• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Cheers Alr1ght!

---

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks?

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

---

FUCK at these. Makes sense, because in their new DRM presser they clearly mention that lending and borrowing etc will not be available at launch. That they're still working on it. Convenient!

Cheers Alr1ght!

---

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks?

11. No DRM info for PS4.

---

FUCK at these. Makes sense, because in their new DRM presser they clearly mention that lending and borrowing etc will not be available at launch. That they're still working on it. Convenient!
0sBeORx.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
can someone translate the whole post please?

Sure:

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

Microsoft is paying third parties to not mention PS4 versions a la Sony and Diablo 3 (until they just announced it for 360 a day or two ago). If a game is not explicitly said to be Xbox One exclusive, it isn't.

---

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

Microsoft has no strategy or support plan for game rentals. They will also talk more about their DRM at GamesCom.

---

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

The cloud is primarily a DRM tool. Microsoft approached third parties with this plan instead of them requesting it. EA and Ubisoft love it, but Activision isn't nearly as supportive.

---

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

The Xbox One's DRM is worse than we know, but no one will explain exactly how to CBOAT yet.

---

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

Mirror's Edge will appear at Microsoft's conference, but Tim Langdell won't be there (he's the trademark troll).

---

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

A regurgitated Prince of Persia game will be at Microsoft's press conference.

---

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

World of Tanks is coming to Xbox One. Phil Spencer is very happy about this.

---

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

You need Xbox Live Gold to play f2p games.

---

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game are at the Xbox One conference.

---

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

There is no paywall for Sony's online.

---

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Sony won't talk about DRM at all. CBOAT doesn't know their DRM plan.

vareon

Microsoft is actively attempting to make sure that multi-platform titles do not mention the PS4 version ("buying" the non-mentions--presumably by offering incentives). As a result, there will be titles that do not have a PS4 version mentioned, but are arriving on PS4. Unless exclusivity is explicitly specified, there is a PS4 version behind the scenes, but it's not being discussed.

Thanks!

Sblargh

Banned
If Sony is holding information on DRM because it is horrible, that's it for consoles. For realsies this time. I say I am a PC-only guy now, but am still very firmly on the fence for a PS4, if not at launch, at least next year.

Now, if like the Xbone, it is "like steam" except without any of the stuff that makes the PC so good, then the age of consoles is dead for sure. (at least in my house)

So:

1. MS 'moneyhatting' third parties to not mention PS4 version of multiplats and only show on Xbone

2. There is no rental plan, that's just a smoke screen. Execs cancelled interviews because the messaging talking points aren't complete for damage control and MS can't afford confused execs revealing the unvarnished truth.

3. The Clowd is total bullshit, exactly like SimShitty, a fake service that exists only for DRM. Third parties did not force MS to do this, MS came up with it and presented it on its own. EA and Ubisoft are the biggest supporters, Activision supports it but surprisingly less so.

4. The Terms of Service DRM plans are worse than we've even imagined.

5. Mirrors Edge 2 at MS Conference

6. New Prince of Persia at MS Conference

7. XBL pay wall for everything still in place

8. Dead Rising 3 at MS conference, there will be exclusive DLC for other Capcom games

9. Sony's info security is tight as a drum, no leaks, so no info on what to expect on DRM, games, etc

I think I got it all.

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya

The buttocks has spoken. Godspeed.

is it weird that I can instantly understand all this but im dyslexic?

Fracas

#fuckonami
So:

-Microsoft is convincing publishers to not mention PS4 versions of multiplatform titles. If Xbone exclusivity is not directly mentioned, it is sure that a PS4 version is in the works.
-The next wave of info about the One's DRM is at Gamescom. No rental support is in the works, and executives are being quiet.
-The cloud with Xbox One is basically a front and excuse for DRM. Microsoft approached third parties with DRM, not the other way around. EA and Ubisoft are the biggest supporters, while Activision isn't really happy about it.
-The One's DRM is worse than MS is letting on. CBOAT can't get any more info from his sources because they fear for their jobs.
-Mirror's Edge 2 will make an appearance at the MS conference. (is it exclusive?)
-Prince of Persia will also appear at the MS conference.
-Phillip Spencer has a secret title.
-Live does have a paywall next gen.
-Dead Rising 3 is coming (Xbone exclusive?) and another Capcom game is getting exclusive DLC
-PS4 online play is free
-Sony is keeping PS4 DRM info close to the chest.

edit: bah, beaten

faridmon

BlazingDarkness said:
- Power of 'the cloud' is all bullshit, it's purely to hide the DRM of the console, EA/Ubisoft biggest backers, but surprisingly not Activision

Not a surprise since Activition are one of the few companies who didn't have online activation codes in their games and didn't exploit the Season pass thingie.

As much as people are harping on how much they hate Activition and thier reliance on CoD series, they are one of the few companies who actually support us, gamers.

antitrop

My translation:

Confirmed that Microsoft is actively buying Xbox One mentions for third party games over PS4. If a third party pub does not say "XBone exclusive" assume that a PS4 version is available behind the scenes.

Stage 2 of indepth DRM messaging at GamesCom. Rental strategy is no strategy, there is no plan for support, they just want to keep quiet. The execs are not talking because there is no decided messaging (something like that), total cluster fuck.

The Power of the Cloud = DRM. Microsoft approached third-parties about this, not the other way around. EA and Ubisoft are the biggest supporters of Microsoft's DRM plans, but Activision Blizzard is not which is fucking crazy.

Xbox One DRM terms of service are worse than you know.

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS Conference.

Prince of Persia Sequel/Reboot/Remake?

World of Tanks Xbox One.

Xbox Live Gold will still be pay-to-play on Xbox One.

Capcom will announce Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for the Xbox One for a different game.

No fucking idea

I don't know shit about Sony.

Raxus

My eyes are bleeding.

I secretly wonder how they plan to make DRM even worse then it already is.

Must have to deal with the family plan and XBL gold.

neptunes

Sony not talking about DRM is scaring me...

Sony is not going to talk about DRM tomorrow.

Expect them to be silent about it until this Fall (or a week before launch)

The reason being is that they don't have to, they can ride the negative publicity MS is having until their own launch.

daebo

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya

*sigh* haven't read the entire thread but my take from the bolded... if there is nothing cboat can get, that to me is confirmation of DRM. Not sure how much like MS it is, but it's there. Which I wouldn't be surprised. Sony has been talking about stopping used games/drm since ps3 rumor days.

Boke1879

This is certainly one of the more disgusting parts of MS' campaign.

What else does MS have? They've had a damn horrible month. Now they hope to look like they've have more games by have pubs not mention PS4 versions.

It sucks because a strategy like this could work on the unsuspecting consumer.

Sony really needs to hit every point and have an attractive cost of entry. $350 would do wonders for the PS4.

Donthizz#

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Banks?

11. No DRM info for PS4.

Activision, good guys? we live in a strange world people..

Yagharek

Pro tip might not be wise to speculate who is CBOAT's real identity lest he get caught like Batman by Hugo. Or Bane. Whichever.

He is the hero we need.

OH MY GOD what an infodump. CBoaT attacks once again. These threads are like Christmas.

Mirror's Edge 2? Prince of Persia? Dead Rising 3?

IlikewhatIhear

BRINGTHEHEAT, E3

khaaan

This is my first E3 and first console switch over period while on GAF....the craziness is glorious. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when the smoke clears.

So:

-Microsoft is convincing publishers to not mention PS4 versions of multiplatform titles. If Xbone exclusivity is not directly mentioned, it is sure that a PS4 version is in the works.
-The next wave of info about the One's DRM is at Gamescom. No rental support is in the works, and executives are being quiet.
-The cloud with Xbox One is basically a front and excuse for DRM. Microsoft approached third parties with DRM, not the other way around. EA and Ubisoft are the biggest supporters, while Activision isn't really happy about it.
-The One's DRM is worse than MS is letting on. CBOAT can't get any more info from his sources because they fear for their jobs.
-Mirror's Edge 2 will make an appearance at the MS conference. (is it exclusive?)
-Prince of Persia will also appear at the MS conference.
-Phillip Spencers secret title is a f2p title from the world of tanks developer.
-Live does have a paywall next gen.
-Dead Rising 3 is coming (Xbone exclusive?) and another Capcom game is getting exclusive DLC
-PS4 online play is free
-Sony is keeping PS4 DRM info close to the chest.

edit: bah, beaten

fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom