• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Olengie
Member
(09-19-2017, 09:32 PM)
Olengie's Avatar
Gimme me another game like Battle SEED Destiny Bamco. I need it in me veins!
muteki
Member
(09-19-2017, 10:27 PM)
muteki's Avatar
Interested in another BO game. I didn't play a ton of the original but liked what I played. There aren't enough Gundam games released now that fill the gap between arcadey VS and strategy GGen. I'd rather it be more single player focused but will take what I can get.
Last edited by muteki; 09-20-2017 at 04:50 AM.
distantmantra
Member
(09-19-2017, 11:09 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar
I really want another game like Battlefield Record UC 0081, Unicorn or Side Stories, and a new F2P Battlefield Operation doesn't actually eliminate one from happening. Side Stories and the first BO were in development at the same time.
RangerBAD
Member
(09-20-2017, 12:16 AM)
RangerBAD's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Sum of Zero

Between that and the ZOE 2 remake, I am beyond hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79qbcayOMw

Remaster you mean?
The Sum of Zero
Member
(09-20-2017, 12:19 AM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by RangerBAD

Remaster you mean?

A simple remaster wouldn't include a first person VR mode, would it?

Edit: Press release said remaster. Well ok then.
Last edited by The Sum of Zero; 09-20-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Valkerionseven
Member
(09-20-2017, 01:39 AM)
Valkerionseven's Avatar
Bleh, seems like were gonna get a Barbatos, we already got like what... 4 1/100's of the thing. Diversify! Also if anything deserved a 1/100 or MG scale its the Khimaris Vidar
AALLx
Member
(09-20-2017, 07:14 PM)
AALLx's Avatar
Got word from my local distributor that the PG Exia is indeed real (a few weeks ago, there was a fake news about it), and is expected to come out this December. Still not sure if it's 100% true, but I already signed up for pre-order anyway.
The Sum of Zero
Member
(09-20-2017, 08:33 PM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by AALLx

Got word from my local distributor that the PG Exia is indeed real (a few weeks ago, there was a fake news about it), and is expected to come out this December. Still not sure if it's 100% true, but I already signed up for pre-order anyway.

Nothing against you but I'll believe it when Bandai announces it.
AALLx
Member
(09-20-2017, 08:48 PM)
AALLx's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Sum of Zero

Nothing against you but I'll believe it when Bandai announces it.

Haha, I know, I'm still skeptical myself. Another person asked them if this is related to the fake news and they said to expect a Bandai announcement soon. They already listed the pre-order prices as 18k yen for standard and 32k yen with LED.
Kwixotik
Member
(09-20-2017, 09:15 PM)
Kwixotik's Avatar
I'm trying to quickly recap the early UC series that I've already seen. Just finished the 0079 movies. I know the Zeta movies apparently changed the plot quite a bit toward the end, so here's my plan:

Watch the Zeta movies up until Four's death/Dakar and then switch over to episode 36 and finish via episodes from there. Will that work?

Also, are the Turn A movies any good? I have not seen the series.
AALLx
Member
(09-20-2017, 09:41 PM)
AALLx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

I'm trying to quickly recap the early UC series that I've already seen. Just finished the 0079 movies. I know the Zeta movies apparently changed the plot quite a bit toward the end, so here's my plan:

Watch the Zeta movies up until Four's death/Dakar and then switch over to episode 36 and finish via episodes from there. Will that work?

Also, are the Turn A movies any good? I have not seen the series.

Dunno about the Turn A movie, but most of Gaf seems to love Tomino stuff. I've only seen 10 episodes of Turn A, and my opinion is that it's worse than Gundam X or Seed Destiny.


More on PG Exia, from another retailer (images are mock-ups though):

yami4ct
Member
(09-20-2017, 10:23 PM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by AALLx

Dunno about the Turn A movie, but most of Gaf seems to love Tomino stuff. I've only seen 10 episodes of Turn A, and my opinion is that it's worse than Gundam X or Seed Destiny.


More on PG Exia, from another retailer (images are mock-ups though):

These leaks are out of Chinese sites right? I'd take that with a high grain of salt. It would also be pretty late for an announcement of a a brand new PG for Dec.

