• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

mik83kuu

Banned
Haven't played in a while... It's quiet a bit different now. Everyone just shoots on sight. Got into to fire fights just spawning... murdered two people already. :/

I recall someone mentioning a nvidia specific tweak to get some more performance out of this game. Tweaking the max pre-rendered frames? Anyone remember?

It was Max Pre-rendered Frames to 8 or as high as you can get, but I'm not sure if it's much help these days. That can also be set by configuring some Arma2 files, but I don't know much about it.

My tip on how to get the best FPS: Play on a freshly restarted server. You can sort all servers by status and look for "Setting Up" "Briefing" or "Waiting". Those servers have just restarted and have by far the best FPS you'll ever see. If your FPS sucks there, then it's your PC. This tip most likely will be obsolete in a couple of days with 1.7.1

Irish

Man, poor Atomski. GAF killed that fine fellow many times tonight. I'm the dude who shot you in Rog. So sorry, but I had to protect the rest of the group.

So who just shot me and thegabman at the north-east airstrip on US 38?

I lived for at least 15 hours :/

Not cool, man.

Also, i just lost all my stuff 10min before that in some reefs

8HgL6l.jpg

feels bad

Did you have a winchester and were running towards the barns ?

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
So I downloaded the beta patch and ran the EXE. Now it wont let me join the GAF server..

What did I do wrong or not do at all?
Well first ya tried to join a GAF server. Secondly you probably didn't put the beta .exe into arma 2 main folder that is in the expansions/beta folder. I made the same mistake today myself.

legacyzero

Banned
Well first ya tried to join a GAF server. Secondly you probably didn't put the beta .exe into arma 2 main folder that is in the expansions/beta folder. I made the same mistake today myself.
Wait...hold up. confusing.

Can I get a step by step on that? A to "Z" so to speak?

The M.O.B

North East Airfield on US38 is officially Bandit Land.

The Gaf-Crew occupied that place for weeks up until yesterday.

Our old tent city got exposed, everyone got murdered, and our enemies are equipped with the best of sniper rifles including a 50cal. We can't even come close without being sniped.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Wait...hold up. confusing.

Can I get a step by step on that? A to "Z" so to speak?

From xCryonic from DayZ Forums.

1. After you've downloaded and installed the Beta patch of your choice, go to your ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead folder, and open the Beta folder which locates by default in;

64bit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\Beta"

Copy&Paste the beta .exe of "arma2OA.exe" to "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

2. After you've replaced the original .exe with beta .exe, open Steam and right-click ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, choose "Properties" then "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" and add the following parameter;

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DayZ;ca

Now you're good to go, remember to open the game with "Launch as ArmA 2: Combined Operations" otherwise you will encounter problems and the mod will be unplayable.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Guy can't type for SHIT.

Good they're appreciating what the mod does. I guess they wouldn't speak about it otherwise, hah.

The M.O.B

So the Gaf-Stalkers just showed up in our mumble channel and admitted to "blowing our faces off all day" under the name of "MasterTroll" and then left.

abusori

So the Gaf-Stalkers just showed up in our mumble channel and admitted to "blowing our faces off all day" under the name of "MasterTroll" and then left.

KTFlash was the one who said that, MasterTroll was being a troll. Who would've guessed.

I suggest you guys take their allegations of using your admin powers to dupe tents seriously.
You've seen the bullshit that goes down at the dayz forums, I'm sure. Hopefully someone's already submitted a bug about tents duping themselves.

And to the guys doing this, congrats I guess? It's not like it's actually an accomplishment considering our group's just out to have fun. We really aren't prepared to deal with that kind of bullshit.

mik83kuu

Banned

Haha awesome.

If you are reading this MasterTroll: You (guys) are awesome. Keep up the good work. We'll get you one day ;-)

The M.O.B

KTFlash was the one who said that, MasterTroll was being a troll. Who would've guessed.

I suggest you guys take their allegations of using your admin powers to dupe tents seriously.
You've seen the bullshit that goes down at the dayz forums, I'm sure. Hopefully someone's already submitted a bug about tents duping themselves.

And to the guys doing this, congrats I guess? It's not like it's actually an accomplishment considering our group's just out to have fun. We really aren't prepared to deal with that kind of bullshit.

KTFlash was Stuntman, he changed his name to that for some reason.

I don't mind these guys stalking us, as long as they are not ghosting us on Mumble or something. In fact I like competition and it's fun.

As far as them trying to accuse of of Admin abuse, he has zero evidence it was us. A couple of pictures? So what it could have been anybody. Can't blame admins for some people deciding to abuse a known glitch in the game. Especially when Rocket and his team give admins such little control of the servers in the first place.

Varna

Jesus. Anyone else get massive temp spikes playing this game? I got knocked out by sniper round and when I was unconscious my GPU temp hit 90c on my first card. :(

mik83kuu

Banned

There are no admin powers that can be used to dupe tents or any objects in the game. Tents are duped because the placement is bugged right now and the tents duplicate due to that.

Irish

I knew that it was the fucking MasterTroll. Called that shit. Although, we never purposely duped the tents. That shit is bugged.

mik83kuu

Banned
Five minutes ago I was playing a part of some serious herpy derpy on a EU server. I rushed into one of the tents in Stary Sobor and started to get shot at from a tent behind. A dude prone on the tent floor and shooting at me, but all his shots were registered too low so all I could see is ruble flying where he was at. I of course didn't realize this at the moment and went prone myself only to shoot more ruble in the air. After he got up and started to fight all the zombies he had aggroed (I had a silenced MP5 so I was cool), I decided to end his sorry life with a frag grenade. Well let's just say that throwing a frag grenade while in a tent is not a good idea :-(

abusori

There are no admin powers that can be used to dupe tents or any objects in the game. Tents are duped because the placement is bugged right now and the tents duplicate due to that.

I knew that it was the fucking MasterTroll. Called that shit. Although, we never purposely duped the tents. That shit is bugged.

I know it's a bug, because it's happened to me before. I'm just saying I don't want anyone banned/our server killed because of it. If it's a known one, then great, that means I don't have to worry about it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I know it's a bug, because it's happened to me before. I'm just saying I don't want anyone banned/our server killed because of it. If it's a known one, then great, that means I don't have to worry about it.

I did not know it was a known bug, so I PM'd a dev to let them know what happened. I have no problems whatsoever with being killed by those guys as it adds excitement to be hunted, I think it's pretty funny though that they flattened all the tents. That seriously made me laught. But also, they were ghosting around the server and getting better positioning as a result.

I also asked the DEV I PM'd if it was at all possible for a teensy bit more control. It would be good to have a bit more Admin control because as it is, we really can't do shit. I don't want all knowing everything, but I was hoping for the ability to at least be able to see death/kill messages. So something along the lines of;

Douchebag killed Broken
Douchebag killed Mik83ku
Douchebag killed MOB
Douchebag killed Slopeslider
Douchebag killed WedgeX

That way if I saw that many kills I could be able to at least take note of who that player is and if it were to keep popping up consistently, where people on different sides of the map are being killed by the same person I can probably assume they are hacking/cheating. As an Admin, I essentially have to be fucking Batman, in order to figure out who is cheating.
tumblr_lzeo22zxxJ1r3zat8.gif

abusori

Good work Krappa.
We shall remain ever vigilant in the face of our foes, the hacker-types!
*salute*

*Dances away playing a piccolo*

mik83kuu

Banned
I did not know it was a known bug, so I PM'd a dev to let them know what happened. I also asked if it was at all possible for a teensy bit more control. It would be good to have a bit more Admin control because as it is, we really can't do shit. I don't want all knowing everything, but I was hoping for the ability to at least be able to see death/kill messages. So something along the lines of

Douchebag killed Broken
Douchebag killed Mik83ku
Douchebag killed MOB
Douchebag killed Slopeslider
Douchebag killed WedgeX

That way if I saw that many kills I could be able to at least take note of who that player is and if it were to keep popping up consistently, where people on different sides of the map are being killed by the same person I can probably assume they are hacking/cheating. As an Admin, I essentially have to be fucking Batman, in order to figure out who is cheating.

Personally (and this is just me having been an admin for not even 24 hours) I don't want a bunch of people having access to "insider information". I mean we have at least half-a-dozen admins right now and if all of us could easily just look up messages that are hidden on a purpose, that could lead to some people misusing that information.

I mean just today we had zero clue who was owning us, but what if all any of us had to do was look up a log and find out? I know I wouldn't use it, but how about the rest of all the admins on any servers? How about any of us?

- - - - -

Also on another topic: I think we're being framed. This guy says our tent city had lots of duped NVGs. Now as much as I loved the firefights we had earlier I just can't believe this dude is speaking the truth. If a screen shot pops up with one of our tents having several NVGs, I have to say it's planted evidence or a manipulated image.

Now maybe he is just trolling and blah blah yada yada, but what if I'm right? What if someone just pops into our tent city and plants a ton of duped stuff and some of those invisible weapons people keep talking about? Considering people actually pay for the server (I will too, once I get the dough) and work hard to keep it up, it would be devastating if we got pulled out from the master servers.

I want this GAF -vs- one man army (or maybe a bigger group as we originally thought it was Reddit) warfighting, but shit's got to stop at the forums/game/mumble level and not get into servers getting banned and shit.

- - - - -

On a completely different topic: I herpa derped again tonight at the Stary Sobor tents. Went there, it was night on the server I was on and I (out of old habit) decided to adjust the gamma settings. Well you know how close that Options button is to Respawn? Yeah bye bye DMR and other cool shit and hello spawn rouletting :-(

The M.O.B

mik83kuu said:
Also on another topic: I think we're being framed. This guy says our tent city had lots of duped NVGs. Now as much as I loved the firefights we had earlier I just can't believe this dude is speaking the truth. If a screen shot pops up with one of our tents having several NVGs, I have to say it's planted evidence or a manipulated image.

Now maybe he is just trolling and blah blah yada yada, but what if I'm right? What if someone just pops into our tent city and plants a ton of duped stuff and some of those invisible weapons people keep talking about? Considering people actually pay for the server (I will too, once I get the dough) and work hard to keep it up, it would be devastating if we got pulled out from the master servers.

I want this GAF -vs- one man army (or maybe a bigger group as we originally thought it was Reddit) warfighting, but shit's got to stop at the forums/game/mumble level and not get into servers getting banned and shit.

How immature and idiotic these reddit guys are, first they ghost us by joining our mumble channel AND apparently recording us(AKA they are looking for trouble and trying to find dirt on us that isn't there), then they make tons of false claims like we are abusing our admin status.

I have no problems with them wanting to stalk us, but do it in game and not by being a punk and ghosting us.

I'm confident Rocket and his team will find we haven't committed a single act of hacking or admin abuse or any violation of the rules ourselves. Like Mik said, everything they are talking about looks like they planted crap and are now framing us.

I want to enjoy the game, not have reddit douches trying to shut us down.

Oh and STOP putting your Gaf tag in your names people.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I agree with insider information bit I really do, as I think there is definite room for abuse. But I think our mods wouldn't do that or I like to think that. I would not do it at least. I have RCon open when playing but I don't use it at all unless it's to restart the server. I always have my map open on my second monitor instead. But I'd rather have the ability to keep the server from be hacked like it was earlier. People were getting missile struck all over in different parts of the map and there was literally nothing I could do. I think it'd benefit the greater good more than it would hurt. But again, I do see your point.

I think it's funny how those guys are quick to claim hackers/dupers or whatever but I guarantee they raided those tents before they flattened them. Which is hypocritical as shit. But, i'm over feeding those guys anymore. It's OPA, what do you expect?

mik83kuu

Banned
Well since one of them (or the only one, I'm dumb and easily confused) posted pictures on the offical DayZ forums suggesting we had duped tents. Just tents. He took pictures. Now obviously he was clever enough not to outright lie on the official forums, so I guess he did it on Reddit instead. /golfclap

Now here's the thing, everyone from OPA: I believe I speak for every single one of us when I say you are welcome on "our" server and that it is actually a great pleasure to be hunted down by someone clearly talented (no sarcasm there, I recognize when someone is above me in the food chain), but please let's keep this in the game, OK? Just pretty please let's instead play a long long time together killing each other and having fun little paranoia introduced to our lives, instead of going the route of framing, mud slinging and all this other crap. OK? :)

The M.O.B

And to think, this is exactly the sort of BS Nix wanted to avoid.

Oh and don't post on that Reddit comment section guys, that place is a piss pool and we need no defending.

As someone that doesn't have Arma but is considering picking it up for this mod, can anyone explain to me how bad the hacking is in this mod? It sounds like, from this page, that there are some major issues? I can't really keep up with it very well, so I'm just curious.

Blizzard

Banned
Rocket should suddenly add STALKER ghosts and screamy witches and other paranormal things once everyone is bored and complacent and used to zombies. I think having a really rare scary monster frighten a human to death would be funny.

Zombie dogs would be great when he adds the companion dogs. Faster and more aggressive than human zombies so you can't outrun them and they can track your scent so you can't lose them.

Top Bottom