Edit: Leak kinda confirmed real:
The first image is described as what you see when you suspend a game on Switch. The second image is what actually happens as a Switch game is suspended. (I took the second image from this video).
Edit2: If you still had doubts: By now some Switch developers and insiders have also confirmed that this is real.
Apparently Nintendo developer information leaked. There are documents floating around that reveal a ton of information about Switch. If this is fake it's really impressive—there are a ton of files, in-development images and also new shots of Switch (called NX here) itself.
Note: Even if this is real, there may be some outdated information here.
You can download the files here:
(Note: If you don't wanna download the files, I have added all images from them to imgur. But they may not make much sense without context.)
- NX overview: http://www.filedropper.com/nx-overvi...715-en-private
- System features guide: http://www.filedropper.com/nx-system...930-en-private
- SDev Kit quick start: http://www.filedropper.com/nx-sdevqu...729-en-private
Instead of downloading the files, you can also read them online for a limited time. There's a lot of information there, not all of it is covered in this post.
- Switch features guide: http://dystify.com/Features/NX-Syste...res_Guide.html
- Switch overview: http://dystify.com/Overview/NX-Overview.html
- Developer quick start: http://dystify.com/QuickStart/NX-SDEV_Quick_Start.html
- NX overview: http://imgur.com/a/QFscH
- System Features Guide: http://imgur.com/a/FuZf8
- SDEV Quick Start: http://imgur.com/a/vrfoo
Here's a list of some new information from the files.
- HD Rumble's technical name is a Linear resonant actuator
- When in handheld mode, the Switch will have an unlock screen like a smartphone to prevent accidental waking.
- The Switch features a Quick Menu. Press and hold the HOME Button for at least one second to display the Quick Settings screen on top of all other screens, including the HOME Menu and any applications. Unlike the 3DS, the active software will not be suspended when this menu is invoked
- The Switch's keyboard will feature predictive text such as those on iOS and Android
- System Settings will allow the user to edit the following settings:
- Flight Mode Toggle
- Enable/Disable Bluetooth
- Manage Wi-fi
- Manage NFC
- Manage screen brightness
- Screen lock
- User Settings
- Create/Edit Mii
- Theme management
- Controller management
- System Update
- Miis will have more options for hair, eyebrows, eyes, facial hair, glasses, mouths, and skin.
- Miis will not store the creator's name, their favorites, and their birthday anymore. Anyone can edit Mii characters
- Developers can create and sell Season Passes for their games
- This document confirms an X1 like SoC using Maxwell on the final retail version
- There are NO plans to provide an Internet Browser at this stage but developers are able to access a web applet to display specific websites within their game/app
- A maximum of 8 users can be registered on a system
- Friend requests and game invites CAN be sent from the console.
- "Friend Presence is a feature that uses the Internet to convey information in real time about the online status of friends and the applications they are playing. Among possibilities, we see this being used in the application to check whether friends are in the joinable state, and to use the Friend List system feature screen to show what applications friends are playing."
- A Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple Switches BUT save data is not automatically synchronised
- There are TWO dev kit devices: SDEV and EDEV
- SDEV - Has built-in ports; no built-in battery
- EDEV - Resembles the retail product exactly but is black color
- Game cards come in 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB variations.
Nintendo is expanding its online network and offers a library called Network Extension (NEX).
- This feature matches players for multiplayer games. It can be used to bring players together based on matching criteria from among unspecified numbers of users, or to create groups among friends only. Groups can be created temporarily for a multiplayer game, or they can be created as lasting entities usable as communities.
- This feature uploads scores so users can get the relative rankings. Rankings can be calculated for only a certain period of time, or for only the scores of players registered in a certain group, and the score information can be periodically reset.
- This is a network storage feature. Any data can be optionally saved to the game server. This saved data can be tagged, searched, and appended with ratings and the like.
- This is a messaging feature based on the publish-subscribe pattern. It can be used to post messages on certain topics, poll for posts on certain topic, and otherwise share information within the application.
This may be the primary reason we're being asked to pay for online services now.
Nintendo Switch hardware specifications:
Source on reddit.