• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

This Xbox YouTuber said it here:

And it's been widely assumed to be the case, there would be almost no 3rd party games of consequence left for MS to show if Sony had AC. They have to have it.
ah it not a big loss for sony honsty i odnt care about that series anymore im waiting for kh3 and sly cooper 5

IF the western MH is actually true I bet it's going to multi plat with Xbone/PC maybe even Switch.

I also think the mainline games will continue on Switch and call this Western version something else.

I agree with you. I'm just saying hypothetically, MH5 would lend itself to handheld, possibly PSP3. It should be multiplatform, if they are trying to increase awareness of. The brand. But a western developed style MH with a Destiny some weekly hunts and some form of competitive multiplayer, could be popular.

-duskdoll-

$

Thanks!

Honestly the most fun part during these events is the rumors and leaks, and the whole discussion before the event. When it's over i think there's not much to discuss, the cat's out of the bag.

ViciousDS

Banned
Sony could not announce a damn thing and I'll still be ecstatic about their showing. New Last of Us, God of War, Spidey, Ni No Kuni, and Detroit footage will be delicious.

I need a Sly Cooper announcement snuck in there somewhere tho

days gone dude!!!!!!

give me that world war z zombie game where its impossible to actually stop zombies. Can't wait to see how we plan to escape that shit.......going to be such an adrenaline rush.

Elfstruck

I really hope they won't waste time on showing multiplatform games since they have their own conferences to be shown there, and focus on exclusive games only like last year.

Hmmm, they did spend decent amount of time on 3rd party last year. They are still games, exclusive or not.

wtd2009

Thanks!

Honestly the most fun part during these events is the rumors and leaks, and the whole discussion before the event. When it's over i think there's not much to discuss, the cat's out of the bag.

I don't know, I really love the panel interviews that follow. We get more juicy info compared to just the trailer/announcement. For example, I think I remember getting a lot of info on ff7r with respect to the "episodic" thing, the scenario being complete, the development actually starting in 2014 and such.

VertPin

All I need is FromSoftware's next game. I need it in my veins!
Bloodborne 2 needs to be a reality but I will take what they announce at E3!

Stealth50

I think it's pretty likely this has little to do with Sony's E3 conference, but the small Italian studio Ovosonico that made Murasaki Baby for the Vita has been teasing their new PS4 game (not confirmed exclusive) on twitter the last month or so. They have every other day or so been tweeting out a total of 21 puzzle pieces. If you lay out the puzzle (see below), it becomes obvious that there's 7 pieces left. At the current pace of their tweets, that would mean that the puzzle will become complete close to the start of E3. Now I don't know if it's very common for smaller titles to be announced so close to the big shows but my first thought was that it could either be a VR game or one of those "releasing right now" games announced at one of the conferences. Thoughts?

Any chances Sony will announce more F2P exclusive games like Let It Die?
Btw, what happened to the russian exclusive game that was inspired by Heavy Rain: Without Memory? The devs even met David Cage and got his praise.
I hope it isn't cancelled and that it will be shown at E3.

Toe-Knee

Btw, what happened to the russian exclusive game that was inspired by Heavy Rain: Without Memory? The devs even met David Cage and got his praise.

Dualshockers had an article on it. I think the Gameplay trailer has such a negative reaction due to the visuals that they put it on hold to make a new engine.

I could be remembering wrong though.

FelipeMGM

I think it's pretty likely this has little to do with Sony's E3 conference, but the small Italian studio Ovosonico that made Murasaki Baby for the Vita has been teasing their new PS4 game (not confirmed exclusive) on twitter the last month or so. They have every other day or so been tweeting out a total of 21 puzzle pieces. If you lay out the puzzle (see below), it becomes obvious that there's 7 pieces left. At the current pace of their tweets, that would mean that the puzzle will become complete close to the start of E3. Now I don't know if it's very common for smaller titles to be announced so close to the big shows but my first thought was that it could either be a VR game or one of those "releasing right now" games announced at one of the conferences. Thoughts?