On the price end, an extra 140k yen for LEDs seems exorbitant. That's more than it cost to light the entirety of the PG Unicorn. Exia, on the other hand, reasonably could be done with individual gunpla LED style units if they wanted to given how few spots need to be lit on that. For that price, if it were to exist, they sure better be including even more extras and the power cabling needs to light as well.
AALLx
Member
(09-20-2017, 10:45 PM)
AALLx's Avatar

Originally Posted by yami4ct

These leaks are out of Chinese sites right? I'd take that with a high grain of salt. It would also be pretty late for an announcement of a a brand new PG for Dec.

On the price end, an extra 140k yen for LEDs seems exorbitant. That's more than it cost to light the entirety of the PG Unicorn. Exia, on the other hand, reasonably could be done with individual gunpla LED style units if they wanted to given how few spots need to be lit on that. For that price, if it were to exist, they sure better be including even more extras and the power cabling needs to light as well.

Image I posted was from Waylander, which he supposedly took from a major retailer in HK. Before that, I saw the announcement from the local retailer (PH) that I buy my stuff from.

I agree that the LED pricing seems to be excessive. I guess it'll have light for all GN Condensers, but that doesn't seem to justify the price.
Paltheos
Member
(09-21-2017, 04:21 AM)
Paltheos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doukou

Doesn't Age FX have the 3rd highest votes or am I reading it wrong.

It does now. Christ. In the day that passed the FX surged to the top. At the time I posted it was in a distant 5th.
AALLx
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:02 AM)
AALLx's Avatar
AGE suddenly only top with God on second. The heck, did someone run a voting bot?
yami4ct
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:05 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by AALLx

AGE suddenly only top with God on second. The heck, did someone run a voting bot?

Would not shock me. It's not like these kinds of polls are super secure. Either that or some weird community voting one-upmanship on the JP side we don't know about. I can understand Age-FX being desirable to some people because they showed a proto that never went into production, but I would have to think Barbatos and G-Self being main suits with no MG is a bigger draw.
Valkerionseven
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:12 AM)
Valkerionseven's Avatar

While it wasn't finished the Unicorn looked awesome next to the music festival I went to last weekend. Not my picture but was inside at the time lol.
Fou-Lu
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:12 AM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar
Which MG should I get next? I have the Exia Dark Matter, Amazing Red and Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. They were all great fun to build and are amazing to look at.
AALLx
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:14 AM)
AALLx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

Which MG should I get next? I have the Exia Dark Matter, Amazing Red and Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. They were all great fun to build and are amazing to look at.

Might as well get a Build Strike and/or Fenice, so you'll have all the Build Fighters MG.
yami4ct
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:19 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

Which MG should I get next? I have the Exia Dark Matter, Amazing Red and Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. They were all great fun to build and are amazing to look at.

Depends on what you're looking for and what your budget is. What timeline do you like the design sense for? Given you have the Nu Ver. Ka, I might recommend the Hi-Nu Ver Ka or the Sazabi Ver Ka to go with, but I can pull other kits if you're looking for something different.
Fou-Lu
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:25 AM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar

Originally Posted by AALLx

Might as well get a Build Strike and/or Fenice, so you'll have all the Build Fighters MG.

I have a friend who has the Fenice and as cool as it looks the build quality seem pretty low. The Build Strike is pretty cool though.

Originally Posted by yami4ct

Depends on what you're looking for and what your budget is. What timeline do you like the design sense for? Given you have the Nu Ver. Ka, I might recommend the Hi-Nu Ver Ka or the Sazabi Ver Ka to go with, but I can pull other kits if you're looking for something different.

I want that Sazabi Ver Ka real bad and definitely plan to get it one day, but I already have so much red in my collection that it probably won't be my next buy. I am not particularly attached to a timeline or specific series's designs as I tend to like them all (along with mecha in general). Really I just want to build a collection of distinct and beautiful designs that don't feel too fragile (like the Fenice).
yami4ct
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:28 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

I have a friend who has the Fenice and as cool as it looks the build quality seem pretty low. The Build Strike is pretty cool though.



I want that Sazabi Ver Ka real bad and definitely plan to get it one day, but I already have so much red in my collection that it probably won't be my next buy. I am not particularly attached to a timeline or specific series's designs as I tend to like them all (along with mecha in general). Really I just want to build a collection of distinct and beautiful designs that don't feel too fragile (like the Fenice).

What kit classes are you looking for? Like, obviously a PG is a bit ask for a lot of people, but are you looking at something all the way at that level or do you want a cheaper kit in the HG or RG range or do you want to stick strictly to MGs?
AALLx
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:36 AM)
AALLx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

I have a friend who has the Fenice and as cool as it looks the build quality seem pretty low. The Build Strike is pretty cool though.



I want that Sazabi Ver Ka real bad and definitely plan to get it one day, but I already have so much red in my collection that it probably won't be my next buy. I am not particularly attached to a timeline or specific series's designs as I tend to like them all (along with mecha in general). Really I just want to build a collection of distinct and beautiful designs that don't feel too fragile (like the Fenice).

Stay away from Unicorn and Banshee MGs as those will fall apart the moment you blink at them.

My go to recommendations are the Freedom 2.0 MG, Providence, or Justice. They have the latest in MG tech, they have a beautiful silhouette, the details are sharp and impeccable, probably the most posable of any MGs, and they are really sturdy due to a lack of polycaps. I've heard of issues regarding the waist peg, but I've never encountered those issues with mine. If you do get them, just be careful with the waist peg whenever it is extended down.
Fou-Lu
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:37 AM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar
I find the MGs are the sweet spot for scale, colour, posing, etc. I want to get a PG eventually but not prepared for it yet. I have never built an HG I felt happy with, but I have never tried an RG (the scale throws me off).

Originally Posted by AALLx

Stay away from Unicorn and Banshee MGs as those will fall apart the moment you blink at them.

My go to recommendations are the Freedom 2.0 MG, Providence, or Justice. They have the latest in MG tech, they have a beautiful silhouette, the details are sharp and impeccable, probably the most posable of any MGs, and they are really sturdy due to a lack of polycaps. I've heard of issues regarding the waist peg, but I've never encountered those issues with mine. If you do get them, just be careful with the waist peg whenever it is extended down.

All three of those are great options. I love the Justice's colour scheme and the bulkiness of the Providence.
Last edited by Fou-Lu; 09-21-2017 at 06:44 AM.
yami4ct
Member
(09-21-2017, 06:46 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

I find the MGs are the sweet spot for scale, colour, posing, etc. I want to get a PG eventually but not prepared for it yet. I have never built an HG I felt happy with, but I have never tried an RG (the scale throws me off).

If you ever do build a PG, I can't recommend the PG Unicorn highly enough. It's expensive, and even more so if you want to install the LEDs, but it's my personal favorite kit Bandai has done and a really fun and engaging build. If you don't mind not having the main suit too, I would get the Banshee if you can only have one. I adore the colors and equipment of that kit.

On the MG end, the SEED kits AALLx just recommend all seem good. I'm actually getting the Freedom 2.0 in my next order, but they have great designs with a fantastic dynamic look to them. Bandai really pulled out all the stops for that frame.

Other kits I really like and would recommend the Hi-Nu as I mentioned, the Turn A and Turn X both are stable beautiful and distinct designs (you might just want to buy some blue tac to stick the Turn A's weapons to its hands. The old style hands don't like holding them), the Jesta and GM Sniper II are grunt suits with great kits, The Double X is a sturdy kit who's only problem is weak ankles, the Hyaku-Shiki ver 2.0 is very distinctive and eye catching, or perhaps get the RX-78 The Origin ver to have a fantastic kit of the original on your shelf.

I love RGs personally, but I understand they tend to be a bit on the fragile end for some people. All that being said, there are some that I think look great and are decently durable for the size. Maybe look at the new RG Unicorn, RG Astray or the RG GP-01.
NEO0MJ
Member
(09-21-2017, 12:31 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

Which MG should I get next? I have the Exia Dark Matter, Amazing Red and Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. They were all great fun to build and are amazing to look at.

I want to say Turn X. It was a fun and relatively easy build. Not sure how much you like it's design as it's kinda unconventional in comparison to what you built but I absolutely love it.
davidwhangchoi
Member
(09-21-2017, 03:47 PM)
davidwhangchoi's Avatar
from crossbone: crosspost from actionGAF (thanks LiK)
Harrison Martin

21000yen
Last edited by davidwhangchoi; 09-21-2017 at 04:00 PM.
AALLx
Member
(09-21-2017, 03:57 PM)
AALLx's Avatar
Wooooh, Metal Builds!

Just announced as well, MB Exia 10th Anniversary Edition:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...a-10th_20.html
The Sum of Zero
Member
(09-21-2017, 04:36 PM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fou-Lu

Which MG should I get next? I have the Exia Dark Matter, Amazing Red and Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. They were all great fun to build and are amazing to look at.

All the other suggestions were great, so the only one I could recommend that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Proto Zero.
Wubby
(09-21-2017, 04:49 PM)
Wubby's Avatar
MG ZZ is in! Will have to start on it this weekend.

Will be headed off to Tokyo for the hobby show next week. Hope we get some good reveals!
Fou-Lu
Member
(09-21-2017, 05:10 PM)
Fou-Lu's Avatar
It looks like Hobbywave is dead. I have no idea where to get my kits from in Canada now. I might have to start ordering from Japan.
Valkerionseven
Member
(09-22-2017, 12:58 AM)
Valkerionseven's Avatar
ZZeta looks great from the straight builds I've seen. All those transforming parts are the real determining factor though. Wonder how well it holds together.
The Sum of Zero
Member
(09-22-2017, 01:04 AM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wubby

MG ZZ is in! Will have to start on it this weekend.


Will be headed off to Tokyo for the hobby show next week. Hope we get some good reveals!

Well if you like ZZ enough, P-Bandai will have something for you.

For my part this ZZ Ver Ka was never on my radar (I eventually plan to just get the HGUC ZZ), but I admit it does look pretty good. Won't rule out an impulse purchase (same way I got Nu ver Ka).

Will admit this looks cool:
Last edited by The Sum of Zero; 09-22-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Wubby
(09-22-2017, 03:31 AM)
Wubby's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Sum of Zero

Well if you like ZZ enough, P-Bandai will have something for you.

I will be getting this as soon as they open orders on the P-Bandai site! Put in an order for the PG Phenix reissue recently but its a 'lottery sale' this time so don't know if I will get.
yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 03:35 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar
I'm interested in that ZZ Upgrade, but I need to see a full accounting of the changes first. I'm sure we'll get a good look at it when it goes up for sale here tomorrow or so. I like the bigger backpack but not sure if I like it enough to grab the whole upgrade set.
Bombless
Member
(09-22-2017, 05:12 AM)
Bombless's Avatar
Time for Duckroll to shine again.
http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-82369.html
davidwhangchoi
Member
(09-22-2017, 05:17 AM)
davidwhangchoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by AALLx

Dunno about the Turn A movie, but most of Gaf seems to love Tomino stuff. I've only seen 10 episodes of Turn A, and my opinion is that it's worse than Gundam X or Seed Destiny.


More on PG Exia, from another retailer (images are mock-ups though):

Originally Posted by Bombless

Time for Duckroll to shine again.
http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-82369.html

PG Exia is true
yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 05:49 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar
Man. I buy 2 PGs this year and now this. Now I need to decide if this is a thing I want to make happen this year or not.

Well, guess we need to see the full reveal first. If it has fucked up proportions like the PG 00 then it'll be an easy pass.
Valkerionseven
Member
(09-22-2017, 06:09 AM)
Valkerionseven's Avatar
Been hovering the PG train for the last 2 and half years. Might jump on it in Spring. That Banshee or Fenix looks good~
yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 06:12 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valkerionseven

Been hovering the PG train for the last 2 and half years. Might jump on it in Spring. That Banshee or Fenix looks good~

The Banshee is one of the ones I got this year. It's an amazing kit. I already like the unicorn, but I like the Banshee even more. Having built the basic unicorn with the LEDs, I recommend getting them if you can as it's a hell of a display, but if you don't want that extra expense you shouldn't skip the kit entirely.
The Sum of Zero
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:04 AM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by davidwhangchoi

PG Exia is true

Well I'll be damned. And I still haven't gotten the PG Unicorn yet.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-22-2017, 07:06 AM)
duckroll's Avatar
Does anyone want to talk about how awesome Gundam the Origin is?

yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:13 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Does anyone want to talk about how awesome Gundam the Origin is?

Always. It really is amazing. Fantastically paced and written and that art too.
PixelatedBookake
Junior Member
(09-22-2017, 07:17 AM)
PixelatedBookake's Avatar
I'm glad I found this thread. A few years ago I watched Mobile Suit Gundam and some of Zeta but I lost interest. That Gundam VS beta gave me Gundam fever and I spent all week marathoning Gundam Wing and watched Endless Waltz. I just started G Gundam as well. Ooooh the Gundam bug sunk its teeth in me deep right now.
Kvik
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:20 AM)
Kvik's Avatar
I own the entirety of Gundam Origin hardcover by Vertical and it is gorgeous. I didn't know that Yasuhiko-sensei drew all the action scenes/gundam fights without any guide lines until I read the extras at the end of volume 4.

The reason why he is capable to do all this was simply (in his own words: "I started as an animator). lol

I mean, I love Murata and his art, but Yasuhiko is on another whole new level.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-22-2017, 07:24 AM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by yami4ct

Always. It really is amazing. Fantastically paced and written and that art too.

Aside from the -insane- production quality of Vertical's release, the pacing is what impresses me the most about how Origin is presented. These hardcover deluxe releases are perfect. They don't even feel like a serialized manga. Each volume feels like a complete book in the Gundam saga. There's a beginning, a middle, and an end. It covers an entire complete arc. The chapters are internally numbered. Reading it isn't like reading a compilation of weekly or monthly chapters so much as watching a whole film or a novel in a series.
yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:28 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Aside from the -insane- production quality of Vertical's release, the pacing is what impresses me the most about how Origin is presented. These hardcover deluxe releases are perfect. They don't even feel like a serialized manga. Each volume feels like a complete book in the Gundam saga. There's a beginning, a middle, and an end. It covers an entire complete arc. The chapters are internally numbered. Reading it isn't like reading a compilation of weekly or monthly chapters so much as watching a whole film or a novel in a series.

I totally agree. Had I read the series month to month a chapter at a time, I think I would've had problems with the huge diversion that is the flashback arc. The way the hardcovers split that arc up, though, absolutely kept my attention. Each section being a complete mini-arc stopped me from really thinking about how long it's been since we've returned to the OYW story.

I'm reading the Gundam Seed Astray manga right now as I wanted a bit more backstory on the PG Red Astray I'm building, and it makes me appreciate how much the pacing adds to The Origin. I don't hate Astray, but that thing hops all over the map in its timeline and that overly fast pace really hurts a lot of the stakes, both personal and in terms of the whole world, that the story tries to have.
Last edited by yami4ct; 09-22-2017 at 07:31 AM.
TacticalHotdog
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:45 AM)
TacticalHotdog's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Does anyone want to talk about how awesome Gundam the Origin is?

I love the color pages


yami4ct
Member
(09-22-2017, 07:47 AM)
yami4ct's Avatar

Originally Posted by TacticalHotdog

I love the color pages

Yeah, but those color pages color the RX-78 V-Fin yellow. Sacrilege.
RangerBAD
Member
(09-23-2017, 03:10 AM)
RangerBAD's Avatar
If you guys were expecting less flashbacks and more cohesion in the rest of the Twilight Axis episodes, prepare to be disappointed. lol The Gundam pilot is also a wretch. Without having read the source material, I'm not sure what's at fault.
Last edited by RangerBAD; 09-23-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Thread Tools