• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Kinect and Gameplay Video (UI stuff)

Sioen

Oh no need to apologize. No, no, no, no. I was just making an observation about ;) in general. No, I wasn't offended by what you posted at all. I was just making an observation and wanted to see if anyone agreed or not.
Okay it's a bit hard sometimes for me to bring over my message in English, might have to work on that. :)

Pbae

C'mon people, it's like no one read The Boy Who Cries Wolf!

You know, the story where a boy cries wolf a bunch of times to get what he wants even though it's all a lie but eventually people believe him and readily hand over their gold and resources to fortify their little town from the all too real danger lurking in the dark that doesn't exist. Then a brave townie calls him out and all the townsfolk are like, "Who does this fucker think he is, stop picking on our beloved boy who saved us all?" and for the next 7-10 years they live blissfully entrenched in their fortification while the world turns and men have created wonders beyond imagination.

The moral of the story: at least they have kinect.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
assuming that's true, i'm sure there is no possible way MS could fix a crashing bug in the snap feature before launch.. *rollseyes* I mean once broken, always broken, right?

And I said anything along those lines where exactly? I never said the rumored issue couldn't be fixed.

PBY

Banned

You know, the story where a boy cries wolf a bunch of times to get what he wants even though it's all a lie but eventually people believe him and readily hand over their gold and resources to fortify their little town from the all too real danger lurking in the dark that doesn't exist. Then a brave townie calls him out and all the townsfolk are like, "Who does this fucker think he is, stop picking on our beloved boy who saved us all?" and for the next 7-10 years they live blissfully entrenched in their fortification while the world turns and men have created wonders beyond imagination.

What.

UNCMark

Banned
The buttmad in the description of that Youtube video is pretty hilarious.

"You're not going to grovel in appreciation at this blatantly fake and utterly unproven presentation of the UI? Well fuck you, comments disabled! Also, you all need to grow up!"

More people should do that. If the youtube community is too immature to communicate civilly, then remove their ability to be douchebags.

JaggedSac

I'm a novice on how this happens, but I think the Snap and UI functions are separated from the gaming side of the console so that there won't need to be issues like this. That is why MS built the console they way they did so that the functions could operate separately. Otherwise you could run into issues in testing where you need to snap every second.

Think of it this way, if you are a dev for either console do you want to be forced to download the daily beta updates to check for compliance?

That is certainly how it works. But there are probably events fired that devs can listen for when snaps occur or go away. So in that sense, they would want to test those if they are listening for them.

McLovin

Thats all nice and good, but I would like to see someone use it live. And not have some pre-recorded video with some guy on stage pretending to be doing it live.

Wurdfurd

Since the GAF and N4G community can't be trusted to fairly rate this video or leave mature comments I've gone ahead and turned off ratings and comments. Maybe one day the communities will grow up and stop acting like children but I'm not holding my breath.

Grow up guys.

lmao

This guy is smoking that loud right now.

And I said anything along those lines where exactly? I never said the rumored issue couldn't be fixed.

the point is, those rumors are silly because (assuming they are not making them up outright or misinformed) whoever starts them would have to have seen a version of the UI that was ancient by software standards. now you have people assuming "things are broken" and will be broken at launch (a complete jump to conclusions). it's just silly.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
the point is, those rumors are silly because (assuming they are not making them up outright or misinformed) whoever starts them would have to have seen a version of the UI that was ancient by software standards. now you have people assuming "things are broken" and will be broken at launch (a complete jump to conclusions). it's just silly.

It's just a fact of console launches. People are going to need thicker skin around here for awhile.

And rumors can be very, very informative in the long run sometimes. Look back to Adam Orth.

R3TRODYCE

I should clarify I spent all of 10 minutes with it, mostly just bouncing around the OS and launching stuff. Not a deep dive by any means. But my initial impressions were that navigation is very slick, as is launching in and out of games/apps and the TV integration.

So good.

KoopaTheCasual

e3-kinect-star-wars-fail.gif

Top Bottom