• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

17 gets 2 full episodes while Piccolo gets only 2 minutes if that.

Guess we know who is playing a bigger role in the tournament.
It's Roshi.

Slaythe

What an asshole. He would have gone with Goku and Vegeta to the future and kill Merged Zamasu after doing some sit ups.

Trunks killing him after receiving the power of Yajirobé, a malnurished cat, 2 kids and 5 random dudes sure made more sense. (reminder that Goku and Vegeta had no strength left)

Early part of the arc has Goten and Trunks wanting to train, now they spend a pretty sizable amount of time talking about Uub.
We're totally getting end of Z before too long.
Old man builds robots in a cave stronger than the leader of the space mafia : hmmm yes this is valid
That robot gets stronger :WHAT THE FUCK MY IMMERSION

Yeah, I don't understand. Gero made 17 and 18 way stronger than Freeza based off of info only going up to the Saiyan arc. 17's lowest power without any training is way higher than Freeza or any of the main cast and he's had plenty of time to get stronger.
Also they aren't robots.

Trunks killing him after receiving the power of Yajirobé, a malnurished cat, 2 kids and 5 random dudes sure made more sense. (reminder that Goku and Vegeta had no strength left)

Goku described that attack as being like a Genkidama so Trunks also got energy from the air, fauna and other nearby planets and the sun. Also don't twist events, Goku and Vegeta did have energy.

In the end it's still less, much less bullshit than this episode.

This episode is GT levels of bad. Maybe even worse...

Shouta

Getting bent out of shape because 17 is buff as hell is pretty hilarious. It's not a surprise at all, especially considering their origins and the logic setup through Freeza.

Slaythe

Goku described that attack as being like a Genkidama so Trunks also got energy from the air, fauna and other nearby planets and the sun. Also don't twist events, Goku and Vegeta did have energy.

Int he end it's still less, much less bullshit than this episode.

Goku and Vegeta were said to have no energy left because of the final Kamehameha and they couldn't even turn blue anymore.

Also, lol.

So they needed the whole universe to beat Majin Buu, but a half ravaged future Earth was enough ? You're seriously telling me this makes sense ?

Old man builds robots in a cave stronger than the leader of the space mafia : hmmm yes this is valid
That robot gets stronger :WHAT THE FUCK MY IMMERSION

i don't get these kind of posts, how do you know the people who are complaining about 17 don't also think the androids being that strong in the first place is stupid? Same with people bringing up Frieza, how do you know those people don't think Frieza getting so strong in 4 months was also stupid?

Nothing is more bullshit than the tag team episode where Trunks fights off Black and gets affected by Black's Kamehameha in the same way Goku does.

At least this has an explanation. That random power boost in the tag team episode was set up terribly.

In the end it's still less, much less bullshit than this episode.

This episode is GT levels of bad. Maybe even worse...

17's base power with no training is massively higher than Freeza and he's has a long time to get stronger.

HardRojo

I thought Goku looked exceptionally good in this episode. Lots of incredible shots.

For once.
This was a nicely drawn episode. 17 looked great in almost all of his shots. I don't like the combination of Goku's classic gi plus SSB 😕 RoF gi looked so much better.

Slaythe

Nice, haven't been keeping up with the spoilers.

---

This episode begs the question, where was 17 during the Buu arc? He would have been a great help against him.

He can't feel ki. So that probably made tracking Buu quite hard.

Maybe he was turned into candy. Or he died when the earth was blown up.

Early part of the arc has Goten and Trunks wanting to train, now they spend a pretty sizable amount of time talking about Uub.

Yeah, I don't understand. Gero made 17 and 18 way stronger than Freeza based off of info only going up to the Saiyan arc. 17's lowest power without any training is way higher than Freeza or any of the main cast and he's had plenty of time to get stronger.
Also they aren't robots.

I always chuckle when Gero didn't know about the Super Saiyan transformation but yet 17 and 18 wipes the floor with 2 of them.

Slaythe

Goku vs Buu's fight was broadcast-ed to every human in the world.

And how do you suggest 17 gets there ? He can't teleport nor feel them. And in the anime it might have lasted 8 years, but in the manga that was a very brief encounter.

Arched, the HD episode is out ... <3

Also they aren't robots.

It's quite simple really. Freeza had a training partner and limitless planets to train in. He also got a transformation that was called an evolution.

17 just trained on an island and alone. He's also human. Even if he was modified, he's still just a human.

It would never make sense, no matter how hard people try.

daman824

Ubbs getting all hyped up when in reality he and a few other young characters (bra, pan, and maybe goten/trunks) will have a significant role in a time skip arc before fading into irrelevance

Limit

He was already shown dealing with poachers in Z so i'm not sure what that would accomplish, unless its a reminder that "hey i'm still doing this".

I don't remember 17 doing anything after cell arc. It's been years. But my point is, there is no journey shown in how 17 was in Z during cell saga vs. what he is right now. You can give anyone any powerup provided there is good storytelling behind it. There was a journey behind Goku going SSJ the first time, Gohan going SSJ2 first time, and even Goku going red/blue the first time. This is part of any decent storytelling. There is none for 17.

It's quite simple really. Freeza had a training partner and limitless planets to train in. He also got a transformation that was called an evolution.

17 just trained on an island and alone. He's also human. Even if he was modified, he's still just a human.

He's not "just a human" no matter how hard you try to make it so.

Slaythe

He was called a super human in the actual show literally 3 episodes ago.

His biology was altered to be far beyond humans.

If Tien can hold his ground with his speed in power vs Blue then OK they would have jumped the shark.

HardRojo

A friend is fangirling hard for 17 lol. Her favorite character is Vegeta but it seems 17's kindness and new life has turned her into a big 17 fan. Poor Vegeta, having fans snatched from him.

Concerning why 17 didn't help Goku with Buu, I'm wondering if 17 wasn't that much stronger than his Android saga self at that point so he didn't see what he could offer; hence just helping out with Goku's spirit bomb and then training that has led up to tonight's episode

So wait, 17 could more or less fight on par with Super Saiyan God Goku. Assuming that 18 is still supposed to be around 17's ballpark, it makes even less sense why she stayed behind when Freeza's army invaded Earth.

It kinda bothers me that they talk about 17's family but don't actually show us what they look like.

He's human with a base power far beyond Freeza or any of the Saiyans, his gains should be proportionally larger as well.

Why is having someone to train with now a requirement to get stronger? Goku trains by himself most of the time. Also Freeza didn't really have a training partner, he had a person who he practiced torture on.

Slaythe

Concerning why 17 didn't help Goku with Buu, I'm wondering if 17 wasn't that much stronger than his Android saga self at that point so he didn't see what he could offer; hence just helping out with Goku's spirit bomb and then training that has led up to tonight's episode

So he only trained for 4 years instead....

UNBELIEVABLE I AM QUITTING THE SHOW

Zolo

why aren't we all talking about how the lookout can move? IT CAN MOVE, THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

That was my biggest WTF this episode.

A friend is fangirling hard for 17 lol. Her favorite character is Vegeta but it seems 17's kindness and new life has turned her into a big 17 fan. Poor Vegeta, having fans snatched from him.
Toei going hard after that female audience. Also technically think 17's supposed to represent the ideal Japanese idea of coolness.

He's human with a base power far beyond Freeza or any of the Saiyans, his gains should be proportionally larger as well.

Why is having someone to train with now a requirement to get stronger? Goku trains by himself most of the time. Also Freeza didn't really have a training partner, he had a person who he practiced torture on.

I think having a training partner would be more efficient, but that's heavily offset by the fact that 17 has been training for 30X longer than Freiza had.

Also, did anyone else think that 17 absorbing Blue Kamehameha powered him up anyway?

17 is fine with letting the universe get blown up, when Buu came around he probably took the same mindset "whatever happens happens, I don't need to get involved". Unless Buu came to his island and started eating animals 17 aint doing jack shit but going with the flow.

It kinda bothers me that they talk about 17's family but don't actually show us what they look like.

Tagoma said he was his training partner.

Training with someone is more effective than training alone.

So he only trained for 4 years instead....

UNBELIEVABLE I AM QUITTING THE SHOW

LOL, I see both sides to what tonight has caused, but I think overall this is a good thing for the series. I like that someone was able to just train (not needing any power ups transformations) and through their training is able to hang with the best

Yamcha and Roshi are still my favorite characters in the entire series. :)

Yamcha should be inspired by 17 and see that training really does work. I like Yamcha as well. Tien is the human Z Fighter I want to see succeed the most, but Yamcha is my favorite human Z fighter. I'm fine with him jobbing and being a joke but I would like to see him get some positive screen time as well

17 is fine with letting the universe get blown up, when Buu came around he probably took the same mindset "whatever happens happens, I don't need to get involved". Unless Buu came to his island and started eating animals 17 aint doing jack shit but going with the flow.

This is a great point

Shouta

So wait, 17 could more or less fight on par with Super Saiyan God Goku. Assuming that 18 is still supposed to be around 17's ballpark, it makes even less sense why she stayed behind when Freeza's army invaded Earth.

No 18 probably hasn't been training at all so she's at her base strength, which should be about the same as during the entire Cell arc. Even if she trained a bit, she probably hasn't done it extensively because of Marron.

I-hate-u

And how do you suggest 17 gets there ? He can't teleport nor feel them. And in the anime it might have lasted 8 years, but in the manga that was a very brief encounter.

Arched, the HD episode is out ... <3

My point is I wish they used 17 more in the Buu saga considering his massive potential. They would have found a way.

Slaythe

I think having a training partner would be more efficient, but that's heavily offset by the fact that 17 has been training for 30X longer than Freiza had.

Also, did anyone else think that 17 absorbing Blue Kamehameha powered him up anyway?

Yeah but then it exploded.

I was hoping they would go for that, as it would have removed all the complaints about power level.

Maybe they can just add that information later on, retroactively.

Slaythe

Imagine if 17 had a training partner

would have been GOAT

I'm still hoping they all go into HTC and he trains his sister now right before the tournament.

Speaking of Roshi. I'm fully expecting Goku to fight him with Blue now.

Gotta take the bullshit train all the way.

I'm gonna laugh if the only one that doesn't get the blue treatment is Piccolo.

My point is I wish they used 17 more in the Buu saga considering his massive potential. They would have found a way.

Oh obviously, but I think at this point Toriyama completely forgot about 17. The Buu saga was all about Saiyans and it was pretty bad because it kept having one sided battles.

edit:

Also, is GAF glitching ? My posts keep showing before the ones I'm replying to ??

Alchemy

This is basically me right now, I teared up when Vegeta held Bulla but park ranger 17 is really doing it for me for some reason :x

When I found out 17 had a brief cameo in the Buu saga I thought that was so strange because 18 had become fully incorporated into the supporting cast. So before this arc, I would agree with you. But now that 17 has come from out of nowhere and has this reclusive life devoted to helping animals and focusing on his family, I wonder if the impact of this moment in Super would be lessened had 17 been involved more in the Buu arc.

It could have been cool to see how he could have helped in that Saiyan heavy arc, but with how things have turned out with his inclusion in Super, I'm okay with it all in retrospect

Slaythe

This is basically me right now, I teared up when Vegeta held Bulla but park ranger 17 is really doing it for me for some reason :x

Yes... his time has come.

Also I don't know if you guys noticed, but his voice actor deepened his voice a whole lot, to make him sound more mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom