• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

mreddie

Legion is like a brand drink, ya know, something that matters

Inhumans is that motherfucker who brings Dr. Thunder to the damn cookout

Dirty ass

I was gonna do a Dr Thunder joke but no, even that shit tastes decent.

Beverly is bitter and nasty...like the assholes who greenlighted and rushed that shit.

LionPride

Banned
Fantastic Four movie under Fox?

In this economy?

giphy.gif

Glass Rebel

The Deadpool corner of the X-Men film universe is the most exciting one for me personally. Sadly, Singer fucked up Angel (twice!), Apocalypse and Psylocke so we probably won't get a good adaptation of Remender's GOAT X-Force run but I'm still confident these movies are gonna be decent at worst. Zazie Beetz and Brolin were inspired casting choices. Now I only need confirmation that the Ricky Baker kid is Goldenballs.

New Mutants has the potential to be good but the more grounded take has me worried. I have no desire to see these half-assed adaptations in 2017.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is gonna be an unmitigated disaster. Simon Kinberg is a fucking hack.

I'm gonna check out Gifted solely on the strength of Legion.

Anyway, what do you guys think about that Disney streaming service and them potentially spinning off Marvel and Star Wars content as well? It's still a ways off but (if it's successful) it might mean no Netflix or Hulu shows anymore.

I'm not really looking forward to paying for another subscription but if they use (good) original content based on those properties I might hop on.

LionPride

Banned
Let's put it like this

If such an action is to occur

I will do what I am planning on doing to watch YJ season 3 since that'll be on WB's streaming service

The Disney streaming service will probably be US only for a while, so I don't think international peeps will have to worry about content going away too soon, if at all.

If it's a global thing, I won't subscribe unless they get a bunch of (good) exclusive shows. I still buy physical media and have a lot of stuff they falls under the Disney umbrella, so I wont be needing to stream their movies. Netflix is the only streaming service I use and the content I haven't watched is overwhelming.

They're definitely going to launch a Star Wars TV show with that subscription service of theirs.

I think the Marvel stuff is going to be with Netflix for a while longer considering Netflix co-funds the production of the shows.

Glass Rebel

The Disney streaming service will probably be US only for a while, so I don't think international peeps will have to worry about content going away too soon, if at all.

If it's a global thing, I won't subscribe unless they get a bunch of (good) exclusive shows. I still buy physical media and have a lot of stuff they falls under the Disney umbrella, so I wont be needing to stream their movies. Netflix is the only streaming service I use and the content I haven't watched is overwhelming.

I thought they already have something in that vein set up in the UK? Streaming is becoming the de-facto standard in how we consume media so I wouldn't count on Disney keeping it stateside for too long. I also wouldn't be surprised if they practically fold Freeform into this because the demo they (try to) reach doesn't really watch TV like that anymore.

They're definitely going to launch a Star Wars TV show with that subscription service of theirs.

I think the Marvel stuff is going to be with Netflix for a while longer considering Netflix co-funds the production of the shows.

Yea, I think the Netflix stuff they have right now is very likely staying for a while but any future content is gonna be made with their new streaming service in mind. If they're really serious about it, there's no reason not to leverage all their brands.

Glass Rebel

There's a lot of non-news from Gunn's Facebook Q&A but here's an interesting snippet about the first GotG:

There is some messy villain plot stuff in the first movie I'd like to deal with again. There was a committee working for Marvel at the time (now defunct) who had a lot of input, and that was primarily where it ended up. It just got a little messy. My favorite part of both movies is probably the Cat Stevens montage at the end of Vol. 2. It still gets me emotionally. I also still love Drax petting Rocket in Vol. 1.

Also apparently Kurt Russel's hair is as amazing in person as it is in the movie. Damn.

tomtom94

I thought they already have something in that vein set up in the UK?
They do - they pulled their entire animated library from Netflix last year - but the Marvel movies are handled separately. They usually go up two years after the cinema release, but occasionally some of them disappear for a few months so that the BBC can air them around Christmas and Easter.

From the sounds of things that's not the plan for the US though?

AMUSIX

Damnit, I really need to keep my hype in check for this movie...but it's so difficult to do when they release shit like this...
NKGGy4Z.jpg

dh4niel

Super hyped for Deadpool 2 after the Cable reveal. I know it's not proper X-Men but it's kinda filling that void for me.

I thought they already have something in that vein set up in the UK? Streaming is becoming the de-facto standard in how we consume media so I wouldn't count on Disney keeping it stateside for too long. I also wouldn't be surprised if they practically fold Freeform into this because the demo they (try to) reach doesn't really watch TV like that anymore.
They do but I don't think they're going to base their model on that.

There's a lot of non-news from Gunn's Facebook Q&A but here's an interesting snippet about the first GotG:

Also apparently Kurt Russel's hair is as amazing in person as it is in the movie. Damn.

Interesting, is that the same thing as Ike interfering with the movies? I truly believe we'd have had a more sympathetic, well-developed Ronan now, looking at what he did with Ego (largely off his own back given how wildly different comics Ego is).

And I actually consider his use of Father and Son to be sort of unfair, that song is pure emotion distilled. Not even giving his audiences a chance! Was watching Vol 2 on a plane yesterday and had to visibly restrain myself so the person next to me didn't see me as a blubbering mess!

The Kree

Banned
Interesting, is that the same thing as Ike interfering with the movies? I truly believe we'd have had a more sympathetic, well-developed Ronan now, looking at what he did with Ego (largely off his own back given how wildly different comics Ego is).

And I actually consider his use of Father and Son to be sort of unfair, that song is pure emotion distilled. Not even giving his audiences a chance! Was watching Vol 2 on a plane yesterday and had to visibly restrain myself so the person next to me didn't see me as a blubbering mess!

The committee he's referring to was made up of some guys from editorial. Quesada, Bendis, someone else I think.

Ronan is the biggest fucking missed opportunity in the entire MCU. For them to have access to a character like that and completely waste him is unforgivable.

They could have just used some Chitauri guy or something if they were gonna make him into a generic terrorist type.

Ronan is the biggest fucking missed opportunity in the entire MCU. For them to have access to a character like that and completely waste him is unforgivable.

They could have just used some Chitauri guy or something if they were gonna make him into a generic terrorist type.

Agreed. As much as I loved that movie, I'll always hold this against it. Ronan is one of the more 3 dimensional villains Marvel has and to have access to him and still do him like that is a damn shame.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Didn't someone have a group re-watch of the movies planned? Scheduled so we end up rewatching all of them in time for Infinity War?

Is there a thread for that yet?

thats me! ill post it up this weekend

it wont be fancy but itll be fun

Mafro

I really enjoyed Guardians but this was a huge black mark against it imo. Really dumb just killing him off like that.

Top Bottom