I used to think they would work on a SIE game again, but with all these teases I doubt is something Sony is publishing too.

They do have a very talented team there and work on a great enviroment, so Im looking forward for anything they have

Not even sure why Let it Die is exclusive, is not a Sony game, its published by GungHo

Sony funded and published F2P are clearly not happening anytime soon, just look what happened to Guns Up and Kill Strain and how they changed the model of Drawn To Death.

Dualshockers had an article on it. I think the Gameplay trailer has such a negative reaction due to the visuals that they put it on hold to make a new engine.

I could be remembering wrong though.

I can't understand why would they bash the graphics from an indie studio with only 8 members and no experience. Surely it doesn't have the graphics of, let's say, Detroit but this is clrearly very good for such small team. I like how the devs prioritized the PS4 to use its capapbilities and its DualShock 4 in gameplay, but instead of encouraging them, they just did the opposite. Don't blame them if one day they go multiplatform. It is not just Sony's fault to lose exclusives but also consumers' one.

Not even sure why Let it Die is exclusive, is not a Sony game, its published by GungHo

Sony funded and published F2P are clearly not happening anytime soon, just look what happened to Guns Up and Kill Strain and how they changed the model of Drawn To Death.

What happened to Guns Up? I know about Kill Strain and its servers going offline soon but not about Guns Up.

Also another F2P suppsoed to be funded by Sony as an exclusive deal with Capcom sicne they provided exclusive games for the otehr platforms which is Deep Down.
I really hope they will re-announce it at E3 to be alive. That Panta Rhei engine looks so good to be abandoned just like that.

Toe-Knee

I can't understand why would they bash the graphics from an indie studio with only 8 members and no experience. Surely it doesn't have the graphics of, let's say, Detroit but this is clrearly very good for such small team. I like how the devs prioritized the PS4 to use its capapbilities and its DualShock 4 in gameplay, but instead of encouraging them, they just did the opposite. Don't blame them if one day they go multiplatform. It is not just Sony's fault to lose exclusives but also consumers' one.

From memory it all seemed a little ridiculous. A lot of the grating comments seemed to be from people who had no interest in the game in the first place. On the dualshockers store itself a lot of the people commenting were anti Sony /ps4 trolls.

Bandit1

I want it too. Do we know if RaD has been working on some big project recently other these few small already known games?

I'd love a new Order too, but every time it's brought up it seems like people in the know show up and say that it's not happening.

stryke

I want it too. Do we know if RaD has been working on some big project recently other these few small already known games?

Yes, but it's a new IP. From their jobs Web page:

We are in the pre-production phase of an exciting new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP we are creating. In addition, we are also in full production on both a cutting edge VR experience, in partnership with Oculus and De·formers, a fast and frantic third person smash’em arena game in partnership with GameTrust.

vivftp

I have a question since people are still speculating about a new PS Portable for PS4 games. I know there's no mobile hardware available to replicate the actual power of a PS4, but what if they lowered the resolution? Instead of supporting 1920x1080, maybe a screen resolution of 960x540, or 960x544 like the Vita?

Sure it would require patches for existing games to support the lower resolution, but my question is does the mobile hardware exist to theoretically run base PS4-level games at 1/4 the overall amount of pixels?

I'd love a new Order too, but every time it's brought up it seems like people in the know show up and say that it's not happening.

You know, I rebought the order for 4 bucks at the last flash sale. I've been replaying, it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. But the gameplay is just so incredibly limited. It's beyond just linear narrative and gameplay, it's so beautiful but there's so little you control. They even severely limit when you can pull our gun out and aim it for example. And wayyyy too many QTEs. But I really do enjoy the story and amazing graphics. If they did another they'd have to really focus on giving the game more depth.

I want it, too. But I don't see why Sony should greenlit it. Game is considered mediocre, even bad by some people and it didn't sell that well. They have so many IPs they could spend money on instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom