. Seems really weird that previews had been great but now everything is broken.

Damn such a shame. Luckily I held of on grabbing it last night.

I guess it's not all bad. Gonna use the credit to buy Crash on Friday and I still have so much stuff to do in Farpoint.

I'm sure Arizona Sunshine will wait. Hoping they iron out the problems then I'll definitely buy.

Grinchy

Banned
That is gonna need to be one massive patch for Arizona Sunshine. This feels like an old internal build and nothing like a full game.

Avoid this shit like the plague until you hear more. God damn I wish I had saved my money.

That is gonna need to be one massive patch for Arizona Sunshine. This feels like an old internal build and nothing like a full game.

Avoid this shit like the plague until you hear more. God damn I wish I had saved my money.

but then the patch will effectively cost 5$ if you don't buy it now for -10% discount! :E

MattAces

That doesn't sound like there's been a mix up or anything, just a patch that may or may not fix the known shittiness in their game.

Man embargoes are so scummy.

The game wasn't supposed to be up for another 6 hours. We still have no idea if they knew all of the issue and there was a day 1 patch, or they immediately compile a patch last minute for some of the known issue.
Their twitter also stop replying to a lot of messages since the game came out, hopefully they are rushing to fix these issues.

I'm just really sad that I don't get to spend the money I just credited. Hopefully Archangel, Theseus, Super Hot and Infinite Minigolf are coming soon.

panda-zebra

It is either they accidentally submitted or Sony pushed out an older version (similar to Quiz Tonight and Fantastic Contraption case), or the game is just utter broken.
Seriously, how did preview version ran so well?

I really hope that's all it is, we all wanted this to be a step up in game play from Farpoint.

There it is.

Got everything crossed here! Odd that there's already a patch underway, probably from reviewer feedback during embargo? Must have been.

This is very disappointing. I was really looking forward to this game.

Top Bottom